“A luxurious delight”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Gedera, Israel
“A luxurious delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Modern, beautiful, well kempt, extremely well serviced, superb location - what more could you want? -- Long term parking Right by the Mall, near the airport, great restaurants in the area (try Tucchi Balluch in the mall!).

1 Thank Baruch M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Park City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I found the Radisson Blu an exceptional experience. I stayed as a leisure guest; both service and the facility was above par! The Fire Lake restaurant & lounge was better than any place in the Mall of America for which it is only "steps" away. Jim Kasper, managing hotel guest services was instrumental in creating a memorable experience.
Although a corporate group destination, there is reason enough to stay as a traveling family. I would encourage "anyone" traveling to Minneapolis to try the Radisson Blu above all other options. Ask for the top floor with all the views and pay a bit more for access to the business class lounge with added amenities.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank DBullert
New River, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

As expected, clean, great staff great location nothing bad to say about anything. Located attached to Mall Of America, so if your into shopping your all set. I would hesitate bring your family to the MOA on a Friday or Saturday (late night) as the crowd gets a little rough.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We love contemporary so this place won us over immediately with the decor. The mirrored closet doors helped as we had four people getting ready in the morning. The convenience of being able to take the elevator to the 2nd floor and walk directly into the Mall of America was fantastic. We ate all our meals in the Mall, with the exception of some very overpriced desserts at the hotel bar restaurant, but we taught the kids how to play pool on some very nice pool tables while we were there so it was worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ThornBirds1
West
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

What a great place to stay if you're visiting Mall of America. It's directly connected to the mall. My 3 year old was able to go for a nap half way through the day. We could leave our stuff in the room and get it as needed. We could let her play at the theme park until it closed and we were basically a few steps from her bed. There was a great salt water pool. The rooms are a good size and very clean. My only complaint would be the counter space in the bathroom is very limited. Some type of shelf would have been a huge design improvement. Otherwise, this is the best place I have stayed in Minneapolis and I have stayed at many places there in the past. The location is the most convent for a young family! Highly recommended. Great location.

Opt for the free self parking and park on Level 2. The hotel entry on that level is an elevator that takes you right to the hotel elevators. Very convenient for loading and unloading the car.

Room Tip: Hallway is a little long. If you don't want to walk too far to your room, get a room close to th...
1 Thank guitar167
Clarkston, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Beware, there is horrific construction noise from a spa being built in this hotel. The following is not an exaggeration: on July 3, a constant, very loud jackhammer noise made it impossible to hear anything else in my room from 10 am until 3:30 pm.

This was highly unpleasant and caused a security problem: three times, hotel staff entered my room without permission, because I literally could not hear them knocking. Oh, and then there's this - the door that adjoins the room next door was left UNLOCKED, which I did not discover until the day after I arrived, when someone entered the room next door. The change in air pressure caused the adjoining door within my room to suddenly pop open. From now on, I am always going to check hotel room adjoining doors - but I think it's reasonable to expect that the maids should routinely lock them when a guest checks out. Scary.

Which brings me to this....I am traveling with my adult son who is autistic and we have separate rooms. Because of his disability, I requested adjoining rooms when making the reservation, and asked for them again at check in. Nope, no adjoining rooms available. In the entire hotel. When I made the reservation, I asked for one king room and one with two queens, but we really didn't care what we got so long as there was an adjoining door between them. Anyhow, this didn't happen and they instead put him in a room across the hall. But you see, this was why I could not double lock the doors - He needed to have access to my room. Which is why three different staff members were able to enter my room unexpectedly and without permission when the jackhammer/drilling went on for over five hours on July 3 and I couldn't hear them knocking. If we'd had adjoining rooms then the unlocked adjoining door would have been annoying, yes, but not scary like it was.

By the way, if a hotel manager reads this, I am not angling for a freebie or an apology. I did get a $50 room credit after I complained about the terrible noise, about four hours after it started. I also got a very good rate for our two rooms in the first place. But still, July 3 frankly was a pretty bad day.

Now, for the hotel itself, which is where I can start giving some real compliments. This hotel is wonderfully convenient to the Mall of America. During winter, this would be a great place to stay because it is directly attached to the mall. I know I complained about security and my concerns are real, but I have to point out that the elevator key-card system helps to keep non-guests out of the hotel, which I liked. Room service is fast and not too expensive - I ordered a burger and fries one night and both were absolutely delicious. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows are wonderful. Check-in was quick and easy. For the most part, staff have been friendly and professional, and the ones who entered my room uninvited were sincerely apologetic (actually, I felt bad for them - it was the noise that caused the problem and I have a feeling that this happens to other guests too.)

To sum up: ONCE THE CONSTRUCTION IS OVER, this will be a very good hotel to stay at when visiting the Mall of America. But for now? Beware. Ask questions about the construction noise before you commit to staying here. If you've uncertain, stay elsewhere until after the construction is done. You'll save yourself a lot of stress.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor to reduce construction noise. We stayed on sixth floor and the racket was terr...
4 Thank Carol W
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your recent stay with us. Our staff work very hard to accommodate all of our guest's requests. However, we unfortunately are unable to guarantee connecting rooms will be available as the occupancy increases.

We certainly understand the importance of a quiet environment and apologize for the disturbance from the spa construction. Hopefully during your next visit you will be able to relax in the spa! We want to thank you for your business and look forward to the next time you're in the area so we may exceed your expectations!
Carmichael, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a beautiful facility which has been open for about a year. It is clear they are working the bugs out. The service, once we got out of the lobby, was exceptional. However, the front lobby was built for elegance and doesn't serve well when hoardes of people are checking in. The rooms are beautiful but don't seem to be designed for families. We did love that the mall was a short walk away.

Room Tip: Get up away from the lower floors......
1 Thank tiggerbear51