“Great As Usual”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #130 of 223 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin, United States
“Great As Usual”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Atmosphere - Fun and decent price - great food! Even though it was crazy busy the waiter still kept us happy and even kept us updated on the football game

Visited January 2013

Fulda
“About as good as any FD lately”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm starting to loose my faith in Famous Daves. I usually at at them about once a month either in the twin cities, Sioux Falls or Mankato but lately the pork and brisket has large chucks of fat in them that is really gross. My stop at the Bloomington FD was no exception. Once you get a big chunk of fat in your mouth it's really hard to get excited about finishing the dinner. My wife played it safe and went for soup and salad.

So I rate this one average for weak tea and fatty meat. What's sad is it takes very little effort for me to do better at home just by trimming up the meat before cooking. Sorry Dave I'm not sure I'll be back.

• Visited October 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

A group of us ate at this restaurant earlier this week. We were there to have a Birthday meal that was in remembrance of a relative that passed away last year. We were a large group that had some little kids in it. We asked to have another server come in to help out as it was taking a little time to give our orders. They willing came and quickly got our orders taken. Our food came out (all correctly) very quickly. All the food was really great. They noticed that we brought our own cake, and without asking brought out plates and forks. We informed them of the sad situation that brought us all together. They gave the grief stricken parents a free meal. I am so impressed with the way they took the time to take care of us and were sensitive to our situation. We will be back there next year. Highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
“Good food and service”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Service was prompt, accurate, and friendly. The room was a bit darker than we liked - it was difficult to read the menus in such low lighting. We split the bbq chicken nachos and a side of broccoli. Food had great flavor - EXTREMELY large portions without the large price. We even bought some of the bottled bbq sauce to take back home with us. It was a great meal!

• Visited August 2012
Manila, Philippines
“Famous Dave's @ MOA: Big servings of good variety.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were a party of four (2 males and 2 females) and got their feast platter which was advertised as good for 2-3. Twas just right for us all to eat our fill. The order had fries, 2 corn muffins, beans, coleslaw, pulled pork (or beef brisket), chicken and ribs. Ribs were not a fall-off-the-bone type, so i recommend eating this with your hands to get all the meat. We added an order of medium spicy boneless buffalo wings, which turned out to be more than 'medium spicy' for me, but was good nonetheless.

They have BBQ sauces called Rich & Sassy, Georgia Mustard, Texas Pit, Sweet & Zesty (my fave), and Devil's Spit. We had fun trying them all out.

Service was good but no restrooms inside the resto; you have to use the nearby one in the mall. Prices for this order with drinks turned out ok, about $17/pax for the four of us (with tip). Not bad with the variety and quantity we had. It was a good place to hang out and relax with an unrushed meal in the mall.

• Visited August 2012