My family of 4 chose Hyatt Place for our hotel accommodations while we vacationed in the MSP area. This was the first, and last time we stay at a Hyatt. We arrived on 8/10/2013 and checked out 8/14/2013. We were placed on the 4th floor. As we rode the elevator, it begain to make wierd metallic grinding sound like the track or cable needed a good coat of oil and an overall safety inspection. When we arrived at our hotel room, something was wrong with the door handle. After swiping the door card,the green light activated but the door would not open. It was discovered that the only way to get the door open was to lift the handle up while giving it a jiggle.
The room was laid out nice with 2 full beds and a large sofa with a hide-a-bed. Between the two full beds looked like it had not been vacuumed. I picked up the pretzles that were left on the carpet, as to not step on them later. I noticed that the entire carpet was in need of a good vacuuming.
On 8/11/2013 (Sunday) at approx 8:00pm I notified the front desk that our toilet was plugged. At 8:35pm no maintenance guy yet. Called the front desk but no answer. I went down to the front desk, yes the elevator is still making that noise, to enquire about the toilet resolution. Spoke with front desk clerk that said they were having trouble locating a plunger. At 8:50pm I was informed that no plunger was on-site. At that moment my wife called me to get a update as my daughter needed to use the facilities. I told her they were still working on it. I went back up to the room, in noisey elevator, and took my daughter down to use the bathrooms near the pool area. At 9:03pm my daughter was back at the room and I was back at the front desk. No one was at the desk so I sat in the lobby area and waited. Long story short, Hyatt sent a employee over to the Holiday Inn Express to borrow a plunger. At approx 11pm an employee knocks on my hotel room door and hands me the plunger. He tells me to leave it outside my room door when I'm done. Nice!! I had to plunge the toilet and leave a dirty plunger in the hallway. Lovely!!!!
Toilet in now "fixed". Pull the hide-a bed out to discover that it has no sheets, pillow or blanket. Called the front desk AGAIN and I'm told I can come and get some, WONDERFUL!!!!! Down the piece of crap elevator I go. NO ONE AT THE FRONT DESK AGAIN....GO FIGURE!!! Waiting at the desk is a flight attendant and another gentleman, they are not together. Desk clerk arrives 10 mins later, flight attendant looks testy and states she can not get into her room. She is assigned another room. Other guy wants to check-in. He is assigned a room on 6th floor, I tell him about the elevator. I received the needed sleep items and trek back upstairs. Finally.........entire family is in bed and its almost tomorrow.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combining style and innovation, the Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South located in Bloomington offers an array of services and features designed to meet the evolving needs of today's travelers. Featuring spacious guestrooms each with the Hyatt Grand Bed™ and a 42" flat panel HDTV. New Gallery Menu with mouthwatering options including our signature flatbreads, made to order snacks, entrees & much more available 24 hours/7 days a week. Complimentary a.m. Kitchen Skillet™, featuring freshly prepared breakfast sandwiches, steel cut oatmeal, fresh cut fruit, and more is available daily in our Guest Kitchen. Intimate Bakery Café serves Starbucks® specialty coffees & teas, premium beers & wines. Grab 'n Go case offers new sandwiches & greens from our Gallery Menu and bottled beverages for moments on the run. Complimentary Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel24/7 e-room with complimentary computers and a printerComplimentary onsite parkingComplimentary transportation to and from the Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport (MSP) and Mall of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Hotel Bloomington
- Hyatt Place Bloomington
- Hyatt Bloomington
- Bloomington Hyatt
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport - South Bloomington, MN, North America