“exactly as expected....”

SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed November 6, 2009

We booked the room based on the reviews here. We were happy that overall the reviews were right on. We had a corner suite which was nice. We paid $99 a night and would do it again in a heartbeat. The rooms were clean and quiet. Our only complaint was that the room thermostat was not working. We called and they could not fix he problem until the morning. Not that big of a deal. We were given $30 off a night for our troubles. I would stay there again if I was ever to go to the Mall of America. Which I hope I never do....read that review.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America

Reviewed October 9, 2009

I stayed here the first weekend in October and I was pleasantly surprised. I had stopped by around 10:30 a.m. just to be sure I could find the place and I went in to get directions to the Metrodome and the man behind the counter gave perfect directions. What a great way to start off my experience. I have never stayed at a Choice hotel before, so this was something very different. I came back to the hotel after the Twins game and the lobby was hopping and people were gathered around the flat screen TV watching football and having a great time. When I checked in the guy, not the one that helped me previously, told me that there had been a power outage to half of the hotel and the hotel next door. I took what he said with caution and proceeded to my room. I got to my very nicely decorated room and the bedroom had power, but the rest of the suite did not. I was just happy the bedroom TV was working so I could relax and rest up. This hotel is across the street from a Delta airlines hanger and while I was here the airport was routing planes right next to the hotel. I NEVER heard planes landing. I saw them coming in and I could see the people in the airplane windows, because I was so close, but you never heard the planes themselves. WOW VERY impressed! I did have a handicapped room, so my photos do not show what a regular room looks like. I have never stayed in a handicapped room before, but it was just fine. The power did come back on around 07:30 p.m. The staff was really nice and I was very happy with my experience here. For those who like to shop, the Mall of America was my view from my hotel room. If you feel like taking a 10-15 walk you can go to the Mall, but I just drove since it was raining the whole time I was there. I really hope they start building other Cambria Suites around the country, beacuse I really enjoyed this hotel. Give this place a try, I think people will really be happy with their stay. Happy Traveling!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2009

My mother and i stayed here because we wanted to be close to the mall. Rooms were very nice 2 flat screens and all modern decor. Pool was a bit small but hotub was great!! Overall i would definatley stay again!!

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank Ashk_kut18
Reviewed October 2, 2009

We went down to Minneapolis for a Vikings game (home opener w/Favre, pulls it out with 2 seconds left :) and shopping. The hotel was at a great location, with shuttle service to both the mall and the train station with service to the Metrodome.

There are a couple of bad reviews on the breakfast. We actually ordered from the menu (not the buffet) and it was it was pretty good!

The rooms were very large with two TV's and a couch. We were able to hang out in our friends' room very comfortably.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank spanielrage
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Three of us, including two teenagers stayed at the Cambria Suites for a convenient place to stay after shopping at the Mall of America, with plans to return to shopping the next morning. The hotel could not be more convenient in its location. The room decor is sparse and has a cheap look. We had a corner suite. The bathroom was enormous, with a nice shower, but there was only one sink in the corner. Though airplanes fly very low overhead, the rooms are surprisingly quiet. The beds were okay.

The food is atrocious. The very limited breakfast buffet was simply not edible. Most of the hot items were not replenished and the bagels had mold on them. Service was limited and the hotel staff was largely unresponsive. After discussion with the manager, the charge for breakfast was taken off the bill and we packed up and had a quick breakfast (reasonably tasty and at 1/4 the price) at IKEA right across the street.

Overall this was an unpleasant stay for us.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JCMaxwell
Reviewed September 2, 2009

The Hotel's website actually delivered what it advertised. What you see is what you get with Cambria Suites. I don't recommend many hotels but I will definitely recommend this one to everyone I know. It's 2 long blocks away from the Mall of America and right off the highway that will take you anywhere you want to go. Althought it is located just south of the airport you could barely tell there was an airport there. Overall, we had a very pleasant exprience from check-in to check-out.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank adoc74
Reviewed August 2, 2009

This was our first visit to a Cambria Suites and we were thrilled. The location is perfect for those wanting to shop the Mall (not us!) and for those just flying in late (less than 5 min. to the airport.) Best yet, the cost was cheap, but the design and attention to detail made us feel like we should have paid double! If we'd been staying in the area longer, I could definitely see using this suite as home-base for a family of 4. Only thing missing? Breakfast included.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
TownePlace Suites Minneapolis Mall of America
Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Fairfield Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington/Mall of America
Hyatt Regency Bloomington-Minneapolis
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America

Been to SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America

Address: 2870 Metro Dr, Bloomington, MN 55425-1403 (Formerly SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
#8 Romantic Hotel in Bloomington
#9 Family Hotel in Bloomington
#11 Business Hotel in Bloomington
Price Range: $112 - $204 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Travelocity, Priceline, Reservation Counter, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Springhill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Hotel Bloomington
Cambria Suites Bloomington
Cambria Bloomington
Bloomington Cambria Suites
SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall Of America Bloomington, MN, North America