“Nice room layout, friendly staff, altogether a good value”

Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South
Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is a real SLEEPER, smaller than the other major brands in the area but with all the amenities you need. Good suite layout with special touches like a charger station on the lamp. We stayed one night at the beginning and one night at the end of our trip to northern Minnesota. In both cases, we had a problem with the reservation system. The database for third party bookings (e.g., Expedia) was not sync'ed up properly with their regular reservation system. This resulted in our losing the discounted rate and being booked as a new reservation at a higher rate. In both cases, the manager resolved the problem -- on our second stay, giving us an even better discount for our troubles. Good breakfast too.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Frances R, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2014

Hello Donna A, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. It is a pleasure to read all the wonderful feedback on our hotel. It is great to hear that you had a good night sleep, and also got to enjoy the amenities of the hotel. I apologize for the issue with the reservations but happy to see that we were able to get that resolved. We look forward to seeing you the next time you return.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South

Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night in the Hyatt. I was looking for a hotel that was closest to the airport. I also was looking for value & cleanliness. The Hyatt provided all! We had a king deluxe for around $100 USD. It had a sectional sofa, tv, cable, king size bed & a desk. It was very lovely. Free breakfast was provided along with free airport shuttle.

• Stayed: July 2014

Hi NevaStar, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. We are so glad you found our property to be clean with great ameneties. We hope to see you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I stayed here during the MLB All-STAR break and loved it. The hotel was very clean and nicely updated. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and greeted us with a smile upon entering the hotel. The location of the hotel is just a few blocks away from The Mall of America and located about 2 blocks away from the tram, which you can catch and ride all the way to Target field in downtown Minneapolis. I would strongly recommend this hotel and will make this hotel my first choice for all trips to the area.

Room Tip: book a king suite.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello ASCharlton, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. Thank you so much for all the great feedback from the cleanliness of the room to the great service from the staff. We appreciate the compliments. We look forward to seeing you again if you're in the area.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel while in town for the all star game festivities. When we arrived early to park and take train downtown the staff was very welcoming and helpful to us. When we got back to the hotel and checked into our room I was surprised by the staff walking around the counter and assisting my mom who was sitting down. Our room was really nice and comfortable, it did a pretty good job blocking out airlines outside. The only thing I was upset over was there was a large group on buses that were running around and took over breakfast area, however it's not hotels fault. I would definitely stay again based on the expierence I had here.

Stayed: July 2014

Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. I am always happy to hear that the staff was helpful and welcoming. We hope to see you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I was very disappointed when I arrived, as the room looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. My room was filthy, I had to have housekeeping come clean my room a second time. I didn't even want to take my shoes off. The staff that I interacted with were very friendly, which I greatly appreciated!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Hello Rhianna, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. It is wonderful that the staff interaction was great. I want to apologize for the quality of the room. I will ensure that we keep up on the cleanliness in the rooms. I hope to see you if you're in the area again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Had a spacious king bed room with sofa sleeper. It is by the MSP airport, but you couldn't tell from inside the room. Swimming pool was nice sized, but fairly cold. Breakfast was quite extravagant, with an interesting layout. Definitely will stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jestle2013

Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. It is great to hear that you got to enjoy the pool and breakfast in the morning. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff were very friendly. Not just one..but every single staff member I ran into or worked with was friendly, fast, and very professional.

We had a problem with our room and the staff was at our door to fix it within 2 minutes!

The pool is very nice but kept at a temperature for working out. (cooler then most hotel pools) I appreciate that because I use pools for exercise. The little kids I saw one night didn't seem to mind the cooler pool either. The pool doesn't seem to get much use. Which is also nice! The pool has towels that are nice and warm when you get out too!

The breakfast was very good and there are snacks for sale 24 hours a day. They are at the main desk and it's a lot nicer then the vending machines you get at other hotels.

We used the shuttle, the driver was pleasant and fun to talk with.

Over all...for travel, business, or even just visiting the area, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed on in room 101. It was quiet, next to the pool, and for my husband, who smokes, right next...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank kate2003

Hi Kate, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. Thank you so much for all the wonderful feedback about the hotel and staff. It is our pleasure to have made your experience enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again if you are in the area.