SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport/Mall of America
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Tallahassee
“Another great stay....”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Once again, Springhill Suites MOA was a perfect stay. Love the location for my business meetings and for free time, a quick drive over to MOA. Room was perfect once again and breakfast was more than satisfying for this hungry traveler. Near airport but you never hear the planes - very quiet hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Kansas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

First, the staff was excellent. All we encountered were friendly and helpful. Check-in was efficient.

The property itself is clean and well equipped. Looks to be new or nearly new. Very modern and spacious interior. The lobby is well designed and appealing. There are large communal areas which are open and inviting. We stayed in a king studio which was perfect for our party of two. The desk was large and the chair was comfortable. The sofa area with a separate TV was perfect for my daughter to hang out and watch shows while I worked on my computer. The bed was very comfortable. Nice selection of pillows.

The breakfast area was nicely spread out so it didn't getting overly crowded. Fairly typical breakfast selection for this level of hotel. I liked that they had a pot of oatmeal. However, the brown sugar in the container there was hard and needed to be replaced with some fresh sugar. Coffee and hot chocolate were available at all times. There were glass containers of water with either lemon or cucumber in the lobby area at all times as well which was a nice touch.

There were shuttles going to the Mall of America every hour. We didn't utilize the service but it looked very popular. The location is very close to the mall and Ikea. We noticed planes landing while coming to and from the property but I did not hear them in my room.

Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed here for a visit to the Mall of America. It was very modern, very clean and very helpful. There were three of us and one was sleeping on the pull out. When we pulled it out there was popcorn inside of it (ick!) and the mattress was super thin. The next morning I asked if we could be moved to a room with two beds. They did so with only a small charge and it was so much better! The beds were queen instead of the king, but otherwise, it was great! The mattresses are a tad too soft for me but everyone else loved them. The shuttle to the mall is fabulous! I can't imagine having to drive there! The free breakfast is nice (waffles well worth the wait) and the bartender and front desk both recommended a great Italian restaurant. I noticed some reviews commented on plane noise but we rarely heard it and actually thought it was pretty cool to see them so close.

Room Tip: Don't bother trying to use the pull out. Pay extra and get enough beds!
Whitefish, Montana
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We were frustrated by intermittent and weak wifi signals and difficulty logging on. Sound insulation between rooms could have been better and there was a low pitch mechanical buzz of some type that disturbed my sleep. The hotel is extremely nice in all other ways and the staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012
Evansville, IN
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for business overnight. The front desk staff was flustered when I checked in. The room was very tiny but clean and well appointed. The decor was modern. The only place to eat within walking distance is a deli in a neighboring office building which has very good food but is a bit pricey. My shuttle reservation to go to the airport was written down but there was no shuttle available at the time. The agent at the front desk was unhelpful and just kept telling me it wasn't here right now. He didn't try to call the shuttle or even tell me to wait outside on the curb. It went past the hotel twice without stopping for me. I ended up arriving at the airport less than an hour before my flight and with the screening lines it was barely enough time to make my flight.

• Stayed October 2012
Iowa City, IA
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Springhill Suites, Bloomington hit all the marks for our weekend visit:
- great location, near Mall-of-America (free shuttle, REALLY beats parking at MoA), IKEA, easy access to roads to St. Paul, MSP airport (rooms well-insulated from air traffic noise)
- huge room with two queen beds, huge window
- fridge, microwave, safe
- separate desk & couch area with separate TV
- pleasant lobby, nice pool & workout rooms
- great breakfast
The staff were welcoming at check-in, always nice for the road-weary traveler. Good value, even more so with the Marriott Rewards program.

Sioux City
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When checking in, the front desk staff was unusually rude. My wife and I chose to travel to the Twin Cities to celebrate our Anniversary, so I wasn't going to judge my experience based on a couple of employees. Breakfast the next morning was very nice for a hotel...good waffles with your choice of Vanilla Malt or Whole Grain. They offered a breakfast meat (Bacon or sausage) each day with Scrambled Eggs. They also had your typical bagels, fruit, juice, coffee, yogurt and cereals available. The staff running the breakfast was great and quick to restock, even towards the end of breakfast. After we ate, worked out and got cleaned up, we were out to enjoy the day. When leaving, I asked the front desk where they would recommend we go. Even though there was different staff at this time, they were not very helpful and quite frankly, I felt as if we were bothering them. I noticed that each evening when we got back to the hotel, the staff was at the desk, but never once were we greeted at our return. I was extremely disappointed and we both felt rather un-welcomed at this time.

Overall...the only staff who we found to be "cold" were the front desk staff. The cleaning crew, breakfast crew and other property staff were very courteous. There are too many great hotels out there to fail in this area. We will not be staying at a Springhill in the future.

Room Tip: Even though this is RIGHT by the airport, we never heard a plane. However, everytime the A/C unit k...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple