“A good find!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

great food & service! portions were small but tasty! would return again. we ordered veggies samosas, chicken vindaloo (not spicy at all), chicken makhani & naan. reasonably priced.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I had been to Tandoor a few years ago and it was very good. Not this time. The food had little flavor and no spice. The chicken vindaloo was ordered spicy and was barely mild. The vindaloo sauce and the chicken tikka masala tasted the same. Overall, very disappointing.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to the Tandoor many times and would never go anywhere else for my Indian food fix. Every item I have had is wonderful and the price is competitive. I like the friendly atmospher and am always greeted with a smile.
I would reccomend The Tandoor to anyone wanting to try or who loves Indian food, you will never go anywhere else.

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We found this restaurant by sheer serendipity! We were looking for a different restaurant that has closed, looked up, and there was Tandoor! I had the lentil soup and samosas as appetizers. The soup was very good, the samosas were outstanding! The lentil soup is essentially mulligatawney soup. I found it very odd that the waitress had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I asked if they were similar prior to ordering it. Perhaps a bit more training would correct that. I ordered the Shrimp Madras, and it was one of the better dishes I have been served in any Indian restaurant. The blend of flavors was spectacular. I did feel it was just a bit undersized portion-wise, and would have preferred about 20% more. I was really disappointed on the skimpy serving of rice. Another few pennies worth of rice would have been nice! Still, I rate the dish an A for taste. My wife ordered the Saag Paneer, and graded it as a B. It was a slightly different texture than she is accustomed to as the spinach was chopped and not very creamy. It was also a bit over-salted. I did not order any bread, due to my diabetes, but I really wish I had. The Shrimp Madras would have mixed GREAT with some Naan bread. Service, other than the lack of knowledge about the soup, was excellent. All our servers were polite, and very cheerful. Our drinks were kept filled. I did not try any dessert this visit, but I will on a future visit...GUARANTEED! Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

I travel to Minneapolis regularly on business and I always find the time to eat at Tandoor. Great food, very attentive service. Their house curry is great! I have been for the lunch buffet as well, but come early or late because the place is packed. It's a small place hiding in a strip mall, but worth the hunt.