“Fabulous Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boulder, Colorado
“Fabulous Hotel!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My son and I stayed here before we moved him into the dorms at the U. We had a fantastic experience. From check-in to check-out, everything was perfect. The hotel has a very upscale Vegas vibe (think Aria). The hotel is connected by skywalk to the Mall and it is a haven from the hectic Mall experience. Our room was very well deocrated and large. The bathroom was so nice and included a waterfall showerhead that actually had pressure! A wonder! We had dinner at Firelake and the food was outstanding. Our waiter, Jason, was a delight! We also spent time in the adjacent cocktail bar and played a few rounds of pool (they have two pool tables for use free of charge). Our bartender, Brooke, was so sweet and took the time to give my son a lot of tips on attending college. Most refreshing! Even the valet was friendly and helpful. I can be a tough critic and I was blown away by the Radisson Blu. If you are looking for a hotel near the airport or MOA, definitely book this one! Actually, scratch that. It's a short drive to downtown/campus too, so consider this hotel for any trip to Minneapolis!

1 Thank MSM93

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
wi
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We booked this hotel on Hotwire and boy was I impressed. First time using Hotwire and didn't know what to expect. My daughter and I were flying out of Minneapolis the next morning and wanted something close to the airport. When booking, I didn't see an option for a handicap accessible room for my daughter who uses a wheelchair and thought we could ask at the hotel. When checking in, I didn't ask because usually a regular room works for her. We got to the room, and it WAS accessible. I didn't even have to ask. I thought that was awesome! Had room service, went to the mall for a little bit and relaxed after having a crazy wedding weekend! Loved it.

1 Thank yellowlilly
West Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2013

A new European Boutique styled hotel opened in 2013; service is 1st class overall; FireLake Cocktail Bar and Restaurant is great; Omar and his passionate team of professionals provide service excellence at the bar! The fitness room is without comparison; dumbbells, weight machines and plenty of aerobic options in a clean, cool and comfortable atmosphere on Level 3

John Finocchio
West Chicago, Illinois

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Mall of America for one night this past month and were not overly impressed. To us, the design of this hotel is an example of emphasizing uber-trendiness to the detriment of basic amenities and design features.

Our beefs are as follows:
- We arrived late at night from MSP and hadn't eaten in a long time; however, the mall was already closed and there is not a single vending machine and/or place to purchase basic drinks or snacks in the entire hotel, which made for a very long & distraught night for some hungry kids in our family. When I asked a hotel employee, the best she could offer was over-priced room service or a 24-hour Walmart a short drive away...not really an option to a family without a car. Totally ridiculous!
- The elevator to the rooms is up one floor from the reception area...so you have to take the elevator (or escalator) to get to the elevators. Huh?
- The room was sleek in design but cheaper than it looked. The door handle to the closet came off in our hands as the screws holding it on appeared to be stripped. The shower looked cool with the rainfall shower head coming straight down out of the ceiling but I've had better (and adjustable) showers in hotels a lot cheaper than this one. The room itself, while functional, wasn't overly large; it was tight for a family of four.

Yes, the hotel is new & clean. In addition, you can't get any closer to the Mall of America; if this location is important to you, then the Radisson Blu could still be a good fit. However, we won't be back. There are better (and cheaper) places in the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future.
North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We are usually looking for hotels under $120 per night max - but booked the Radisson Blu with a Booking.com deal. What a wonderful luxury! Great restaurant, pool, enclosed,direct access to Mall of America, convenient parking, fabulous beds and linens. All the staff were helpful, everything was clean. I suspect We cannot afford regular prices as fixed income retirees, but it was a very nice treat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ccmgrad
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had a reservation at the Embassy Suite in St Paul. When I got to the hotel after flying in from the west coast I was told they were overbooked and that they didn't have a room for me. I assumed my Honors Gold status ment something. I guessed wrong. They walked me to a hotel I was afraid to even park in front of. I figured I would head back towards the Mall of the Americas and see what was available near there. I had stayed at a Radisson Blu in Copenhagen many times so I figured I would try the one attached to the Mall. Amber at the front desk greeted me and let me know they had a room available. After I told her what happened she put me in a beautiful suite in the 6th floor. It was a perfect room. Plenty of space, very clean, it reminded me of the Radisson Blu I stayed at across from Tivoli in Copenhagen. I came back from dinner and was greated by someone from the restaurant who delivered me a cheese plate compliments of Amber and the restaurant. Did I say she also put me in a executive room that granted me access to the Lounge on the top floor?
I can't say enough about the Radisson Blu and Amber. I will stay here on all future visits to the Twin Cities. I can't wait for them to expand their Brand across the US.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ccreese
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The motel is obviously new, only open a few months, and there are still a few rough edges to work on, but I was very pleased with our visit. My wife and I elected to stay at this motel because it was the only one directly attached to the mall and we both enjoy going out for awhile, then being able to rest when we choose. This motel delivers that and more.

We had a minor mixup with our room reservation (I apparently selected the wrong "package"), but it was immediately remedied by Erin, the front desk attendant, to my complete satisfaction. We also mentioned that we were in St. Paul, in part, for a belated anniversary trip and the concierge staff led by Andrea put together something special to make the stay memorable. We were also impressed by the service offered by Joseph in the bar to ensure our happiness despite the larger groups that drifted in and out while we were there. In short, the staff is outstanding.

In terms of decor, it is definitely modern and unique. I enjoyed exploring some of the features of the building and was genuinely amazed by the details. Being directly connected to the mall, I had a small concern about security and after hours shenanigans, but even during the day, there was always at least one employee politely greeting guests and weeding out the non-guests. I never heard noise in the hallway that I wouldn't expect. I always felt secure.

The only areas I would hope for improvement on are maturation of the staff which comes with a few more months of operation, softening the room door closing (it can be loud), and the carpet selection in the hallway floors was almost seizure inducing - but I know what they were shooting for. It just wan't my style.

Room Tip: I think there are only a few types of room, and I was pleased with the cleanliness and amenities. P...