“Nice place to unwind”

FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 226 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The dishes at FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar are crafted into menus that satisfy different appetites and tastes, catering to just about every occasion, from every day to special days. Our skills and indeed our culture are deeply rooted in North American food and service, but the influence of the Mediterranean is never far away. Simply great tastes in a great space-all delivered with great service, a big heart and an even bigger smile. Welcome to FireLake.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This is a great spot to unwind at the end of a long day. The ambiance is warm and relaxing. The service was great and very helpful. Good drinks and very good food. The lamb kabob was awesome! The flatbread pizza was pretty good.

There are newer reviews for FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was delighted with the service and food at Fire Lake. As someone who can't have any dairy due to an allergy, I let the server, Steven, know once we were settled in. Steven explained the various dishes on the menu and substitutions that could be made to accommodate my needs. It was a large group of business associates and we started our culinary journey with some of the fresh squeezed lemonade and the wonderful house cheese boards which included local delights. Steven, knowing my allergy added several non-dairy options in small dishes to accompany the cheese boards. I ordered a delicious filet with grilled asparagus sprinkled with sea salt. It was delightful. At our request, Steven brought out an assortment of desserts to share (and was attentive enough to leave the whipped cream off the fresh berries, instead garnishing them with mint). We finished the meal with coffee and again I was pleasantly surprised to find the restaurant stocked almond milk. Without hesitation I ordered a cappuccino and it did not disappoint. Fire Lake is a top pick. If you are in the Mall of America or staying at the Raddison Blu, Fire Lake is a must!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

For an idea of how I rate:
1=Horrible with no return planned ever
2=Not the worst, wouldn't plan a return on our own, but would go if invited
3=Average, take it or leave it, wouldn't care if we went back or not
4=Memorable and worth a return trip, but missing something that puts it over the top
5=Memorable and excited about a return trip to try more, has food we've never had and want more of

My wife had been here for work a few weeks ago and insisted we go back, and I was more than happy to oblige! The first thing you'll notice when you go in is the decor - very unique, with the big wood tables, wood floors, and cozy chairs. Gotta see it to understand what I'm talking about.

The service was great: server was very helpful, checked in often, always had our waters refilled, and was enthusiastic about the menu.

So, the food! We started with the wings (of course). Not anything crazy, but definitely good. And not cooked like your regular hot wings, they were almost more like a KFC mini drums/wings. Hopefully that doesn't make it sound cheap, because it was definitely a good purchase. However, the dirty fries looked amazing and those are going to be on our return trip.

For the main dishes we had the rotisserie chicken and mashed potatoes, and the mushroom gnudi. Ah, the gnudi. Saw that as a recommendation from another review - and it was awesome! That was not like anything I've personally had before, and it was really nice to see something different on a menu. And that was the great part - plenty of familiar foods mixed with plenty of new stuff to try, and at all different prices. You could make this trip as cheap or as spendy as you like. I finished the gnudi (with salmon) clean, and my wife took her chicken home for leftovers (which we finished enjoyably yesterday). The only thing keeping this restaurant from a 5 (so far) is that, even though the dishes were good an different, they weren't AMAZING, know what I mean? It wasn't one of the best meals we've ever had. But it was enough to get us to go back!

Will we go back? For sure! Especially if we're at the mall. Would we recommend to friends? Absolutely! And maybe we'll update the review after our next time there.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our dinner was wonderful. The popovers were amazing and the salads were very good. The lamb fritters were something new for us and were great--would definitely order again. The walleye cakes and salmon were good. Able to pick out a nice bottle of wine from their selection.
The decor was fun and our table by the window allowed for an interesting view. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. We will eat here again when back in the area.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

We got married at this hotel and experienced wonderful customer service during our special day. We have also had breakfast a few times in the restaurant and everything was great. This review is specific to the bar - we have visited a few times to grab a drink or for some appetizers and found the bar staff to be very inattentive, unfriendly and arrogant. Multiple bartenders will pass by you without even acknowledging your presence as you wait to be helped. When they finally come up to you it feels as if your inconveniencing them. On New Years Eve we stopped in and were going to have some drinks but after being ignored for over 10 minutes (and it was not busy) we left and went to Twin Cities Grille. I know the Blu (Carlson) prides itself on exceptional customer service and it's dissappointing that you don't experience that in the bar. The hotel holds a special place in our heart because we were married there and I'm writing this review because it's upsetting that my experiences in the bar, since the wedding, have not been enjoyable.