“gorgeous decor and so comfortable”

FireLake Grill House and Cocktail Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

love the décor (simple and elegant) of this restaurant.
inside the Radisson hotel and right by the Mall of Las Americas.
went for late lunch and had a fabulous lunch with great service and hospitality.
never had to wait for refills of water.
the corned beef sandwich was perfect! so flavorful!
Katie, our server, was so professional, friendly and great personality.
lots of space and great lighting.
stopped here for lunch on our way out from the airport before going to downtown.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

First time here, lovely real orchids and modern furnishings greet guests, hostess ok. I took three photos, missed the salads which family said were tasty. One had walleye, one the pasta special. Both said very very good. My choice was the walleye cakes, waiter said was ground up walleye and crumbs, more walleye than stuffing. The two would have been a nice meal since I didn’t want a full meal. I struggled through eating one, gave other away. I didn’t hear a word about the taste. I’m assuming it might be like mine—nothing. It tasted like nothing. Really. No other way to say it. The wine choice was $48 and total bill $142.42 without the tip which we always amply give—not the waiter’s fault a choice is a bad one (how I usually view tipping is what server does or doesn’t do) So there you go. My choice—zilch. Look at serving size. Ok, plenty...but pricey for not much food. I’m glad I wasn’t hungry, but I felt like I’d not eaten! Anybody think cakes are good? I expected crab cake goodness.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 5, 2019

We just wanted a hot breakfast before tackling the Mall of America and this was listed as having breakfast. When we walked in , we should have turned around , it had the glass chandeliers and setting that made you feel like you were going to order eggs at Ruth Chris steakhouse. We were one of only two couples in the whole restaurant, but it was late morning on a weekday, so I get that. I ordered very standard fare of eggs over medium, bacon. hash browns and rye toast. The bacon was listed as pecan smoked but was chewy and flavorless. The toast was very dry but was brought out with "house made apple cinnamon jam" it was okay, but nothing special and honestly not to my liking, I asked for butter after trying it, and while it took a while for them to cut a hunk and place it the frozen hunk of butter on a plate , a napkin and a serving dish on top, the butter was so solid I had to hack a piece off and fold the toast around it (I was pretty hungry). My eggs were right and fine and the hash browns were pretty good. My husband had the skillet with rope sausage, and his only comment was that it was "ok". They did bring "house made ketchup" to the table but of course that was wasted on us and I would rather they work on making better bacon frankly. We waited so long for the waitress to bring the bill that we were done with our breakfast and anxiously trying to get out of there. We played on our phones for a few minutes thinking certainly she will come out, but they are in no hurry there (and again, pretentious, maybe I am not suppose to do anything but have breakfast for two hours) we finally got up and stood next to the exit and she brought it to us at the door, After running the tab, we signed but she never came back to collect it , so we left it in the folder on a table by the door-I don't know what else was going on but there were never more than two customers in the place. All I can think is that I wish I had gone to IHOP at the mall instead, better food and wouldn't have cost me $30 for breakfast....

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Went there for a family dinner. Not the first time, so we were able to gauge a bit of indifference in service. Salad was ok, not too much flavor. Popover bread wasn’t anything special. Cheeseburger and Steak Frites were decent. Cheesecurds were decent as well; better at the State Fair, though. Hosting is always an issue. I think they need one more host for the size of the place.

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

We stopped in for early dinner, wife's food was fairly good she had the walleye . I should say this was in the bar , but the kitchen serves it so....I had the flat iron steak, nasty taste, nasty smell, and the kicker after I sent it back , the chef comes out, tries to tell me because of location of the steak it will have a "livery" smell and taste, are you kidding me? Come out to the table after cooking a bad piece of steak , and throw that explanation out to a customer? How wrong is that in so many ways , from not understanding the whole butchery of the steer to pass off that as the reason . Just bad form. The management never came out, there was no apology period, and no compensation offered at all, not even buy us a drink. The bison burger I had to replace it was just wrong as well. You cant mask poorly done food with cheese and bacon guys. With the $$$$ this place charges for wine and beer, you would think management would be on top of the service and kitchen. Nope . I would NOT return and egotistical chefs just rub me the wrong way. Learn some customer service , here people. You ruined our dinner . Pretty pissed.

1  Thank madbeacher2009