“Modern hotel, great customer service”

Radisson Blu Mall of America
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Upon check in, I received an upgrade to a high floor. The view from the room was gorgeous! Radisson is close to the airport, you could see planes taking off and landing during the day, and the Minneapolis skyline was in the distance. The staff was extremely friendly and personable, everyone that I came into contact with was helpful. The hotel is connected to the Mall of America, which made it easy to get meals, instead of ordering at the pricey restaurant in the hotel. I would highly recommend staying here, the location and service is exceptional.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bb0818

Reviewed September 26, 2013

I love the Mall of America so my husband and I decided to spend a night at the new Radisson Blu that is attached to the hotel. Our check-in was very efficient and we received a slight upgrade to a room on one of the upper floors. As we were walking through the lobby on the second floor, I was wondering how to get to the Mall. There before me was a beautiful, light-filled walkway to the Mall. It couldn't be more convenient. Our room was very modern and chic and there were very nice toiletries provided in the bathroom. One thing that I did not like was the fact that the hotel information that is usually in a book or folder was only accessible through the TV. While I appreciate being "green", it was very inconvenient to interrupt my husband's TV watching if I wanted to find out information about breakfast, checkout, etc. There was also no full length mirror in the room. These two factors, plus the fact that there is no complimentary breakfast are the reasons that I considered only giving this hotel a very good rating. Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable weekend and I would stay here again. You can't beat the location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sari80
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a business weekend and was very happy with the room accomodations. The room was gorgeous and had a nice view of Minneapolis. The fact that the hotel was connected to the Mall of America was just amazing. Everything was within walking distance and never really had to go outside. You can literally find something for anyone in the mall. The hotel restaurant was very good with their food and drinks. My only complaint was that the Wireless Internet was really poor. Several of my business companions and I had problems with the wireless not only on lap tops but our devices as well. It would connect and than disconnect and continue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Hordan
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It's rare that any of us find a reason to stay at a hotel in our own home town. I only live about 10 minutes from this hotel, so i haven't had the joy of staying here until now. Last weekend we had a little "staycation" in our own backyard and loved every minute of it. When you first walk in the front desk staff is is friendly and helpful as the hotel is cool.
The room was really nice and I love the wood floors instead of carpet (you have a choice)
The hotel is literally attached to the Mall of America which makes going to the mall a totally different experience, without the hassle of parking, plus if you buy stuff you can drop it off in your room, stop at the great hotel bar for a refreshment and then back for more shopping. We only stayed one night, the room was great the bed was comfy and breakfast at the restaurant was amazing. Treat yourself to the banana foster french toast, it was so good, I wanna go back for more

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SLMPLS
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Attended a wedding at the Radisson Blu. Walking into the hotel you a treated to a futuristic, ice-white wall, a long fireplace and white "Hershey kiss" hanging chairs. The hotel is connected to the Mall of America. The service at the wedding was exceptional, food excellent and the wait staff and bartenders were fabulous.
The rooms are modern, not particularly large but no space is wasted. Lighting in the rooms we'll thought out and interesting amenities.
Of all the accommodations in the area around the Mall of America this property is by far the most outstanding!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KPatt
Reviewed September 23, 2013

It's a really cool hotel. I did feel like I was sleeping in an IKEA, but I mean that in the best sense!

The location can't be beat. You have direct access to the 2nd floor of the MOA. It's literally RIGHT THERE when you walk off of the elevator. The mall is your oyster!!!

I wish the rooms had drawers. I was there for an extended stay, so the ultra-modern uber-chic pull-out shelving was very hip but not particularly practical for a week's worth of clothes. I had to keep my underthings in my suitcase.

The rooms do not have bathtubs and the showers do not have doors. It's fun to have a walk-in shower but I'm from Florida and I was COLD during my showers regardless of how hot the water was. I had the bathroom door closed but I was still cold. Thank goodness it wasn't January!

I also wish they had a mini-market at the hotel for small purchases like medicines, a snack, etc. You do have access to the MOA for any snack you can dream of, but as I discovered there is no pharmacy!

I was pleasantly surprised by the room service. The meals were very good and (I felt) very reasonably priced compared to other room service meals I've had in similar hotels. The culinary staff were extremely accommodating to my food allergy, for which I am truly grateful.

If my review sounds more critical than my rating, it's because the good things were more than just "good"... they were EXCEPTIONAL. I would definitely include the hotel staff (front desk, concierge, bellmen, and housekeeping) in my praise as they went out of their way to make my stay comfortable.

Speaking of comfortable. The bed rocks!!!!!! All in all, I loved the hotel and will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sbuete
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here recently for my 25 year high school reunion. We had the reunion at the hotel and everything was beyond our expectations. All the staff we interacted with; front desk, restaurant, bar, banquets, room service, concierge; were professional and outgoing. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable (the beds are made for sleeping in, SO comfy!!), and I loved the "rain" showerhead. So refreshing after having a little too much fun the night before.

Another nice "extra" was the fact that it's connected to the Mall of America with a skyway so if you're staying here in the winter you don't even have to go outside to get to the mall.

I was also impressed with the prices. For the level of luxury the hotel provides, I would have expected to pay a lot more; for the room and in the restaurant.

While I was staying with friends for this stay, I've already told my husband we need to book a weekend stay for the two of us. We just need to find someone to take the kids. ;-)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends