“Nice whirlpool room”

Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington
Ranked #10 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed here in one of the whirlpool suites for a night away from the kids. We had tried another whirlpool suite in a different hotel in the Twin Cities area a couple of years ago, and it was really kind of trashy. This room was just a normal hotel room, but the whirlpool is located in the bedroom portion of the suite, as opposed to the front room. I liked that just because it felt a little more private to me. The bedroom is separated by an actual door, not just a wall, and that also felt more private. The bathroom was quite large, but the shower was pretty small and had very little shelf space for shampoo and soap. Really nothing "special" about the room, but the whirlpool tub is a plus. Very relaxing, and large enough for two! And, although this hotel is in the vicinity of the MSP airport, we never heard a plane during our entire stay. In fact, this hotel is just enough off the beaten path that it was very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AEB_MN
MSPBL, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Thank you for the review! We are pleased to hear your enjoyed your in-suite whirlpool and we truly appreciate you sharing you kind comments with us. It is great that you noticed no noise coming from outside as well! We work hard to provide a quiet and comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy while staying with us. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I was attending a gift show in Hopkins and decided to save money by staying neither downtown nor right at the show. In fact, the hotel was right across the high way from the temporaries exhibit. What I had forgotten was how difficult it is to cross highways in the Twin Cities. To me, it is one of the most difficult metro areas to navigate in the country--poor signage, streets that turn into freeways without notice, fewer over and underpasses than similar markets. So my first complaint was that I was in a hotel ghetto with few outside eating options and it was exhuausting to try to escape. The hotel was clean and the only problem with my room was that both the bath and shower fixtures needed adjusting--the former was a bit detached from the wall, and the settings on the latter couldn't be adjusted without causing a leak. Housekeeping was fine, front desk service was fine. The pool was a good family amenity but for a single unaquatic person, I didn't want to smell the chlorine in the lobby, and the halls were a bit loud after 10 pm with some frolicking on the weekends from families. At least they were happy! I think it's a good value for the money (I paid about $100) but I probably should have upgraded. Oh, and I couldn't find the mattress setting. Because I had no expectation of getting it, I didn't feel disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and are very happy that you found our rates to be reasonable for your trip to the area for a gift show – how fun! I am sorry that you had difficulties navigating around this area and please know that our front desk associates are well oriented with directions around here and would be more than happy to help you! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you had a fun time attending the gift show.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean and the staff is fabulous. Check in was smooth and everyone was very friendly and accommodating. We had a problem with the sleep number mattress - one side of the bed wouldn't stay firm - but they offered to fix the bed, and then when it didn't get fixed, they comped us for a night of our stay. The furnishings aren't as up to date as other HGIs that I've stayed at, but everything was clean and in good condition.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for such a kind review. All of our guests should feel welcomed and “at home” the minute they walk through our front door and the check-in encounter you described is what we hope all our guests experience. We appreciate your open feedback and truly hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed at HGI during a recent trip to Minneapolis. We found our room to be nice, the staff to be pleasant, the location good and the price excellent. With our AAA rate we paid $20 less that the La Quinta across the street. My husband forgot is iPad charger in the room and the hotel shipped it via Fed Ex for free! We were impressed with the hotel and will definitely stay here again. My only complaint was the lack of free breakfast but we saved more money than we spent on breakfast out by staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
MSPBL, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for the great review and sharing your experience with us on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn of Bloomington, MN. We are pleased that you found our rates to be reasonable and were overall impressed with our property. I am happy you received your iPad charger in the mail. Our team of associates work hard and make every effort to assist our guests in any way possible… I would expect nothing less from them! We appreciate the 5 STAR review!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at a very fair AARP charge of $89/n for 2 doubles. An older hotel that has been redone, we had few complaints and slept well in the firm sensor mattresses. It was quiet and roomy and had fast internet, big LCD tv with numerous channels. The shower pressure was weak but the AC allowed you to control without movement sensors. We had excellent made to order breakfast both mornings
Only two complaints... only one public washer/dryer... so major wait for others and there is absolutely no where to walk to dinner. You are stuck with the always mediocre, overpriced Garden Inn to eat or get in traffic and drive.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
TPImanager, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

We are happy you appreciate our rates and like our newly remodeled property! I hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience for you to wash your belongings, but since the average length of stay for majority of our guests is only 1-3 nights, a full laundry room is neither economically or environmentally a good idea. I hope you were aware of our free shuttle service provided on-site which will transport you to the Mall of America at no additional cost. I can assure you there are a few dining options there! Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to host you in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great support from reception staff , adequate room , just another typical American chain . Quite a few hotels in the area . Restaurants all needed a drive . No public transport in the area . Looked our over streets and buildings . No different to 1000 others

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hilltopOxon
MSPBL, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay and for posting a review! We are pleased that our team of associates stood out in your eyes and provided good support and assistance to you. I will certainly share this with them. Fortunately, with our property being located in the heart of Bloomington, public transportation is very available and affordable for our guests to take advantage of. Along with our free shuttle service offered here at the hotel; there is the public bus, light rail, and we would be more than happy to arrange a taxi to come pick you up right from our lobby. We hope that this clears up some confusion! Thank you again and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Exceptionally courteous staff. Perfect stay. I left an item in the room and received a kind call the very next day. My items were returned at no charge. I was impressed at every turn by the courtesy and kindness of the staff. My husband and I will stay again. Many thanks.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank MO M
MSPBL, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences! We hold our staff to high moral standards and I would expect nothing else from them. I will certainly share this review with them and they will be so thrilled to have left such a positive impression with you. We look forward to your next visit!