“Don't go for the food”

Cuisines: American, Italian, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great place to take kids. They love the jungle, animals, fun stuff to see and do but the food is expensive and disappointing.

There are newer reviews for Rainforest Cafe

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I love the beauty and the idea of the Rainforest Cafe. I love the fish and the beautiful scenery around you while you eat. However the last three times I have been there, the food was horrible. The reason I have kept going back is because my three kids love the scenery. After this last time, I told them that we would no longer eat there. We can go look, but the food is not worth it. The first time I was there, I had a salad. The lettuce was very soggy and the toppings were sparse. The second time, I had a hamburger and asked for medium. They brought it our charred and super dry. I sent it back and what came out next was at best a thawed meat patty, again cold in the middle but charred on the sides. The fries were also soggy - both times. The third time I went I got a Ruben sandwich....how hard could that be to make, right? It was so salty, that I couldn't eat it. My kids tried it, who love salt - and they told me it was like eating raw salt. Each time we were there, we had at least 6 people with us. No one, including the kids thought the food was good. I also ordered a margarita. That was at best something out of a jar, watered down and the entire glass was sticky. Our waitress also seemed to be stoned or completely new to the waitress world. She couldn't get our order straight, she forgot our order, our requests, and finally just gave up trying to get some more water. The other thing about this restaurant is that they jam all the tables so close, you can't eat without getting hit constantly by other people trying to get in and out of their chairs and by the waiters. This restaurant is supposed to be great for kids, but you can't get a stroller even close to your table, or a car seat for a sleeping infant. It is also so very loud, and not just loud with the animal/rainforest noises, but they throw on a rock and roll track behind all the other noise. It is so very unpleasant. We have been to the Rainforest Cafe in a couple of different locations and have loved both the food and the ambiance. This site will not live up to your hopes. To summarize, long waits, dark lights, loud noise, crowded, expensive, and worst of all, poor food. Go and visit, but find one of the other many places right by this one to eat at. You will be happy you did. I gave it one star because it really is a beautiful place.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We come here everytime we visit our grandkids in Minneapolis. We have never been disappointed with the staff, service or food. Everyone is friendly and the kids have a great time. They even love the alligator in the front.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff here was absolutely fabulous! Our server told us she was knew, but she did a great job! The only downside to this restaurant is the noise-I could barely hear the person sitting next to me and had trouble hearing the waitress at times. The food was kind of pricey, but not surprising considering its location. I was excited that the drink I ordered came with a glass too-so once I finished my drink I got a clean boxed up glass to take home!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stopped in for lunch last week. The food was terrible and overpriced. The service was slow, though friendly. Our bill was around $20.00 a person, and that didn't include anything more than a few sodas. My one year old niece enjoyed the atmosphere. We had some artichoke dip for the table that was actually good. While we'd probably take our niece back, we'd skip entrees and just order a drink or an appetizer. Unless you have little ones that you're bringing just for the fake jungle, skip this place.