“Great food, poor service”

FireLake Grill House and Cocktail Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2019

We visited the restaurant on Thanksgiving, there was not much of a choice as many restaurants were closed. This place is in the Radisson Blu (connected to the Mall Of America) and we were already staying there. This review would have been 5 stars but the service at the bar ruined it. There were 2 bartenders behind the bar and 12 people at the bar but the service was horrible. The one bartender was more interested in the football game and the other seemed to be be doing majority of the work. Nonetheless the food was excellent, it's a great farm to table concept, and they even take care of their own bees on the roof of the hotel in the warmer months. They have a great selection of local drafts (they did not have enough clean glass ware to make a 4 beer flight for me, so I had to wait while they washed glassware). Go for the food but a grab a table.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

It’s fun to season and grill your steak at the table. I also like the broccoli bites, filet mignonette and creme brûlée.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 3, 2019

As part of the Radisson Blu at Mall of America, you would expect this place to be so busy! And it was, over the four days that I stayed here it was my go-to bar at the end of the day as the service was quick and there was plenty to choose from for even the most discerning of tastes.
On different days I got to appreciate the breakfast, lunch and a business dinner service and can attest that the food was on the higher end of the satisfaction level .... apart from the coffee?! Sorry America, your coffee is not up to the freshly ground and tamped level we enjoy back home in New Zealand, and on that matter, also watch out kiwis because the meals are larger than we are used to! All said and done the dinner service was my favourite in a busy restaurant it was quick and tasty and very enjoyable thanks to everyone.

2  Thank Craig C
Reviewed March 29, 2019

My husband had the Bone-in Ribeye, I had the Gnudi and additional Beet Salad. All were FANTASTIC. Server gave us dessert in celebration of our 25th Anniversary. Best restaurant in Mall of America in my opinion.

1  Thank X1285ZLkims
Reviewed March 24, 2019

The fine dining was an unexpected delight. Normally, hotel dining is not the best but hometown Carlson Radisson exceeded my expectations. Great service with the chef out talking with diners. Fine martini and steak (Flat Iron Steak Frites) and a good martini to start.