“Great Hotel - Great Connection”

Radisson Blu Mall of America
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel has a very unique modern & crisp feel to it, from the checkin desk to the hotel rooms. The room was nice and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom vanity was tiny as the sink took up most of the space but other than that a very nice hotel to stay for business (breakfast in the morning and hors d'oeuvres in the evening) or if you plan to shop at the Mall of America the hotel connects right into the mall. Very nice ambiance in the bar and dining areas. The food was excellent and I actually tried Bison prime rib...delicious! There is a saline pool and that was very relaxing. As a person who likes to workout I also enjoyed the state of the art workout facility very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel but not for families with small children.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lynn E
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay while on business. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed of our upcoming specials.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent an incredible weekend at the new Radisson Blu with my girlfriends, the room was amazing, white leather couches and an incredible view. The prices on the weekend are reasonable and the service was incredible. I got a flat tire and the valet took my car to the gas station to fix it, thanks Rashad! he also had amazing Blu eyes to go with the name of the hotel. I can't wait to go again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lindsayh588

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I will be sure to pass along your compliment to Rashad as he will be pleased to hear he stood out during your stay. We look forward to the next time your travels bring you to our hotel!

Please friend us on Facebook and Twitter to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We just returned from a two night stay at the Radisson Blu Mall of America and I am already looking forward to planning our next visit. The attentive and very professional staff are so willing and eager to please guests. I can personally thank Jeremy at the main desk and Eugene of the bell staff for their personal attention to our needs. The decor in the lobby and common areas is trendy and unique..fun! This is not your average property. Our room provided a tranquil haven and we enjoyed a quiet and restful sleep. The decor again is impressive. The Mall of America shopping is just a hallway away...this is worth the trip. We immersed ourselves in the bustle of the Mall and when rest was needed, just a short walk to the comfort of our room. Wonderful! The Firelake Restaurant in the hotel has an extensive menu and our breakfast was delicious. I noticed our server was wearing a collar pin that said," Yes I Can", which is the motto for all staff. Sometimes you can say many nice things but so important is how the experience felt for you. I felt wonderful. Thank you Radisson Blu and see you next time. Earlene and Larry

Room Tip: Come prepared to have a wonderful time!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the ambiance, staff, service and FireLake! I will be sure to pass your compliments to Jeremy and Eugene as they will be pleased to hear they were recognized for a job well done! We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I could find little fault with this hotel, which is a pleasant surprise since it opened only 8 days before my stay.

Service was friendly and efficient. The Concierge lounge staff was working out a few kinks, but they tried their very best to go above and beyond in fulfilling requests. I am sure with more experience, they will be flawless. The food provided in the lounge was high quality and presented nicely.

The physical layout and quality of the hotel building were both impressive. You can watch planes landing at the airport, but most definitely cannot hear them. You can tell the windows are very thick. The sound isolation between hallways and rooms is also well done; although I could see others on my floor while in the hallways, I never heard anything from within my room.

Two things in the room that could have been easier to use were the Nespresso espresso maker and the shower. Providing a small laminated card with instructions on making the expresso would suffice. The shower provides both a handheld shower wand and an overhead rainshower. Unfortunately, both cannot be used at once.

My only other criticism is that there is no hot tub in the pool area. There appeared plenty of space for one, but it was not there. Pool was warm and clean. The fitness center was large and had many machines to use.

If in Bloomington for the Mall of America, other leisure, or business, definitely give this hotel a try! However, f you want to do a lot of shopping, there is no comparison!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BuckyBadger123
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the Business Class Lounge and the ambiance of the hotel. We look forward to your next stay!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a two night stay a few nights back. Radissons are always good, so one that has been open for only a few weeks should be a sure thing. Front desk, bellman, cleaning staff and everyone else involved were very nice and helpful. The shuttle bus driver (to the airport) was also kind / friendly. Rooms are good size and comfortable. Room temps easily and quickly adjusted.

The second floor connects directly into the second floor of mall of america through a short walkway. Common areas are a little trendy / cheeky, but who cares. As long as staff doesn't have an attitude (which they didn't) it's all good!

Did not make use of the restaurant or bar, but was served a few meals in the meeting rooms as part of my conference at the hotel. Not your typical "hotel conference" food. Everything was delicious, no small task when trying to feed 80+ people. No one in our group had anything negative to say about this place.

This place is off to a great start!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our banquet food and had great interactions with our staff. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The Radisson Blu Mall of America in Bloomington, MN is a really impressive hotel. The sleek design and the uniqueness is something you must see. That's where my compliments will end. The parking area outside the parking garage is minimal. When we pulled up, I asked where to park. He asked if I wanted to valet park my vehicle and I said "no." The man hands me a ticket and says park in the garage. We pull in the garage area and have no clue what to do next. I don't know how we get our belongings to our room or how to get to the lobby so we pull out of the garage and go back to the man. I ask how much it is to valet park (I feel I really don't have a choice now because how is one adult going to get 3 children's things and mine into the hotel with no luggage cart - they won't let you use the luggage carts only the staff can). The man tells me it's $22. I ask if that is for my entire stay of 3 nights and he says yes. So I have them valet my vehicle. They took about 2/3 of our luggage up to us so we had to go down and get the rest. While I'm grabbing what they left behind, I have no less than 3 people watching me and trying to "help". I found out the next day that the valet parking was actually $22 per day. The room was average in size (we did only book a standard room) and was nice and clean. The kids and I went to use the pool area. NO HOT TUB!? Who builds a hotel in 2013 and forgets the hot tub. Shocked and disappointed. One afternoon my son was napping and we didn't want him disturbed so we missed housekeeping. I called a little later to get fresh towels and wash cloths. Nobody came. I called again about 3 hours later and this time somebody came but with no wash cloths. At check out, I told the manager who checked me out about the misrepresentation of the price of the valet and the housekeeping issue. He offered up his "so sorry that happened" and offered us free breakfast at 11:30. We, of course, already had breakfast and declined. He then gave me a card with his name on it and said to give him a call when we want to stay there again that he'd "do something special for us" but there won't be a next time. The "uppity" attitudes of the hotel staff is not my or my family's style......we like the original Radisson way better!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NoelKB
Harry G, General Manager at Radisson Blu Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We have passed along your comments about housekeeping and valet services to our staff. We thank you for your feedback and hope you'll try us again when your travels bring you back to the area.

Harry Gorstayn,

Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu in Chicago when it first opened and were blown away by the property and the service. We've been waiting for the MOA Blu to open so that we
could compare it to Chicago Blu. Only open 3 weeks, some bugs need to be worked out.

Check-in was flawless. Route to our Business class room was a little convoluted--up an escalator then past the bar, communal table to the main elevator bank. Room corridors are
very long and our room was at the end so quite a hike back and forth.

We selected the Naturally Cool room which was nicely designed with a great work space, large screen TV, Nespresso machine, chaise lounge and bench. Flanking the bed were two wooden
cubes which were rather small with no storage for bedtime reading material, etc. Reading lights were attached to either side to provide adequate illumination. The bed is very comfortable, but on the firm side.The rooms are very quiet with no sound transmission between rooms allowing for restful sleep.The bathroom includes a great walk in shower but the sink area has minimal space on either side of the sink for one's own dopp kit, make-up, etc.

The Business lounge is designed with several seating options for small or larger groups. Some soft seating is arranged in "rooms", table and chair set ups and a long bar with I-pads for guest's use. Beer and wine are complimentary and basic snacks offered from 5:00 - 7:00 and continental breakfast--fruit, pastries, cereal, oatmeal in the morning.

Our only disappointment was room service. Although quite prompt, ironically our steak frites arrived cold and with only one set of silver. The attendent noticed the error, apologized and went to retreive the missing necessary utensils. We mentioned the cold food and a few minutes later
room service called to enquire about the problem. They were very apologetic and comped us for
the cold meal. Hopefully this was an isolated instance.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a Business class room to take advantage of the evening snacks and am breakfast offerin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!