“Bait & Switch (at best)”

Rick Bronson's House of Comedy
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My husband and I erred in booking our tickets. I thought I was supposed to book them, and he thought it was his task. He went into one room, and I into another, and within two minutes of each other, we double booked. We called within the next two minutes and were refused a refund. I left a message to speak directly with Rick Bronson....he refused to even respectfully return my call.

So, to begin, we were out $108.00. They told us they would give us complimentary tickets to an upcoming show....but advised us that they couldn't be used for Saturday nights even though we had purchased the higher priced Saturday night tickets. Since we live very far away, we will not be able to use these tickets, and to date, no one wants to buy them even at half price on Craig's List (apparently many others already know what we had to find out the hard way).

According to the web site, we were to see one specific entertainer. I called the comedy theater before booking and asked how long the show would last. I was told that it would last 1 1/2 hours. In that 1 1/2 hours, we saw not ONE, not TWO....but THREE comedians. Of the three, one was not funny, one was partially funny and the billed comedian would have been fun if he hadn't used the exact routines already available on YouTube (which we watched to make sure we were getting tickets to a funny comic...and not a raunchy comic).

One more thing about booking these tickets....even if you book them on THEIR web site on line....you are charged $2.25/ticket for a booking fee.

So bottom line, regardless of their poor business ethics, you will pay just under $25.00/ticket, purchase VERY expensive drinks and expensive crappy food at the show itself, and see your billed comic for approximately 1/2 hour of the evening.

In the end, I will say that if you go to the "House of Comedy", the joke will be on you as it certainly was on us.

3  Thank 50onthego