Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed May 23, 2007

This property is a good value especially for the location near the Mall of America. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport which I used. For an economy hotel to have this service is quite remarkable, I think. The rooms are a reasonable size. I stayed two different nights in late May 2007. One room had two queens and one had a king. The rooms were clean, bedding ok (I read they are going to be upgrading the bedding), nice window seat, quiet and overall I had a good impression. It is near the freeway, however, when the windows are closed it was not a problem. There is a Walmart and a Denny's within a short walk - which was a plus for us. They provide soap, so bring your own shampoo. I would recommend this property and will be looking for them on my travels.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis

Reviewed May 14, 2007

Stayed here while visiting Mall of America. It was ok for the price,although I probably would try another hotel if in the area again. The room was very small but ok for 1 night. This was the only hotel on a cross country trip that did'nt have a coffee maker or even a hair dryer. The bedding was a little worn but he room was pretty clean. Breakfast was also kind of sparse. On the plus side was the location and the price.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2007

We (two adults, two teens) stayed at the Microtel in mid-November 2006. We chose the Microtel for proximity to the Mall of America and MSP Airport. We had been at a funeral during the day, wanted to spend the evening at the Mall of America with family, and then have a close place for an early flight out of MSP. The rooms are on the small side, but plenty fine for one night. The hotel amenities are fairly basic, but good for those stopping 1-2 nights and/or on a budget.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 19, 2007

I did so much research to try to find an affordable hotel around the Mall of America, since it's so hard to find a decent place for a decent price. I finally chose the Microtel in Bloomington and was amazed at the deal I got $49.99US a night. It was a very simple, and basic room which is all we needed. It was VERY CLEAN and comfortable, and the staff was friendly too. It is wonderfully close to the mall and right across from Walmart which closes daily at midnight. The free wireless internet was a wonderful bonus too, they also offer free local and long distance calling to the US. The continental breakfast had bagels, muffins, orange and apple juice (not much, but with the savings in the room rate you can go to the local IHOP or Denny's) which is also very close. I highly recommend to those budget conscious travelers who want a clean, comfortable place to stay without all the frills.

Stayed: February 2007
1  Thank TobanTraveler
Reviewed February 1, 2007

I stayed at the Microtel in Bloomington, and for the great rate I got (special corperate rate), you can say it met my expectations. The room was very clean, the staff was kind, but it lacked on some minor things. First off, I thought they had a mall shuttle. Wrong, they only have an airport shuttle. Its too bad for this area. Their continental breakfast is also a little skimpy with muffins and bagels. I was expecting a little bigger spread. If you want more though, Denny's is out the back door. I would recommend, especially since Wal-Mart is across the street.

Stayed: January 2007
Reviewed June 9, 2006

I very much enjoyed my stay at Microtel. The property is new and very modern and clean.
The room was average size. The walls are pretty thin though so if you get a noisy neighbor that could be a problem. They offer free internet (bring your own ethernet cable)
and complimentary breakfast. Also they advertise free mall and airport shuttle but when I was there they were only offering airport shuttle. They said they had lost contract for mall shuttle but were in the process of obtaining another carrier. It really didn"t matter the mall is about 6 blocks down the street. Also there is a Wal-Mart directly across the street and a grocery store and other fast food restaurants around the corner. For the price (49.99) and location to the mall and highway this was a steal. The staff was very pleasant also. I'd stay there again

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank Postalone
Reviewed November 11, 2005

My best friend and I each have a toddler so we came to visit Camp Snoopy at the Mall of America. This hotel is close to the MOA and has free mall and airport shuttles. The room was great for our one night stay. It was very clean...the bathroom was spotless. The beds were a little firm but I heard the manager telling another guest that they are renovating the entire hotel which will include new mattresses, tile in the bathrooms and new carpeting. The front desk clerk, Keisha, was very friendly and helpful. When I went to take a shower the morning of our checkout, I found that I could not get the water to turn on in the shower. Keisha gave us a key to a suite down the hall and we were able to take showers in that room. There's not a lot of variety for breakfast (bagles, muffins) but there is a Denny's right next door so we walked there and enjoyed a good breakfast. There is also a Wal-Mart right across the street. The shuttle driver actually dropped us off there so we could get a few things and then we walked across the street to the hotel. Our flight didn't leave until the afternoon of our checkout and we wanted to go to the MOA again for a few hours. We were able to keep our lugguge in our room and extend our checkout time until mid-afternoon. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but it's clean, less expensive and the staff is great!

Hint: If you are visiting Camp Snoopy, I definitely advise buying the unlimited ride wrist bands. They are well worth it and turn out to be much less expensive.

• Stayed: November 2005
3  Thank ckedgar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Comfort Inn Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis? Share your experiences!