Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis - St. Paul Airport
Ranked #12 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Iowa
“Standard hotel”
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Room were clean and large. Good location and easy to work. Parking lot was small for any large trailer or truck to manuver

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed February 26, 2011

My daughter and I stayed here for the weekend to do some shopping for her prom and graduation things. Saturday after our second day of shopping we returned to the room to find a dress and sandals missing from our things. I'm hoping the housekeeper threw them away as opposed to stealing them, yet I find it hard to believe someone could pick up an open top shopping bag and not look in it and see there were new items that shouldn't be thrown away. As per their satisfaction guarantee, we received a refund for one nights stay that took 11 days for me to receive after I made a second call. The shuttle service was great, the breakfast was really good, and the hotel was clean, but after walking for 3 hours looking in numerous stores to find those things and have them stolen will ensure we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Reviewed February 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our weekend stay in Bloomington. The location is perfect for driving to the Mall, you don't have to get back onto the freeway to get there, traffic was never an issue. They also have a shuttle that comes a few times every hour.

The first room we were given was supposed to be a non smoking room on a non smoking floor, but the smell of cigarrette smoke was horrible. They immediately gave us a new room (no questions asked) that was much better. We ended up staying on the even numbered side, right next to the runway. Although you could hear the airplanes, they were very quiet and wouldn't hessitate to stay on that side again. It was actually quite entertaining watching the planes land and take off.

The breakfast was quite good, however the hotel was VERY busy the weekend we stayed and the breakfast area was ALWAYS packed! We always managed to find a seat as the eating area is quite large, but if you like to eat in quiet, you probably should take the food to your room.

Seeing as it was a busy weekend, the pool area was always packed. However, they do have an adult only swim time from 10-11pm.

The staff was always friendly and courteous.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 22, 2011

Clean, comfortable rooms with friendly staff & good hot breakfasts. Location to airport, Mall of America and downtown train station was great. Free shuttle service from airport, mall and even to the metro train station was fast and courteous. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011
Fairmont, MN
Reviewed January 18, 2011

This has become our "Park and Fly" hotel the night before our flight. They are the closest Hilton property to MSP that will let you use Reward Points for your stay and then charge for parking. AND, they only charge $5 a day to park your vehicle.

However, the hotel is right in a busy landing and take off strip, so be sure and request an odd numbered room.

The shuttle drivers are very friendly and helpful, also.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Eastlake, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2011

I have become a fan of Hampton Inns over the years as I know going in what I'm usually going to get and that if things aren't what I expect, their "100% Satisfaction Guarantee" policy has always been honored.

This particular Hampton was very well maintained. My room was spotless, the floor was freshly vacuumed and the bathroom/shower area was also very clean. The front desk staff greeted me politely and I was made to feel welcome during my 2 night stay.

As far as location goes, you can't get much better than this if you plan on visiting the Mall of America. You can see the Mall from the parking lot. And as others have said, the Minneapolis Airport is right down the road as well. I bought a fan from Sears at the MoA and used that to drown out some of the noise, so being that close to the airport really didn't bother me. The a/c was fantastic. When I woke up in the morning, the thermostat read 58 degrees, which is a bit chilly, but I prefer being cool at night. The beds were standard Hampton beds. They are moderately comfortable, and I do like their selection of different pillow types.

Overall, I certainly enjoyed my stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Bloomington. The location, value (I paid less than $200 total for two nights on a weekend in June) and atmosphere were all positive and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Key West, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Just about everything about our stay here was very positive. We stayed in two suites which were very clean and spacious, though was "open style" --i.e. one big room (not a big thing for our family). The price that we got the suites for on Expedia was outstanding, though I'm not sure if this was normal because of the large supply of hotels in the MOA area or because of the season in which we were travelling (Christmas Eve/Day), or the discount for the 3 day stay. It was probably a combination of all three reasons.

When we arrived we reiterated our request for connecting rooms, which apparently weren't available anymore in the configuration that we booked. Staff were very accomodating however and "upgraded" our booking on one room (i.e. no price adjustment) to a K/s accessible room which was as big as the 2Q/s suite. The connecting rooms offered an extremely large amount of comfortable space to enjoy.

The pool area/spa area was very well done, very clean and maintained, though it was a bit on the small side, but about normal for what one gets nowadays.

The breakfast eating area was nice and spacious, unlike what many other hotels offer--we never felt cramped. On the breakfast quality side, it was the average cold items, waffles, along with sausage and eggs (?), or at least what is passed off as sausage and eggs. This is the only reason I've withheld giving the hotel 5 stars, maybe a petty reason, but one area that I think could be upgraded.

The shuttle to the MOA was very convenient, running 2x/hour and even had a on-demand pickup (which we did not use). The shuttle allows you to by-pass all of the traffic in/out of the mall, with the traffic police waving the shuttle around traffic and barricades. This meant, no unbearable waits in mall traffic and no parking issues.

One other thing I'll mention, as it might mean something to a potential guest at the hotel,. The hotel is located right off the beltway, right next to the MSP airport, partially embedded in an office park. There were no issues with sound really, from either cars or planes, though you could hear the familiar sound of planes turbine engines when they were landing --- landing *right* outside the window, the sound was muffled so it did not really interrupt much either from viewing TV or sleeping. The plane, however, were *very* close which could be exciting in a bad way to some; for us, it was exciting in a good way and provided some periodic entertainment watching the planes land.

Anyways, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family