“Your daughters will LOVE it here!”

American Girl Bistro
Ranked #57 of 234 Restaurants in Bloomington
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This is a bistro within the America Girl doll store. You have ones listed for other cities, but not for the Minnesota location.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have 2 daughters, ages 2 and 13. We ate lunch here, and it was just a very sweet experience. They let my 2 y/o "borrow" an AG doll and little chair to hook onto the table. The waitress was so friendly, and she brought little tea cups for the doll, and for my older daughter's build-a-bear, which both girls had fun with. The menu was so cool - you have a list to choose from - one appetizer and one entree, all for the same price. I really liked the way that was set up. On the mac n cheese (which wasn't kraft btw - sometimes you pay $5 for macaroni at a restaurant, and you get an 88cent box of kraft mac n cheese....), anyway, it had a star shaped piece of cheese on top, which was a fun touch. I had salmon that was delicious and not dry at all, and my bf had a cuban sandwich. We enjoyed the food, the atmosphere, and overall the experience was worth it, and I'm sure we'll be back. Every girl should eat here, even if you don't have an AG doll, it's still fun to have whatever doll or stuffed animal you love get served too :)

1  Thank ificouldonlyfly

Reviewed October 22, 2013

went a while back when my daughter was in the height of her American Girl Doll craze, she took her doll with her, because they have booster seats that attach to the table, table overlooked the amusement park. we had desserts that were very nicely displayed, doll got her own fake dessert too. if you don't have an AG lover, you wont understand the hype, but we love it.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

my daughter loves ag dolls so for her birthday party we went to eat there and the food was excellent

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We have eaten at this bistro several times over the years with our two daughters, ages 5 and 10. Most of the times we were celebrating a birthday of one of our daughters. They have a fixed-price menu and have great unusual dishes that you hardly find anywhere else: a cheese and a chocolate fondue, fruit that you can dip in yogurt, and other items I don't remember now. They have a great and healthy salad. Everything is really good. Girls get a princess crown to wear if you choose a birthday celebration option, and they also get a sticker that says it's my birthday. The waiters come and sing "Happy Birthday" at the end of the meal. They also bring you a birthday cake with candles and ice-cream. I remember the ice-cream was great, so it must have been a vanilla bean ice-cream. Also, girls may bring their American Girl dolls, and, if they don't have one, they give you one to borrow. Dolls have their own "chairs" that attach to the table, and have their own tea cup set. The waiters give the dolls a tiara and a little plastic balloon.

Since the restaurant is at the Mall of America, the birthday celebration may go along with a visit to the Nickelodeon Universe and the Aquarium, which are right there. If you have a little girl, this is the place to go!

2  Thank Enrique T
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My daughter wanted to come here for her 10th birthday. I thought it was over priced ( $ 25 for adults and $18 for kids, for the ' birthday package" includes cake & a gift bag) but I was very surprised. The service was EXCELLENT and the food was amazing. I had the salmon and the kids had chicken tenders. Was an amazing experience! Don't expect to walk in, the place fills up fast. Make a reservation.