“A convenient place to stay when visiting the Mall of America”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed April 2, 2010

Our family of 6 girls stayed in two rooms during spring break. We chose this hotel because of the great Trip Adviser ratings. The hotel is very nice and modern but I must say I expected a bit more after I read all the 5 star ratings. Arriving in the morning before noon I did not expect to be able to check in but it was worth at least asking. The staff was polite and I told them that's fine we would be back to check in after shopping for a while then. Coming back after 4pm we expected our rooms to be ready but they still weren't. The young man was very sympathetic and immediately offered us a complimentary beverage while we waited in the lobby for our rooms. The older woman working next to him seemed annoyed at him for offering the beverages to us. She went on to say check in time was not until 3pm and I reminded her it was after 4pm. She had limited customer service skills. She was undoing all the good will the young man had established with me. When we went to our rooms they were just finishing the clean up process and we had to replace our own toilet paper and soap. Both rooms were clean and very nicely furnished, There was plenty of space, a room divider, two flat screens and very comfortable beds. The Breakfast was too pricey for what you get $11.50 per person so we ate across the street at IKEA (a bargain!) The pool was clean but very tiny and they advertized it as "resort style" so we were a little disappointed. The work out room was excellent and the shutttle to the mall a plus. The price we paid was not a bargain but in line with the other hotels in the area. (about 100.per room)Overall we enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

We are currently staying at the Cambria Suites in Bloomington MN. When we went to bed the first night, we found a fresh blood stain on one pillowcase and some other fresh stain on another (I hesitate to think of what it was). They were obviously left over from the prior guest. We reported it that evening, the pillows were replaced.

The following morning we spoke with Joe King, the General Manager. He assured us this was not typical and that the housekeeping supervisor would personally inspect the room to make sure all sheets/blankets were changed. Housekeeping didn't even enter the room, as it was in the same condition we left it.

Right now I am sitting here watching the night desk person replace the bedding. He had to call someone to help because he said right in front of my wife "I'm not a girl, I don't know how to make a bed"

3  Thank MinivanDave
Reviewed March 19, 2010

We spent 1 night here while we visited the Mall of America. The hotel sits on the freeway and next to a landing strip for the airport. However it was one of the quietest hotels I have ever stayed in. It is totally soundproofed. We heard nothing and we faced both of these things. The room was modern and comfortable. Except our daughter had to sleep on the sofa sleeper and it was horrible. But aren't they all? The bathroom was large and the bed was very comfortable. There is a fridge and microwave in the room. The pool is small but it was fine as was the hot tub. The entrance to the hotel is non descript as it is just a door but the lobby was fine. We only encountered the desk help and a person in the restaurant. The clerk was very business like. No offer of tips for the visit or ammenities in the hotel. Just swiped the card and handed me the key. There was no breakfast included so we bought the buffet. It was fine but not fantastic. If we weren't on a time contraint we would have gone elsewhere. They don't even give you free coffee unless you buy the buffet. There is a coffeemaker in your room but if 2 are drinking that is about 1 cup per person. The biggest complaint was that the desk called our room at 4:15 AM to see if we were the ones taking the 4:30 shuttle. That was horrible and when I mentioned it at check out he just said "sorry". That shouldn't happen at any hotel that keeps an accurate record. It took us an hour to fall back asleep as we couldn't find the phone fast enough to answer it so it rang about 5 times. I think a better apology should have been warranted. No one wants to be awakened so unexpectadly especially when you are on a vacation.

Reviewed March 8, 2010

I travel every week to different locations and this is the best hotel in my routine of travel. Very friendly and accommadating staff, great lobby and lounge area with Flat Screen TV (and Wii video game system if you ask), great rooms very nicely decorated, the best fitness center, restaurant with simple menu but everything is delicious, one of the best bars in the area (very entertaining Bartender). Carl at the Bar, Sam & Amanda at the front desk are the best. If you are visiting the Twin Cities or Mall of America, this is the place to stay. Super convenient to Airport and a shuttle that will take you to various locations.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed at the Cambria while on a family trip to MPLS and found the hotel to be everything we needed. The rooms were spotless and very trendy. Even though we had a full room with 3 kids, there was plenty of space and the kids loved it. The pool was small but good enough as we only used it once and weren't there to swim. The hotel bar was quite sleek. Overall, I really have nothing but good things to say about our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel twice in Fall/ Winter 2009. Both experiences were wonderful, and I plan to go back again!

Location is convenient to get to MSP Int'l airport, MOA, and an east freeway drive into Minneapolis/ St. Paul. Could hear planes coming and going, but not so much ad to disrupt sleep.

Check-in was smooth, staff was helpful and friendly, and the rooms were stunning! Spacious, beautifully decorated, modern, and comfortable. A truly excellent experience; would highly recommend!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Two friends and I stayed here the night before an early morning flight to Florida. The $10 per night for underground parking was certainly worth it - didn't have to fight the snow and scraping on our return. All of the staff members were very helpful. The suite was very clean and comfy and easily comodated the three of us. It had two flat-screen TVs and very nice amenities. Our breakfast was fine. Then, when we returned to MN in a raging snow storm, I called from the airport to see if, by chance, they had a room so we wouldn't have to fight the elements trying to get back home to Mankato in the dark - the roads were horrible with snow falling and high winds. Cambria staff members were more than accommodating, had the shuttle waiting for us and a room ready when we arrived. By the time we got back we were famished and though they have a limited dinner menu, the food was very good and the service was excellent. All in all, I would give our stay(s) a ten.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends