“Perfectly Fine, Not Luxurious” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Bloomington Minneapolis Airport/Mall Area

Ramada Bloomington Minneapolis Airport/Mall Area
Ranked #40 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
St. Paul, MN
“Perfectly Fine, Not Luxurious”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here recently to enjoy a little “staycation/vacation” weekend. I chose it because we were going to the Mystery Café dinner theater show that is in their banquet hall Saturday evening. I decided to make a weekend out of it by going to the Mall of America during the day Saturday and staying the night at the hotel.

About the hotel: Overall, it is an older establishment and showing signs of wear in places (e.g., the building exterior, hall carpets, doors). I believe it was called the Thunderbird in the past, and some of the décor and names of the lounges and suites still depict outdated, kitschy “Native American” themes. Our room, however, was nicely redecorated with modern hotel furniture, bedding, and art. Our room was rather small and the bathroom quite small, though this was not surprising given that it was an inexpensive room and because “shower only” was clearly stated when I made the reservation. Sound-proofing throughout the hotel could be improved – it was easy to hear people in the halls, especially those using the ice-maker right outside our door. I was happy to have packed my travel fan for some white noise! The pool area was a nice treat - a fun round room with sandstone walls, and a large pool that has a deep end that is actually deep (9 ft) in contrast to most hotel pools (5 ft). The hot tub was also large, but not overly hot.

About the show: We enjoyed the “Murder by Chicken” show. The cast had good energy and kept us smiling and laughing. It was fun to try to solve the murder, but nice not to be pressured to do so or to have to take part in the show. The food was decent, but nowhere near gourmet – more like an inexpensive wedding dinner. Overall, I would do it again if it weren’t so expensive – it did not seem worth $60+/ticket. We may try one of their shows at Majestic Oaks in Ham Lake, as we know we like the food there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Steinbach, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

After reading the reviews of others, we found that some had a problem with the small shower (suggestion: Eat less, Exercise more, Stay in shape, hard thing to do for some we noticed). We stayed there for three nights and found nothing to complain about, room was clean,bed was comfortable,noise level was none considering being that close to the airport, close to Mall of America,short drive or walking distance or take the shuddle. Staff was friendly and helpful .Suggestion to those that want to complain: Read the reviews and if you don't like it try a higher price stay (but I am sure they will still find something to complain about there too. Suggestion: Stay Home) We plan on staying there again this coming summer,

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomah, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

This hotel is NASTY.. Very dirty and NOTHING works. Our toilet never flushed or would run all the time. The bathroom was so small you would have to step on the toilet just to get into the shower. Our room would not heat because the thermometer was not working right so we had to use 3 blankets during the night and woke up with ICE on the inside window. The messed up our booking and put us in a room with no microwave or fridge, idk if thats how all them are! THE people here are complete JERKS! They are rude and VERY disrespectful! DONT eat at the cafe there because you will honestly wait 53 minutes for your fiil and you will have to chase down a waitress just to ask for a refill. This place is VERY DIRTY and NASTY. They say you get a queen size bed but i think its a twin. SAVE yourself the money and visit one of their neighbors instead because they looked a whole lot better. I will never EVER stay here again! I was glad to get the HECK outta there!

Room Tip: DONT book here! Honestly!!!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Darcy Z
Blue Earth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

This hotel is very old and run down, no bathtubs, just a teeny tiny shower stall that you practically have to put your foot in the stool just to wedge yourself around the door to get into. I asked at the desk and this is how ALL the rooms are set up. The floor in our room was filthy, the tile/grout in shower was filthy, the place is just old and well over due for a makeover! The food was less than so so, almost terrible. We unfortunately paid a little extra to stay here based on the website which made eveything look luxurious, warm and inviting. It was NOT! Obviously they were able to select an excelent marketing company! I am shocked Ramada lets them use their name. I will say the staff was friendly and i almost felt sorry for them having to work there but that didn't make up for the cost!

Room Tip: Ask about tubs as in do they have them!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2012

I had an overnight business trip near the Mall of Americas, so I stayed at this Ramada. I was sorry that I did when I walked in. Everything seemed drab and old. The workout room was small but the pool looked like it could be fun. My bathroom wasn't much bigger than a closet and only had a shower in it. Over all I was just glad to leave out early in the morning, and I won't stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Superior, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a great time at the dinner show, "Who killed the boss?" This was for a work party and I know that everyone at the table I was at had a GREAT time and everyone that I got a chance to talk to also enjoyed the show and dinner. My fiancee and I also stayed at the hotel and had a great room and enjoyed our stay. Will do this again!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Waterloo, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed here for spirit if america cheer competition. The rooms were nice & clean. The pool was pretty big, very nice and a good place for the kids to hang out. Our heat was not working very well (heating system desperately needs to be updates). The front desk supervisor was very accommodating & gave us a free upgrade to a poolside room because of the heating problem. The decore could use a little upgrading & the gift shop is a tacky mess. But, we liked it enough that we'll be back next year!

• Stayed January 2012