“Convenient location to Mall of America and train to downtown Minneapolis make this a good choice”

Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #12 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Convenient location to Mall of America hotel provides shuttle) and train to downtown Minneapolis make this a good choice. Hampton Inns provide a nice place to stay and a great breakfast and great staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Had a great one night stay for our trip to Mall of America. Check in was a breeze. HHonors Gold member status was acknowledged and we were given an upgrade to accommodate our family of 5 which was very nice of them. The staff were extremely friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The shuttle to Mall of America was very helpful for us and the location and shuttle for the airport would also be great if you are flying. The pool was a little on the smaller side but the kids enjoyed it. The rooms were good other than that the walls were a little thin between rooms so you could easily hear what was going on in the next room. Our neighbors were fairly quiet so it wasn't an issue for us but I feel sorry for them having to hear our noisy young children. On the bright side, I didnt hear any noise from airplanes which is pretty impressive with the Delta terminal being the view from your window. Breakfast was good but was missing butter, mixed fruit, and danishes which have been staples at every other Hampton Inn I have visited. Maybe they were just out of stock? The couple minor issues aside, we still had a great stay and will definitely stay here again next time we visit Mall of America.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I thought the room was clean. The price was affordable. Full service sports bar and restaurant next to property. Denny's is on property. Free shuttle to airport and mall. Nice place overall. Was offered a water while waiting for shuttle which was nice gesture. Property is a bit older but they've updated it. Some rooms on third and fourth floors have balconies.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank sgpostle
Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is RIGHT next to runway of MSP and it really surprised me as I parked the car and my windshield was full of DELTA. Inside the hotel was clean and comfortable and very good soundproofing. There seemed to be 3 shuttles that ran back and forth to the airport -- on demand or scheduled. Did not use but many folks were. Shuttle also goes to Mall of America.
Breakfast was good and staff very nice. NO PROBLEM.

Room Tip: Standard Hampton Inn -- probably best on front rather than with airway view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I feel that the front desk staff went above and beyond to make my stay comfortable. I had the shuttle pick me up from the airport (really close, only waited about 10 minutes or less) around midnight. Check in was a breeze, but upon getting to my room I discovered a minor problem (clogged toilet). I called the front desk and they offered to change my room right away rather than make me wait for someone to possibly come and try to fix it. Less than a minute later, the water actually seemed to go down and flush, and it was late and I didn't feel like changing rooms. I called the front desk back but the guy was already on the way with the key. They radioed him back to the front desk and then he called me a few minutes later saying that if I had a problem at any point in the night to just call them back and someone would be up right away. Luckily I had no more problems, but I have stayed at other hotels where they were unresponsive to similar problems. It is the little things like this that bring me back to a hotel. It was a nice hotel, seemingly newer, had all the amenities (fridge and microwave), and the breakfast was delicious. And actually for being next to the airport, the noise level is not all that bad. Must be some good insulation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel has a very large room for 5 or 6 with lots of space for sitting around, 2 queen beds and 1 pullout sofa. The beds are very comfortable, sofa okay. Nice bathroom, fridge, microwave. Very close to Mall of America with free shuttle service every half hour. Breakfast is fairly good.... some sort of sausage and also scrambled eggs, neither of which looked appealing. Lots of yogurt, good cereal choices. Bagels, donuts, toast, limited jam choices. Coffee only so/so but I find American coffee usually far too weak. Waffles which kids like. Bananas and apples most days. Orange juice is not really juice...more like orange beverage or tang.
Close to airplane traffic but so soundproof you are not aware of them. Free wifi.
Five minute walk to train to Target field or downtown Minneapolis.
Price was not too bad...unfortunately, they raised the price significantly for Sunday night while Friday and Saturday were about 30 or 40 dollars cheaper.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We found this hotel to stay at as part of the Minnesota Baseball Tournaments in Bloomington. VERY Comfortable rooms, bed and spacious suites. Great for any traveler catching a plane at the airport, visiting the Mall of America 9not very far, could see it from our window) or staying for the many outdoor games in the Minnesota summer time. You won't be disappointed. Added bonus: a great view of in in-coming and out-going planes, but really, not a sound issue!

Room Tip: Rooms to the northwest have a nice view of planes coming and going. Not a lot of distracting noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family