“Great Seafood in Minnesota?”
Review of Blue Point - CLOSED

Blue Point
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: I-494 & France
Description: Phone 952-767-9711. Has a sister restaurant in Minnesota already on fileOpened in past 4 months
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This family owned seafood restaurant near the Mall of America was a great find. The modern decor and friendly staff made for an enjoyable experience. The seafood was very fresh and prepared as you like it. The scallops melted in your mouth, the shrimp cocktail was great too.
The wait staff was very professional and attentive.
I would reccommend it to any seaffod lover in the Twin Cities.

There are newer reviews for Blue Point

Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Being skeptical of fish places is the Midwest, I was hesitant to try the hotel desks recommendation. Boy was I wrong. Great space, beer/wine list and menu. Prices were appropriate for most excellent fish houses too. If you want a good seafood dinner, try this place.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Noticed the sign while driving by and the illegal u-turn was well worth the risk. Contemp. decor is very comfortable and reasonably quiet. Separate bar area. Extensive wine list. Large, mostly sea food menu. Some Asian influence in some entres.Wait staff very observant and helpful. 5 different oysters available that night. Had the Malpeque oysters which were excellent. The meal from the salad to the coffee was very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We really enjoyed this restaurant. It is seafood so it is a little pricey which is typical of a restaurant of this caliber. The food presentation was excellent and the service was sufficient. We did have to ask for the daily specials as our server did not indicate them upon initial table visit. We loved our food! It was really delicious. I did the typical fish and it was fresh and light and fluffy with no chewiness at all. The shrimp appetizer was chilled and an iced on a salt block with a lemon wedge and a homemade cocktail sauce. Our table bread was not overly cooked but soft as table bread should be. The butter was chilled and molded … nice touch and usually comes as an amenity with fine restaurants. A full bar was in service with plenty of drink choices and offerings. This is a refreshing change from restaurants that claim to have full bars but only spring for limited and seasonal offerings and typical run of the house drinks. The ambiance of this restaurant was amazing and the location was great. We would hands down eat here again. Though, this is not a restaurant we would probably take the family as I am sure teenagers would not enjoy the fine dining as we would not enjoy paying their tab … more a couples or business place.We really enjoyed the

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Seafood was very fresh. I hade oysters and calamari to start. I ordered the tuna steak for my dinner. Amazing!! I had key lime pie for desert. What a great dining experience. The service was perfect. Thank you for a great night!