“Nice, convenient and good service”

Radisson Blu Mall of America
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a trip to the Mall of America. Its a nice, newer hotel and the service is real good. The only complaint is that the gate in the parking garage was a pain. Both times exiting we had to get some to open it for us. The prices are a little high for what you get but I'd assume that's for being attached to the Mall.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cmwinter
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Mall of America

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Very comfortable, clean and modern hotel. If you are just going to shop and/or play at the Mall of America, you will not need a car. It's a brief shuttle ride from the airport and the hotel is attached to the Mall. Great place to take the kids/teens or your girlfriends for a weekend of fun in the winter.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The new Radisson Blu is stylish and European. Very good, well trained staff. Big, well decorated rooms that remind of very modern European hotels. Good food and food service - and good value. A solid four star hotel experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed here for a spring break staycation. This hotel is new, modern, clean and wonderful. We were allowed early check in which was fabulous. Our room was large, modern, and ultra clean. The bathroom was modern with a fabulous separate tub. The pool area was very resort like. The business lounge served great drinks, appetizers and continental breakfast. And the hotel has wonderful access to the mall. Perfect!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Combined business (husband) with pleasure (mom and daughter) and found the Radisson Blu ideally met our needs. We stayed there for Blu's first birthday, which not only meant we enjoyed a great discount but the complimentary bottle of bubbly was a nice touch. The double queen was spacious and meticulously cleaned. Staff, friendly and welcoming.

As the only hotel directly attached to Mall of America in one of America's coldest cities, the location could not have been better. Hotel fitness centers are the deal breaker for me, and this location was one of the largest, most well equipped centers I have seen as a frequent traveller. We did not dine in the hotel as there are so many places in the area; however, my husband needs a quick bite in the morn and at 6 am the hotel prospects were null (although they added a stand for coffee, yogurt and granola bars during our stay. I was content because it gave me reason to go to the Starbucks right there in the mall but a true breakfast eater may have an issue.

Room Tip: Definitely stay! Wonderful place!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you want to stay in style during your visit to the Mall of America, this is your BEST choice! The hotel is absolutely stunning with its beautiful, modern and eclectic decor. Service is amazing, we were hardly in the check-in line for 20 seconds when we were greeted by staff. Check-in was fast. The rooms are beautiful and beds/pillows extremely comfortable. (And I am picky about that.) Several iphone chargers can be found in the room=awesome. There is a Nespresso coffee maker which is fairly easy to use. Or, you can swing down to the entrance of MOA which just a very short few steps away, to get a really good coffee. There are robes and slippers as well. With our room, we got a pass to the happy hour, where you can go mingle and have a few drinks, self-serve in the evening. There is a free breakfast in the morning too. The breakfast wasn't the greatest - the only hot items were oatmeal and scrambled eggs. Meh. There were also pastries and fresh fruit. A neat thing about the restaurant is the reclaimed wood that was taken from Minnesota barns. I liked it so much that I asked about its origin. All of the wonderful things I've mentioned would be enough reason to stay at the Radisson Blu, but compound it by the fact that you are directly connected (via short indoor walkway) to the MOA, and you simply will not want to stay any place else. You can bring your bags up to the room as you shop, and easily get back into the mall. I highly recommend the Radisson Blu, and I doubt I'd stay anywhere else. It's not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetotravelsteph
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed at the Radisson Blu Mall of America a few times now and loved it. It's so modern, clean and accessible. Coming from Canada, we would often sing the praises of this hotel and recommend it to everyone looking to stay in Bloomington. But this all ended a few weeks ago. We stayed there over our spring break for 3 nights, and booked 2 rooms as we brought family members with us. Upon our arrival home, I was checking my online bank statements and noticed that I was billed for the 2 rooms, which was correct but then I noticed an additional charge of $200. I called the hotel and spoke to someone in reservations who tried to figure out why the extra charge was applied to my credit card - to no avail. He put me through to someone in the accounting department. I left him a message, with no response. I called again, left a message and no response. I called a third time and again - no response. I simply cannot stay at a hotel that puts random charges on credit cards and does not have the decency to call you back and discuss this issue. Sorry Radisson Blu but you just lost a great client and I assume future business as I have shared this story with a number of people who travel that way.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank KOLI71
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention as we understand the inconvenience an unexpected charge can cause. We would like to gain more feedback about this concern and invite you to reach out to our Controller for further assistance. Please call 952-881-5258 and ask to speak to TJ Wallace who will be able to further assist you.

On behalf of our staff, we look forward to another chance to exceed your expectations.