“Love the license plates!”

Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.
Ranked #6 of 226 Restaurants in Bloomington
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Visited here after a long day at the waterpark. The food was a bit expensive, but the portions were good sized.

The frizzled onion straws were fantastic! I had the shrimpers heaven with 3 different kids of shrimp. Very good. The children's chicken tenders and cheeseburgers were very good. DH said the shrimp scampi was just ok.

The kids had a ball with the license plates. "Run forest run" if you don't need anything. "Stop forest stop" if you need service. And they worked! Cute idea. Now we need to buy the movie so the girls understand what it's all about

There are newer reviews for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a lot of fun eating here and talking to the waitress. They were very busy but still had great service and great food. Be sure that you know what sign on the table to put up if you need something though. Be sure to get some shrimp at some point of the meal though. I had fish as the main dish and it was great but since you are at Bubba Gump Shrimp, you have to at least get a little shrimp, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We ordered the following:
Bubba's Far Out Dip with shrimp, which was NOT far out! Shrimp was over cooked and had a rubber texture and the spinach was overwhelming.

My husband ordered the "I'M STUFFED!" SHRIMP (large shrimp stuffed with crab, baked in garlic butter, and topped with monterey jack cheese, served with jasmine rice) my husband substituted the rice with mashed potatoes and this dish was GREAT!!! The flavor was awesome and the shrimp were cooked perfect!

I ordered the "...OF COURSE WE HAVE SCAMPI!"
tender shrimp sauteed with capers in lemon-garlic butter, served over a bed of linguini. This was not the best! The pasta was overcooked and sticky and the shrimp was also overcooked and tasted bland. The shrimp was like rubber and hardly edible. The bread tasted like it was soaked in butter all night and was also unbearable.

Drinks:
I ordered a traditional mint Mojito which was bland and hardly had any mint or lime. Alcohol content was okay.. not strong but not weak.

Atmosphere: The waiters were flirting with each and at one point they were holding hands walking around and messing around in the kitchen... We did not see a manager around to keep things in check.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I don't really remember what we ordered, I just remember that I ate it all, which is rare. I was visiting my brother, so the atmosphere was great because we could hear each other without yelling. The waitress was prompt and friendly. I love the signs to let the waitress know how we are doing. My daughter loved finding us on the map and stick a sticker on home (AK). Overall great experience! Oh, it was the crab stuffed shrimp I had! Yum!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our youngest son has major food allergies, but it was not a problem here. Mikayla was the most incredible manager we have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. A majority of places do not take the time to help us out, but she and her staff were always one step ahead of what we needed. It means a lot when we can take the whole family out for dinner and not have to worry!! And to top it off the food was incredible!!!!