“great location for a visit to the twin cities”

Radisson Blu Mall of America
Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 1, 2013

my wife and I spent 4 nights here last month and the location of this new property was the deciding factor for us.It's a short shuttle ride from the airport and the Hiawatha light rail system terminus is a 5-6 minute walk away from the hotel via the connecting bridge to the Mall.This excellent service takes you to downtown Minneapolis in about half an hour.The hotel only opened in March so it still smells brand new.Check in was friendly and efficient.The standard room we had was comfortable and well equipped and we had no problems with noise meaning we had a good nights sleep.The only minor gripe was from my wife and this concerned a lack of a decent shelf in the bathroom for all her bathroom stuff.We eat in the bar on our first night and the food was good,as were the local Minnesota beers.We didn't bother with the restaurant as we were up in Minneapolis for most of the time.If you are planning a shopping trip to MOA this is definitely the best hotel to choose as you don't even have to go outside.If we ever return to the twin cities area we'll certainly consider staying here

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank bazfromyorkshire
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to the Twin Cities. We are delighted to see your comments about both the hotel as well as FireLake.

We are blessed to have such a convenient location being connected to the largest mall in America and having the convenience of the light rail and even more so, having guests like you to share it all with.

On behalf of the entire staff at the new Radisson Blu, we thank you for your business and look forward to the next time your travels bring you back to the area!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Mall of America

Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the moment you walk into this hotel you feel like you are in a very cool place. I stayed there for a work trip yesterday and the decor is very intriguing. The hotel is very clean, everywhere you look it's impeccable. The staff is on point with helping with anything you need. There are ramdon men in the hallways just to greet you and ask you if you might need anything. It's connected to the mall which is a huge plus when the weather is not so great.

Oh and they have a free shuttle to and from the airport.

Loved the room and the decor, I even tweeted a picture of my head board.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevators as the hallways are a trip if you have issues walking long distanc...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Jessloren

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your business trip! Our staff take pride in their work and we're happy to hear it shows.

Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next trip!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My daughter and I get together every year to celebrate our birthdays which are the 18th and 19th of April. This year we chose to take a weekend and go to The Mall of America. The mall is only an hour and a half away from Cyndi’s.
My daughters husband Darrin offered to drive us and spend the weekend also. By the time we drove to Minneapolis we ended up trying to get through rush hour.
When we arrived at the mall, Darrin tried to park in the overhead parking. We found out that parking wasn’t an option because he was pulling a trailer made especially for Cyndi’s electric wheelchair.
It was suggested we park in one of the outdoor lots. We drove around for at least an hour without finding a spot. Frustrated and tired were kept looking for a spot.
While continuing our search we came around a corner and saw some security guards and waved to them for help. We noticed they were in front by The Radisson Blu Hotel.
The security manager of the Radisson, Rashad, came over to the car and offered his help. With the aide of other employees, he guided us into the entrance of the overhead parking. Then with their help, they got the wheelchair out and detached the trailer and parked it next to the car. We were escorted into The Radisson Blu where we were able to use the Hotel elevator and take the skywalk across to the Mall of America.
Upon returning from the mall, Rashad was still working. So we had the opportunity to talk with him and fellow employees. We were invited to come back to stay at the Radisson Blu at our convenience.
Later in June we called Rashad and told him we would be visiting again and would like reservations at the Radisson Blu.
I received a confirmation email with our room reserved for Friday June14th through Sunday June 16th, at no charge. I thought for sure this was a mistake. I called Rashad and he reassured me it was right.
When we arrived at the entrance of the Radisson Blu we were greeted by Rashad and Brian. Of course they were extremely busy on this Friday evening directing cars and welcoming visitors. He had us pull over to a safe area until they had a break to assist us.
Only fifteen minutes went by when Rashad and other employees came to help. There had to be at least six people sincerely greeting us with smiles and assistance. Rashad introduced us to Brian and mentioned Brian was one of the many employees that donated money for us to stay there. Once again they proceeded to do all the work detaching the trailer and, getting the wheelchair ready for Cyndi. They unloaded our suitcases along with everything else we brought.
The valet and others loaded our luggage and took it to our room.
Checking in was just a matter of minutes, everything was ready.
Just as we were going to the elevator, Darrin was handed some money.
Rashad said, “We didn’t want you to pay for anything.” All donated by employees. We were overwhelmed with their generosity.
Rashad told us he had gone to talk to Harry Gorstayn who is the General manager of the Radisson Blu and he agreed that they go ahead with their idea.
We arrived to our room and it was perfect. Our room was very clean and welcoming. The awesome down quilts and contemporary style and colors, giving the room such an inviting feeling.
That evening Rashad was suggested we go eat at Tony Roma’s in the Mall.
After freshening up from the trip, we went directly to the restaurant.
It wasn’t more than ten minutes and Rashad came by
The restaurant to make sure everything was going well.
The food was excellent and the service good.
Our meal was also taken care of by the employees of Radisson Blu. There was one surprise after another.
Saturday morning we got up and spent the day bumming around.
Arriving back to the hotel around 6:00pm we went to our room for a break and get ready for our evening plans.
Darrin noticed a note on the bed and three tickets to the Sea Life in the Mall.
Since we had evening plans to see a movie we will have to come back for that adventure.
We went back to the room after the movie, which was pretty late. There on the table were three bottles of water and a full dish of various cookies.
Sunday morning we packed up our luggage early so we would have an couple of hours to spend at the Mall
When we arrived to parking lot we were greeted by security crew and other employees. Everyone assisted to get our belongings into the car and trailer for us.
The weekend was not about what we did. It was the generosity and kindness that made the memories.
We would like to thank Harry Gorstayn, Rashad, Brian, Kyle, Cole, Tanner, Greg Bradely, Joseph, Marciano, Ryan, Colton, Douglas and those whose names we may have missed.
We couldn't recommend a better place to stay in Bloomington, Minnesota then The Radisson Blu Mall Of America.
Darrin, Cyndi and Jan

4  Thank 814Hummingbird4
Reviewed June 24, 2013

After our initial hotel lost power, we scrambled to find some where that did. Radisson Blu had power and rooms available, being new, I thought why not. WOW, I was totally amazing. We got there about 10:45pm at night and the bell man was so helpful, took out all our luggage loaded it up, had it waiting for us until we checked in and had a room number. Parking was included and they also offer Valet parking. Rooms are large, with all top notch items. Super clean, very comfortable beds. Staff was amazing and super friendly. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Were on the 8th floor towards the end of the hall, perfect for us with young kids. We couldn't...
2  Thank sarahg1007

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the new Blu. We could not be happier to read your positive feedback and would be delighted to be your new home away from home!

On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your business. Feel free to find us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for upcoming specials.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Let me start by saying that this is a beautiful and modern hotel. It's also very convenient if you're planning to go to the Mall of America. The location can't be beat. The fitness center in this hotel is also really well equipped, modern, and clean.

However, I was irritated when I took the family down to the pool. The pool is large the area is pretty nice, but there is no hot tub. I don't particularly like going in the pool, I want to relax in the hot tub. I checked a few other rooms nearby to see if maybe they put the hot tub in its own room, but no. No hot tub. I can't believe that someone built a hotel with a pool and didn't put in a hot tub, but someone did.

Also, the wireless networking, which is free, is a little sketchy. I wasn't able to get my iPad to connect to the wireless network. My wife was able to connect but only if she sat in the bathroom. So if you're a dude and you like to sit on the toilet for 45 minutes reading your iPad anyway then it shouldn't be a problem. But I wasn't able to sit in bed and play Candy Crush.

6  Thank blackfist_13
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property. We are sorry to hear your stay did not meet your expectations.

We hope you'll consider staying with us the next time your travels bring you to the Mall of America.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

After accidentally checking into the other Radisson Hotel near the Mall of America, I realized that there were two in the same area. The first Radisson was terrifying, but the Radisson Blue was incredibly nice. The hotel is very contemporary, and the rooms were excellent: large, well appointed and nice decor. Staff was friendly and helpful and in room service was fast. First time I tried a Raddison Blu, but I'll definitely try to find me in other cities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Homeward2012

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property and leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you were pleasantly surprised.

We are the second Radisson Blu in the United States and you can find the other one in Chicago. Philadelphia will become the third and Radisson Plaza downtown Minneapolis will soon convert to a Blu as well.

We thank you for your business and look forward to the next time your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that I travel too much. For me to take time from my schedule to create an account and write a review...well, it speaks for itself.

Let me start with the cons:
I checked in late and went straight to the bar. I watched and observed a security guard. He either thought of himself as a police officer, or thought himself as God. Does this Radisson Blu hire security guard to start problems or protect their guests? This fellow Brian seemed to be looking for trouble where it was not necessary. Meanwhile, there was a poor girl trying to push off a "grouper". This really irritated me.
There is not enough counter space in the restrooms.
(This is not a complaint,just another observation) While I waited for my taxi in the morning I could not help but to feel burdened for the young ladies at the front desk. This gentleman(may have been a manager,as he was in a different suit), was either having a bad day and taking it out on these front desk agents or was coming down hard on them. Though you could see he was trying to keep a smile on his face, his attitude towards them was obviously destructive. When he left upstairs they looked distressed. How you treat your employees affect your guests.
They should hire more operators in the morning. They had me on hold for a while. Clearly, you could hear the other lines ringing.
Second floor seemed like a day care with all the kids running around.
Food is too expensive
Bar over served. I guess you get what you pay for. Too much!

Finally the pros
Beds are AMAZING
Personalized wake up calls are great! In fact, Katty, the young lady who called me in the morning sounded so happy. Waking up to an attitude like hers was contagious.
At check in:The night staff was a trip! The girl at the front desk was informative, she told me everything I needed to know of the hotel, i didn't need to ask. Some thing about her was inviting(she should work during the days) The night manager was with her(I assume as she was wearing a grey suit). As she walked me up to the bar, I asked her how many starts the hotel had. Her answer was "it doesn't matter how many stars it has, what matters is that we treat our guest like they are 5 stars...plus". TOUCHE! I couldn't tell if she was joking, it didn't matter. Great answer! I couldn't help but laugh.
Even better: I was up at 5am. The gal at the front desk remembered my name and offered me coffee. Before I knew it the manager was on her way down from the complimentary breakfast stand with a cup of cappuccino . I could have easily gone up to get it myself, but the gesture was nice. I did feel a bit guilty as the manager looked as though she was caught in the middle of her tasks.
Overall my personal experience was great! Convenience to the mall is great, taxi service is fast, friendly faces everywhere! That young lady was right. Overall I was treated like 5stars,plus!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank loventravels4321
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience while staying at our new Blu. We look forward to your next stay!

Kind Regards,