“Your money's worth”

Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Bethesda, Maryland
“Your money's worth”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed one night in this hotel. We were just looking for a place to stay before boarding a flight. We got what we paid for and were satisfied. The staff was nice. The breakfast was good. The room was clean. The price was right. We recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Bancroft, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed here on business. I had a King room on the top floor. The room was clean, but very small. The bathroom was so tiny that only the toilet and shower were in the actual bathroom and the sink/vanity was just outside of the bathroom- also tiny. I couldn't fit my makeup bag and curling iron on the vanity, it kept falling off. The mattress was hard with a down feather padding thrown on top. At first I thought that would be nice to sleep on but it wasn't, the feathers spread out under the weight and I was down to the hard mattress in no time. I tossed and turned all night and was very tired for my meetings the next day and my long drive home. Breakfast the next day as your average powdered scrabbled eggs, cheap sausage, cereal, oatmeal and yogurt. Definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Care at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington West, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns & Suites standards.

We are also sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure we are offering fresh food and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.
Greendale, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I just stayed here with my family. Nice hotel for the price & very courteous staff. Lots of amenities such as a free breakfast (very good), pool, fitness area, hot tub, shuttle to Mall of America & great happy hour offerings ($3 rail drinks. Can't beat that). It was also very clean. The room had everything you needed. We had two queens and ordered an extra bed. Was only charged $10 for the entire length of our stay for the bed which is very reasonable compared to other hotels.

The reason I gave it a 4 is because it was a little small for us. The bathroom was tiny & the sink was on the outside of the bathroom which really did not make any sense. For two people it would be fine but for a family of 5, we could have used a bigger room. The elevator was very slow with one out of service. I heard a lot of complaints on this but quit honestly that was really the one I heard from other people. Seems like they could use a couple updates but again they had the main things we needed.

Overall, a great value.

Room Tip: 11 minutes from Mall of America (and free shuttle to get there), complimentary breakfast, pool &...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great hotel!Very nice place to stay!Excellent employees,with great customer service.Good cookies,mints,and a nice breakfast!Also beautiful pool area,and exercise room.Very great nice location to walk in or ride your bike!I love this place!Front desk staff,hskg,and breakfast staff ROCKS!

Room Tip: 1st floor,facing the front of hotel!Close to the pool,and breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sylvia D
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed July 27, 2013

When I booked this hotel I knew that it was a midlevel basic hotel and my minimum expectations are to have a clean and comfortable stay. Also I needed a hotel that had complimentary breakfast and airport shuttle within my budget. This hotel fit my needs.

The hotel is located next to a highway, free parking, close to a trader joes and a target. Not too far driving to a strip mall with whole foods, etc. Hotel was quiet despite being sold out.

This hotel was very busy with a wedding party and many marathon runners, but it seemed to keep up.

I was definitely impressed with the breakfast staff. The Breakfast was packed to the rafters. It seemed all hotel guests came at once. But the ladies were hustling resupplying food and cleaning off tables. I was impressed. Typical continental plus waffle machine, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and potatoes.

I found that the bathroom sink is outside the bathroom. It is disruptive when one wants to sleep and other person is using sink. The sink and vanity area is also small so toiletries barely fit.
My a/c barely kept up. It was a hot and humid summer day so my room was muggy. Everything else in room was functional, clean. Plumbing ok. Room size not too big or small. All ok.
I used the pool and it was great. I use contacts and am very sensitive to chlorinated pools and this pool was fine, finally a pool that is maintained by someone who knows what they are doing. The hot tub was hot! Great!

I did like that the room had a large flat screen tv, microwave and minifridge.

The hotel passed my cleanliness test: lift bed sheet and see bed pad. It was free of stains and hair.

Overall basic hotel, clean, comfortable, quiet. Staff was friendly. Elevators were ok. Internet speed was fine. Complimentary breakfast was edible. Shuttle was fine. Everything ok except a/c.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, on east side to avoid afternoon sun that warms up room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ORD-TGU
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Nice! Room great, quiet even with a party there. Breakfast great selection! Desk gals very cheerful! Would definitely stay there again!! Close to Target field for baseball game! Not overly priced. Rooms nice and dark when curtains are closed! Could have slept all day!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rmr4jb31
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There are quite a few similar priced chains in the same area, but I found a pretty good deal here and the reviews were mostly positive, so I decided to stay. It's kind of tricky to find the hotel in the dark, if you're not familiar with the area, so be sure to get good directions.

PROS: The lobby is bright and welcoming. Front desk staff are very courteous and professional. There's a room with a nice selection of snacks at reasonable prices available as well as free chocolate chip cookies at the front desk.
The room was nice and cool with the air conditioning on when I arrived. The bed was comfortable enough and bed linens clean. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom and extra blankets too. The shower had plenty of hot water and good pressure. Nice soap, etc. amenities.
Breakfast in the am was very good and they had several coffee and hot water for tea stations throughout the lobby too. Rooms were sound proofed; couldn't hear hallway noise or adjoining rooms much at all. Extra outlets for phone/computer chargers.

CONS: Unfortunately the carpet was very stained and worn and there was a big wet water puddle in the carpet in front of the sink, which is outside of the bathroom. The lighting wasn't very adequate at the sink. The toilet lid was broken, as was the room's floor lamp. The room has the older, loud air conditioner/heat units and it must stay on or off, no auto switch, and we had to have it running all night, as it was hot that evening. The worn appearance of the room made it seem a little dirty and dingy.

To sum it up, it was a comfortable stay at a good price, but unless they update the rooms, I will probably try a different hotel in the area next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple