“Great location”

Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great location”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Great location for shopping. Hotel nice overall, bar and restaurant very good but beds are extremely uncomfortable. We had 4 girls and 3 of us thought the bed was so hard we couldn't sleep. I lost sleep every night because of this and wouldn't return due to this issue. I agree with other reviewer who said bathroom looks very cool but not very user friendly. That said, the location might make it best choice for shopaholics despite the downsides. One positive security very tight to the hotel floors which makes it very safe.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank travelermillions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
ENGLAND
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This hotel is phenomenal ,absolutely amazing . I can use every superlative . When I arrived in the taxi , my jaws dropped ! I exclaimed WOW! and the taxi driver laughed and proudly said , yup !

This place will blow you away. Stunning physical product, excellent food, attentive five star service . Not to mention that you walk from the hotel into the superb mall of America.

Every thing at the Radisson blu is fantastic, EVERYTHING ! I will be back , WOW!

Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Gerry L
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed September 19, 2013

First off I would like to point out the fact that I myself, am an employee of the Carlson hotel chain. I have never witnessed such poor customer service. I had booked this room via Club Carlson points in March of 2013, for my girlfriends birthday, the date of arrival was August 3rd for one night. After a great day of shopping at MOA we arrived at the hotel. We were dressed in comfortable street clothes (easy to take on and off to try on clothes at the mall) that was probably the first mistake that we made. We were judged instantly as we arrived, their motto must be "No Prada, No Gucci, No Entry" because we were treated like scum. The second mistake was trying to check in at this hotel and being under 21, I understand that there are policies for checking in to a hotel as early stated I work at one myself, but being under 21 does not mean I am any less of a person, like the way I was treated. The only reason why I have an issue with this is because no where was it stated that you must be 21 to check in to this room, otherwise I would not have wasted my time making ther reservation. Being a Carlson employee, which I even told the front desk staff that I was only got the respone "Go try the Country Inn across the street." The whole town was 100% due to Larry the Cable guy being in town for a show. At the end of the night (11:00) we were without a place to sleep, and ended up driving all the way home from the cities. I nor my family, will ever give Radisson Blu our business ever again. They missed out on a lot of money from our stay, we had reservations at the Firelake gril that evening, and our dress clothes were in our suit cases. Thank you for ruining my girlfriends birthday weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank CISisBest
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our "Yes I Can" service and apologize if you feel you did not receive this level of service. Unfortunately it a policy at our hotel that you must be 21 years or older to reserve a room at the Radisson Blu.

As a Carlson employee, we would have liked the opportunity to have discussed this matter with you personally in early August when these concerns arose.

We would appreciate if you could contact our Director of Operations at 952-881-5258 so we may discuss your feedback further.

Iowa
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for one night courtesy of Delta Airlines due to a missed flight. It is a beautiful, ultra modern hotel. It is close to the airport (still a $20 cab ride but they also have shuttle service) and is connected to the Mall of America. Everything was comfortable - beds, towels, cleanliness,etc. And all of the staff was helpful, friendly and professional.

I prefer to stay downtown when I'm in Minneapolis but if you needed a one night stay close to the airport or if you are going for a Mall of America trip - this place should be high on your list.

2 Thank freetr
wisconsin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed 2 nights during a weekend trip with family. Used valet parking, which I wouldn't do again. The lot is close and convenient so I didn't feel it was necessary. The front desk staff was very nice and check-in was a breeze. We were not told that the room key was necessary to operate the elevator and that took some time to figure out, but it's a great concept since the hotel is open to the Mall of America.

I love the decor. It's modern and fun and most importantly, comfortable! The big problem is that there are a lot of big sacrifices for this modern decor. The bathroom is great looking. The recessed sink is as big as the counter. Looks cool, but where do I put my toiletry bag? There's not a single shelf in the bathroom. There's literally no place to put your bag. I had to put it in the big sink and take it out and put on the floor when I used the sink.

The shower - really cool looking. Open concept with shower head coming out of the ceiling. Problem is, no door on the shower and open concept leaves a messy floor and since there are no shelves to put anything, your clothes just got all wet! And as cool as the open concept looks, it makes for a bit of a chilly shower since you can't stand and let the water run on your back unless you hunch over since it's on the ceiling.

The beds were amazing. Rarely do I get the pleasure of staying in a hotel where I got as good of a nights sleep as I would have at home. The convenience of being attached to the Mall of America was worth the extra money, even though it did hurt the pocketbook more since you could come and unload as many times as you wanted.

I thought it would be the perfect place for a girls trip, however when we do girls trips, we love to sit in the hot tub and this hotel does not have one. That would likely be a deal breaker for us. Also, it's so much easier to have a vanity area outside the bathroom for girls trips, and given this hotel's lack of bathroom space AND no vanity, I don't think we would consider it. I would return more likely for a romantic trip though for sure. Or a family shopping trip.

1 Thank westonsmom
ND
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel was a perfect choice for us. We were in town for a long vacation weekend. After spending on day shopping at MOA and other locations and the next day at the Renissance Festival we were able to get back to the hotel and park the car for the night. With all the bar and restaurant options in the Mall we found plenty to do and could enjoy a a few drinks without being limited to only the hotel lounge.
Beds were comfy and there were plenty of outlets. if I had one criticism it would be that I personally like a larger bathroom counter. I couldn't just unpack all my toiletries because there wasn't space. I had to use them and put that away instead.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WDWlover
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect if you're a shopper. The rooms were comfortable and the bar/lounge area had nice appetizers.
The hotel is great for singles and families with older children. Our youngest loves to swim and the pool was a disappointment. We also did not see a hot tub. Overall, it was adequate. For the cost, we expected more.
The walls between rooms did block out noise, but the door was not solid and we could hear TOO MUCH noise from the hallway. That was disappointing - we were awakened during the night by noise.

2 Thank E S