“Nice n new”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winnipeg, MB
“Nice n new”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed this new hotel. Beds are great and rooms have great amenities. One complaint is the noise from the doors to the rooms. They close with a bang and you can here all the neighbours doors close which is startling. So conveniently attached to the mall, has a nice lounge and wish we tried the grill restaurant cause the food looked good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travlincats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
thunder bay ontario
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights on the Columbus Day weekend. We were pleasantly suprised with an upgraded room and were thrilled with it. It was a "naturally cool" room and the lack of carpets etc made it feel very clean. I am sure the newness of the hotel contributed to this as well.The Nespresso machine in room was great - we bought one immediately upon our return home! toiletries were nice, decor was impressive. Service from the start to the finish of our stay was excellent. The proximity to the Mall of America made shopping easy and allowed breaks in the day to regroup. Room service was pleasant and not too slow. I would have liked a microwave in the room. The concierge was not as helpful as he might have been when we were asking for information about an event. Modern decor in lobby and common areas was a hit with all of us. We plan to come for a longer vacation soon.

Room Tip: the 12th and 13th floors are room pass locked and very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank elsier33
Cottage Grove, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I brought our daughter and two friends to the Radisson Blu hotel for a shopping getaway to celebrate the big sweet 16. The girls had SO much fun! The hotel was perfect - we sprang for the business level option and it was so wonderful. The lounge was great for the girls to grab a soda or a coffee, and it was so nice to have breakfast included. The room was fantastic, also. There was even a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne it the refrigerator for the girls. My daughter will never forget this weekend!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mj6196
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall our trip to the Blu was enjoyable. With our Gold status we got an upgrade that included the business lounge. The lounge offered a Continental breakfast in the morning, and a reception from 5-7:30 in the evening. The reception included snacks, wine, four types of beer, and soda (diet coke, coke, sprite).

The only negative of our stay was the housekeeping entering our room at 8 am on the last night of our stay with little to no warning. This woke up the baby which ended up getting us all out of bed an hour before planned. Other then that, the stay was great.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank daw4888
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Sure its nice and new but if im paying this much for my hotel I should be able to park on site.

Arrived back at the hotel on Saturday night at 8:45 and was told that parking was full and to return at 11 p.m. And we would get a spot. After a long day I just wanted to come back to our room and relax.

We came back at 11pm and the lot was still closed.Forced to park at The Mall and risk getting towed.Even the valet guy told me that it happens every weekend. A 500 room hotel with 300 spots and they cant reserve them for registered guests. Not good.

What made it even worse was we took a quick look and there were 3 open spots within the first 10.

Spoke to the front desk and all that we were given was attitude.

Beautiful hotel. Great Rooms. Great Location. Terrible service.
Never Again!!!!

Front desk gave us nithing

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank dodgeman8883
Minnesota
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night for our anniversary in August. Because the hotel was new, I was really interested in experiencing it. First of all, it was difficult to make a reservation. The hotel website is very difficult to navigate. I've reserved many hotel rooms and theirs is like no other I've ever experienced (and I don't mean that in a good way!). When I book a hotel room, I want to select a room based upon a photo and a description. I also want to choose what kind of bed (king or queen). It was impossible to do that. I finally had to call and talk to someone in order to figure it out. When we arrived at the hotel, directional signs were poor. I've been to the MOA many times so am familiar with the area. When we drove up, it was difficult to determine where to park the car to check in. There were no signs. I had to get out and go inside to ask. The lobby is not your typical lobby. The reception desk is just a stand- alone, smaller desk. I had to ask if it was the check-in desk because it wasn't immediately apparent. I will say that the check in process was very efficient and the staff was very pleasant. We checked into our room and then went for cocktails in the FireLake Grill House & Cocktail Bar. We had a very relaxing time visiting with the bar staff. Our room was beautiful. Very nice, modern, clean and bed was extremely comfortable. The room was quiet at night. Great view. All the amenities you'd expect. My only complaint about the room was the bathroom. I really question the designer. 1) You couldn't turn on the shower and adjust the water temp without standing right under the shower. The only place to set shampoo, etc was on a bench that again, you couldn't get to without standing under the shower. 2) The sink was a huge square vessel which left little room for toiletries. 3) There was only one plug-in at the sink and it was so close to the back splash that I could only plug one thing in at one time (wasn't able to plug both a hair dryer and a curling iron in at the same time). Very odd. Are those big issues? Of course not, but for a brand new Radisson hotel, I would have thought better planning would have gone into it. Would I stay again? Yes. The location is great. We would give it another try.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to call and speak to someone if you can't figure out how to select the room o...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jah77
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We arrived and was booked for a standard room. We wanted to upgrade to business class but was having issues with the third party company we originally booked through. Amber at the front desk was able to take over and she went above and beyond to make sure we were 100% satisfied. The customer service is outstanding even at the restaurant. The server was great and attentive. The lobby is very modern and chic and the guest rooms are gorgeous and clean. The beds are very comfy. As someone who has stayed at many high end chain hotels, this hotel IS worth the $200/night. I strongly recommend this hotel and we will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple