“Very special”

Ranked #16 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Milan, Illinois
“Very special”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This Hotel is very clean and has very positive environment.

The Staff treats you like they know you personally. Very sincere interactions with me. I brought my Mt. Bike with and they happily accommodated the shipping and would keep it their secure store room when I was not there.
The breakfast was great. The freshly made breakfast sandwiches were great. Good variety for any diet you might be on.
The best coffee in the Hotel is in the rooms. The single serve coffee machines in the rooms are great.

Definitely will continue use this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Frances R, Assistant General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. We are glad to hear that you found our staff accomodating and hepful. We hope you choose our property on your next visit to the area.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Punta Gorda, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place property and it was incredibly disappointing from beginning to end. On check-in, I asked if we were in a quiet room. The reply was simply that the rooms are preassigned. The front desk clerk made a point of telling us (we are clearly over 50 years old) that if we wanted a drink later to bring our ID's with us since they carded everyone.

Looking from our window (in daylight at 5:00 p.m.) we could clearly see a naked couple having sex in a pickup truck in the hotel's parking lot. We wondered why the staff didn't spend more time checking the lot instead of the ID cards of retirement-age adults.

The room was efficiently laid out to maximize space, but it was tired and dirty. The furniture was shabby, worn and torn. One pillowcase was patently soiled. The a/c unit was moldy, smelled bad, and was missing parts including the air flow vents. See attached photos of a/c and couch.

We were awakened at 3:00 a.m. by a very noisy noisy garbage truck emptying a dumpster(s) in the lot below our window - not far from where the naked sex truck was parked.

We used Hyatt points for this night, did not charge anything at the property, and were thus surprised to see a charge of $20.64 to our credit card appear online 2 days after our check out. Upon calling the hotel, they could not identify what the charge was for (we asked if it was for the parking lot sex show) and they said it would be reversed.

One positive point is that the hotel shuttle was timely and we were happy to be on our way to MSP at 0530!

Room Tip: If you stay here after reading this review, insist on a room on the front side of the building.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Island_Gypsy1
Hello, thank you for your feedback on your experience with us. I want to sincerely apologize about the issues with everything. We always strive to give exceptional service. We have since made our security walks around the property more frequent. We hope you give us the opportunity to provide you with exceptional service.

Richland, Washington
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. The staff was knowledgeable and helpful. The morning breakfast was good and they were willing to make more of an item if it was out. We were there during a snow storm and we ate dinner from their room service menu and it was great. The airport shuttle was handy and they picked us up within 15-20 mins of our call. If I'm ever in the Minneapolis area in the future I would stay here again.... no question.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bev J,Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. Thank you for the kind words about the staff being so helpful. And glad to hear that your room was clean and nicely decorated. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The service here is excellent!!! The staff goes above and beyond with a smile. Everyone is extremely friendly, professional, and sincere. I throughly enjoyed my stay and I wish every hotel operated at this caliber. Customer service beyond anything I have ever seen!!

• Stayed June 2014
Ashley E, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. It is so great to hear such wonderful words about the staff going above and beyond with smiles. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

i realize the "new hyatt" experience is to be comfy/homey; i stayed here for one night on business and was happy with the plush room and comfy bed and decent bathroom/split with basin in dressing area; toiletries were sub-par (very basic) as was the coffee/tea in room; the workout area was small with few equipment but not busy; the staff were very friendly but the food service for room service required me to go down and pick it up (they had forgotten about me) and the morning breakfast was a bit scattered with selections (hot were cold and cold were warm); the desk staff seemed a little mystified with being efficient (trainees?); the food i had in room on night of visit (salad and soup) was excellent as was the chocolate cake i had later; the location was very convenient to airport (5min/$10 taxi ride but I used shuttle and it was prompt); i did not have chance to get to "the mall" but it seemed very close; all in all, safe business stay for one night with good room but i would be hesitant to make a few nights there as limited food selection and questionable "service" to business caliber needs

Room Tip: it was quiet even though right near runways; i heard planes minimally (I kinda enjoy the sounds!) ev...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Frances R, Assistant General Manaer at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Hello, thank you for your comments regarding your experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your plush and comfy room. I apologize for the issue with the food service. We have since worked to improve our speed in the kitchen to ensure that food is out in a timely matter. We hope you choose us again the next time you are in the area.

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed here for business mid-week. Arrived late and was taken to the hotel by prompt hotel shuttle - check in was fast and I noticed several guests clustered in the smallish areas surrounding the front desk - they sell food and wine/beer for purchase. I was tired so went straight to my room. Large, clean room with everything that should be expected. Huge 60' HD television that swivels so it can be comfortably viewed from the suite area (with wraparound couch and ottoman) or the bed. I've never seen a room configuration like this before, with the bathroom by the outer wall instead of against hallway. Seems like a design nightmare but really works - nice not to have to walk so far in the middle of the night if you have to get up and use the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures and tile were clean and functional, which is a rarety these days.

The room was quiet despite being one of the closest hotels to the airport. In the morning I checked out (but you can do room checkout if you're in a hurry) and asked for some information about the mall of America and other local attractions. The front desk rep was a petite African American woman - wish I had taken down her name because she deserves special recognition from the management. Really helpful and informative, just a sweetheart. My business concluded early so I used the hotel shuttle to go to the Mall of America. I have no complaints whatsoever about my stay. My compliments to the management and staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 413 near the elevator. Room is clean and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave so many great comments regarding your recent experience. We are so glad to hear that you found your room to be spacious and clean. We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in the area.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My company hosted a customer meeting at the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I have been involved in organizing and hosting these type of meetings for years. I can unequivocally say that this hotel provided the best guest, meeting and food services of any hotel I've used in the past. From the hospitality of the complete staff to the high quality of the food our experience was excellent. We have other customer meetings planned in the upcoming months and we will definitely be using this hotel as the host.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Ryan H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport-South. I am thrilled to see you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again.