“Meets expectations and close to airport”

Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Mill City, Oregon
“Meets expectations and close to airport”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good location near airport, pretty clean, good service at check in. My room was a little worn around the edges and the common area carpets needed vacuuming, but nothing that detracted from my stay. Location is walking distance to Mall of America, but not much else. No problem with noise from near by runway path (right outside my window). I left for the airport too early to try the breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have always used Hampton Inns & Suites in most cities when I need to be close to the airport. This hotel by St Paul/ Malll of America is conveniently located but their managers are not friendly at all. As a frequent traveler it is always a challenge to get in touch with loved ones at home particularly given the long distance as well as time zones as my family is in the South Pacific! I was on Skype call very early at around 2am because of the time difference and of course I was a bit loud because of poor skype reception. After the Manager on duty knocked in my door to advise me of noise level, of course I lower my voice! And he knocks again about 10mins later to tell me I was still loud which I think is crazy because I wasn't! I end up rounding puny long distance Skype call and curl into bed only to be disturbed 30mins later!!! This time there are cops involved to evict me. As an Island girl in a foreign land so faraway..... I think the treatment was not fair nor right to be penalised for talking to family on skype whom i hadnt spoken to whole week and just about falling off to a deep sleep that is short lived, as I have to pack my bags again. It makes me look at America differently and this hotel associate, Tony Kalina is not a friendly man nor an understanding one at all.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Seracaw
Kristina A, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. We take all comments very seriously and have discussed this in our staff meeting. Our highest priority is the comfort and safety of our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed here for one evening for an Auntie's girls weekend. When checking in the gentleman confirmed that we had three adults and 1 child and said let's see if we can find a bigger room for you all. That was so nice because that allowed each of the adults (Aunties & adult niece) to have their own bed and the 1 1/2 year old (great niece) could sleep on the floor. We spent the night playing in the pool & hot tub. The next day we had a terrific breakfast (crowded though) and went over to the Mall of America for a day of shopping and rides. A GREAT Auntie's weekend with our favorite girls.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet - we didn't hear a plane at all and we are right next to the airport
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Liked this Hampton a lot. Was very clean, and had friendly staff. Very close to airport if you're there for business, and it was easy to get from the hotel to other areas of the Twin Cities. I had no noise issues on my stay. Little tricky using the hotel shuttle from MSP Term 2 (Southwest). Perhaps better direction from staff on where to meet the shuttle would improve that considerably.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here before an early flight out of the MSP airport. The hotel was clean, quiet, and convenient. The beds were VERY comfortable. Not fancy, but had everything we needed. Breakfast was available at 6:00, early enough for us to take advantage of it before the 5 - 10 minute trip to the terminal. Although it was so close to the airport, we weren't disturbed by the noise of planes. It was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AHW55
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We loved the location of the Hampton Inn and the shuttle to the airport was so nice and convenient for us. The Park n Fly is the only way we will go for any of our trips. The hotel staff were nice (except for check-in they didn't have us down for park and fly, had to show them my confirmation which had it on there) and it was very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hurley, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked two suites the weekend of 3/22 -3/24 for family trip to the Mall of America. The hotel is very clean, the staff very accommodating. The staff went out of their way to make our stay very pleasant, catering to our every need. The breakfast was good, and plentiful. With Spring Break beginning, the hotel was very full, both with shoppers and a swim team. With so many individuals, the breakfast service area was a bit tight, but people were polite and cooperative, definitely Minnesota nice. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member, and have stayed in Hampton Inns all over the US. The bath towels were horrible--very small with a texture like sandpaper. I would expect to find towels of that quality at a Motel 6 or Super 8, not the Hampton Inn. It was my only disappointment with our stay.

Room Tip: The suite for my daughter and her family had two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. It was very roomy...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family