“Total Surprise”

Radisson Blu Mall of America
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After accidentally checking into the other Radisson Hotel near the Mall of America, I realized that there were two in the same area. The first Radisson was terrifying, but the Radisson Blue was incredibly nice. The hotel is very contemporary, and the rooms were excellent: large, well appointed and nice decor. Staff was friendly and helpful and in room service was fast. First time I tried a Raddison Blu, but I'll definitely try to find me in other cities.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Homeward2012
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate our property and leave your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear you were pleasantly surprised.

We are the second Radisson Blu in the United States and you can find the other one in Chicago. Philadelphia will become the third and Radisson Plaza downtown Minneapolis will soon convert to a Blu as well.

We thank you for your business and look forward to the next time your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Let me start by saying that I travel too much. For me to take time from my schedule to create an account and write a review...well, it speaks for itself.

Let me start with the cons:
I checked in late and went straight to the bar. I watched and observed a security guard. He either thought of himself as a police officer, or thought himself as God. Does this Radisson Blu hire security guard to start problems or protect their guests? This fellow Brian seemed to be looking for trouble where it was not necessary. Meanwhile, there was a poor girl trying to push off a "grouper". This really irritated me.
There is not enough counter space in the restrooms.
(This is not a complaint,just another observation) While I waited for my taxi in the morning I could not help but to feel burdened for the young ladies at the front desk. This gentleman(may have been a manager,as he was in a different suit), was either having a bad day and taking it out on these front desk agents or was coming down hard on them. Though you could see he was trying to keep a smile on his face, his attitude towards them was obviously destructive. When he left upstairs they looked distressed. How you treat your employees affect your guests.
They should hire more operators in the morning. They had me on hold for a while. Clearly, you could hear the other lines ringing.
Second floor seemed like a day care with all the kids running around.
Food is too expensive
Bar over served. I guess you get what you pay for. Too much!

Finally the pros
Beds are AMAZING
Personalized wake up calls are great! In fact, Katty, the young lady who called me in the morning sounded so happy. Waking up to an attitude like hers was contagious.
At check in:The night staff was a trip! The girl at the front desk was informative, she told me everything I needed to know of the hotel, i didn't need to ask. Some thing about her was inviting(she should work during the days) The night manager was with her(I assume as she was wearing a grey suit). As she walked me up to the bar, I asked her how many starts the hotel had. Her answer was "it doesn't matter how many stars it has, what matters is that we treat our guest like they are 5 stars...plus". TOUCHE! I couldn't tell if she was joking, it didn't matter. Great answer! I couldn't help but laugh.
Even better: I was up at 5am. The gal at the front desk remembered my name and offered me coffee. Before I knew it the manager was on her way down from the complimentary breakfast stand with a cup of cappuccino . I could have easily gone up to get it myself, but the gesture was nice. I did feel a bit guilty as the manager looked as though she was caught in the middle of her tasks.
Overall my personal experience was great! Convenience to the mall is great, taxi service is fast, friendly faces everywhere! That young lady was right. Overall I was treated like 5stars,plus!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank loventravels4321
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience while staying at our new Blu. We look forward to your next stay!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked a stay at the new Radisson Blu after the hotel I typically book was sold out. Honestly, what a blessing in disguise - the Radisson Blu was terrific. Of course it doesn't hurt that the hotel is practically brand new, but beyond that, the service, food/drinks, and location were wonderful. If you tire of the hotel's restaurant/bar, you simply walk across the skyway and into the mall. There is also a Caribou Coffee opening on the skyway this summer, which will be great for people wanting a latte in the mornings.

As beautiful as the lobby and public areas are, it's the guest rooms that are the standout. It's clear that the rooms are designed for modern travelers - the lighting was fantastic, the insulated windows blocked out the noise from the nearby airport, and there were plenty of outlets to charge multiple devices. The bed was out-of-this-world comfortable. The internet worked great, and the cable TV offerings were plentiful.

Typically I stay in downtown Minneapolis when I'm on business, but the Radisson Blu worked out perfectly. With free parking, it's easy to go in and out, and the trip into the city took only about 20 minutes, traffic notwithstanding. Plus, if you have an early flight out, as I did, you can't beat being five minutes away from the airport.

I typically love Kimpton hotels for their service and modern accommodations, but this Radisson gives the Kimpton in Minneapolis a definite run for its money. I was pleasantly and thoroughly surprised by how great this hotel was, and recommend it wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Amanda G
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are pleased to read that you have found your new home away from home! On behalf of the entire staff at Radisson Blu, we appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip to the Minneapolis/Bloomington area!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Great hotel with a contempory design! Stayed in two different rooms, both of good size. The beds were very comfortable. The last stay was on the business floor which was super. There was a lounge on the same floor where they served breakfast and drinks in the afternoon. Complimentary parking for guests right next door, and very easy access to Mall of America. From level two there are lifts going up to the rooms which are keyactivated. Nice feature safetywise, you could only get to the floor where your room was. Staff all over the hotel were polite, sweet and very helpful. Would still like to point out the front desk staff in particular. They left you with a feeling that there was nothing they would not do for you. Super hotel to stay in if you're planning a shopping spree at Mall of America. We would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hilde B
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We love hearing our guests rave about the modern decor and how accommodating our staff are and for doing just that, I thank you.

On behalf of the entire team here at Radisson Blu, we thank you for your business and will look forward to the next time your travels bring you back!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Honestly the best hotel I have ever stayed in. So many ammenities that I can't even list them. Perfect!

It was so pretty. The man at the front desk was a cool guy and very helpful.

Awesome location, view, service, stylish rooms, etc.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jford4040
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel amenities as well as our staff!

We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to the area!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have stayed in my fair share of hotels over the years and I must say this was a real treat. The rooms were outstanding, front desk staff, I felt that they bent over backwards to make sure I enjoyed my stay. The food at the restaurant was outstanding. The only complaint I do have is the security guards that were working were very childish and unprofessional. I apologize I can not remember names, blonde tall military type along with a darker haired gentleman were constantly joking around and being immature. I'm sure it's just their age, but for being an upscale hotel, I would of thought a little more consideration would go into proper training on what is acceptable and what is not. However this encounter will not prevent me from staying at the Radisson Blu again. Front staff keep up the awesome work, it makes really makes a persons day with the friendly smiles offered.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevators and an inside room. I was on a higher level and the was not mu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the new Radisson Blu. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay both at the hotel as well as FireLake. We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to the Bloomington area.

Please like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for upcoming specials.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We scored an amazing rate on the hotel for 5 nights in June 2013. I was acutely aware of how our reduced rate might affect how the front desk staff treated us or where our room might be placed. I'm happy to say that we were treated very professionally and given a room on the 5th floor. (Many of the rooms have views of the outside of the Mall of America, but that's to be expected considering it is attached to the MOA.)

The room was modern, large and comfortable. No floor was too large and getting around was a snap. Some comments would lead you to think that it's hard to arrive on the 1st floor and catch the room elevators on the second floor. It's really quite simple. There is an elevator on the first floor that can take you and your luggage up one level. From there you take another bank (of 5 ) elevators to the room floors. These elevators are activated by room keys only to provide an added level of security. (That is never a bad idea in my opinion.)

Also on the second floor is the Fire Lake Restaurant as well as access to Level 2 of the MOA. Access to the mall is limited on the second floor to roughly the hours the mall is open but you can access the mall for a lot longer from the 1st floor.

Parking is complimentary for guests and super close to the front of the hotel as well as MOA.

I would certainly stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank SEGeorge-BG

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are so happy to read that you were taken back by our staff's professionalism as well as the ease to get around both in the hotel as well as to the Mall.

We are excited to welcome you back for your next visit!