“underwhelmed”

Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 223 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-494
Description: Kincaid's Restaurant is a classic American grill that has been artfully serving quality USDA Choice steak and innovative seafood since 1983.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“underwhelmed”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have lived in the twin cities for 3 years and put this place on my list of places to eat. There were 6 in our party. We were seated promptly. The waitress was on top of her game. We had drinks in no time. I had the pea salad. It was pretty tasteless. For main course, I had the prime rib. Was cooked the way I liked it. Again, it was flavorless. The atmosphere was decent. The lounge looked like a fun place. I think for the prices, they could do better. Everyone in the party said their meal was just ok. We skipped desert and went someplace else. All in all, it reminded me of eating in a hotel restaurant. We won't be back anytime soon.

• Visited October 2013
Matton B, General Manager at Kincaid's Fish, Chop & Steak House, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dan S,

I am sorry to hear your experience was not up to your, or our expectations. We take our food and service seriously and I apologize for the poor experience. Please email me at koppegard@r-u-i.com as I would like to talk to you more and see how we can make it right.

Best,

Kim Oppegard - GM

Moorhead, Minnesota
“Pretty nice and solid place but no gastronomy”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a solid chop house with good solid food but nothing creative or cutting edge. It is pretty safe and some of the seafood is pretty good. Some things can be a little overly rich. The pasta dishes overly creamed. The grilled fish is usually good. The pea salad is excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not such a great experience”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had a so-so dinner. As each of us ordered, the waitress asked if we'd like soup or salad - as though it was included in the meal. Maybe shame on us for not knowing it was not, but she asked it in such a way that I believe most people would think the same thing. The side dish of asparagus was way under cooked (and I like it somewhat crunchy). The green beans that came with my steak were way over cooked and the potatoes were watery and fairly tasteless. The steak wasn't up to average steak house standards. I felt uncomfortable complaining, and we were never asked how our meals tasted. None of the 5 of us will return, it just is not worth the money.

• Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Marie!!!!!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Marie , she is awesome. The food is great and the serice fantastic. Try to meet Marie, she is fantastic!!!

Visited September 2013
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
“One of my favorite places for dinner”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was a special occassion for us as it was my birthday. We made reservations for 7:00 Saturday night and arrived promptly at that time and were seated immediately. The restaurant was lit for the dinner mood and wasn't overly crowded or noisy - about 1/2 full from my estimate. Our waiter was there immediately and took our drink orders and handed us menus. He was gone but a few minutes and returned with our drinks. He asked us if we were ready to order, or did we need more time. Since this was a social/party event, we were in no hurry to order. Our waiter (Jerry) was fantastic. He was attentive yet not overly so. We finally decided to order and I had the prime rib & lobster combination. The others ordered steaks and fish. When the food arrived, I was very pleasantly surprised with how the food was displayed. Jerry asked if we desired anything else. We said no, and he left us to eat. Wow, was the food excellent! All in our party were impressed with every aspect of dinner. We also had desert - which is something I really like, but seldom get. Since it was my birthday, I was gifted with a free desert. Another wow.
In summary, everything was excellent. We left totally full and happy. If I have one minor criticism, it would be that the drink prices are a little overboard. But the dinner prices for a Saturday night were, in my opinion, reasonable.

• Visited September 2013