“Great Location at a Great Price”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed February 18, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis

Reviewed February 12, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My 4 children, my aunt, uncle and I came into Minneapolis at 1 am. Check in was very slow. The male at the front desk had a very nonchalant attitude. Upon check in to our rooms, the rooms were clean and the heater was on in the room. (Very cold that night. So appreciated the room was at a warm temperature). The king size bed was very comfortable but we only had sheets and 2 pillow (which were very thin). The hotel provided breakfast but wasn't much more than bagels, cereal, oatmeal packets, mini muffins, and juice and coffee. For the money the hotel is worth it @ $85 a night!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed here because I got a free night from my job. Since it was free I can't complain that much but I can tell you the dirty bits.
When we arrived to the airport we went to the shuttle area found out there was no info for the hotel- called that baby right up because it said it had transportation, well they give you the number for a cab, you have to call them, and they pick you up at the pre arranged limo area. It is free, the hotel pays for it they give the company a voucher, and you do the same for the return other wise it's $15 before tip.
Check in was fine the lady was nice. Went up to the room and that's where things started to get funny. The instant we opened the door there was a washcloth on the floor. Fine, ok the maid dropped one -not a big deal.
Then we noticed that the microwave, coffee machine, and fridge they mentioned on the website where not in the room. Fine.... It's not that necessary.
Then I went to use the bathroom, normal bathroom nothing fancy lots of towels. Well ..... the toilet got clogged and I only peed and used the smallest amount of tissue. So I washed my hands and the sink refused to drain. We were in a rush so we left it like this for 4 hours, returned back to the room and it still was clogged and the sink had drained 1/2 way. Called the ont desk and I had to go downstairs to get a plunger, and if you read my previous reviews apparently I'm a part time hotel plumber.
So after I unclog the toilet, I decided to shower hoping it would drain fast then the sink because I'm not known for quick showers. It didn't.
The beds are pretty soft, but only 2 pillows :/
I was a little surprised myself to be writing a bad review I had just stayed a a microtel the other week and it was great so I hopped this one would be as we'll.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bloomington
Comfort Inn Airport
La Quinta Inn Minneapolis Airport Bloomington
Baymont Inn & Suites Bloomington MSP Airport
Residence Inn Bloomington by Mall of America
Courtyard Bloomington by Mall of America

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis

Address: 801 E 78th St, Bloomington, MN 55420-1329
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #38 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Price Range: $67 - $101 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bloomington/Minneapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Bloomington Hotel Bloomington