AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #31 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
Erie, Illinois
“Quiet”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stay at this hotel about 6 times per year, and have been happy with every stay. All of my stays have been business related. The staff is friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area. The property is nice, but could probably stand to undergo some remodeling to make it look a little more modern. The rooms and bathrooms have always been clean. I was very shocked how quiet the place is considering its right next to a major interstate. You won’t hear a bit of traffic noise.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
New Richmond, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2010

Very nice hotel. We always enjoy staying at a Hampton Inn. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. The internet was free and the breakfast in the morning was free. That is one of the things I like most is they have a great breakfast. Its not just rolls and coffee. The staff was great. The first room they checked me into was posted as a non smoking room but when I walked in it reeked of smoke. It was nasty! I just turned around went to the desk and asked for another room. They apologized profusely and changed my room right away. The second room was perfect. While I was at the desk taking care of the room change I overheard housekeeping say they would take up the deodorizing equipment and take the room out of service for 24 hours. I suppose it could have just as easily have been a housekeeper that smoked in there or the previous guest. I can sure see why some hotel will charge for having to clean a non-smoking room after someone has smoked in it. I think it is absolutely rude of people to do. The staff were very gracious about it. The free airport shuttle got me to the airport in plenty of time the next day for my flight. I would have no issues staying here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Iowa
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Why is it that most hotels set out delicious apples? Why not a tasty variety? Otherwise, the breakfast was good. Nicely updated room with a comfortable bed. We did not notice the 94 traffic noise. The hotel staff was friendly and accomodating. The room is smaller, but had everything we needed for a relaxing stay.

Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 7, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for four nights, a Thursday through Sunday evening. We were pleasantly surprised by the high level of customer service.

When I arrived at the airport I called for their shuttle, which arrived promptly. Check-in went smoothly. Once at the hotel I found my room on the first floor at the end of the north corridor. Closest to the interstate. We never heard any noise from the highway from our room. The room was clean and comfortable. The beds were very comfortable, with four pillows. Bathroom had enough storage for two womens' belongings. The shower had a nice shower head and water pressure was fine. At night there were hot fresh baked cookies. Chocolate chip and oatmeal cranberry...yummy and a nice surprise.

Breakfast was sufficient. Friday morning was the best. Biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. Each morning there were waffles, toast, muffins, yogurt, fresh fruit, fresh fruit salad, cereal, oatmeal and juice. More than we needed. Fresh coffee and flavored creamer was always available.

We used their free shuttle everyday to get to and from a local university we were attending a conference at. Prompt and friendly service always. Dennis and Ryan drove us anywhere we needed to go. They took us to a bank to cash in some money. Dennis even parked the van and accompanied us in the bank in case we would have needed his assistance. Seeing he was a local customer. No help was needed but his concern was above what was expected. He also drove me to a gas station for some convenience items. Ryan also provided transportation for us and he was also friendly and accommodating. Eric worked the front desk while we were there. We was very friendly and easy to joke around with. Good conversation and helpful advice on where to eat. Offerred us coupons to a local diner. The ladies that worked the desk on Thursday through Sunday evening were also friendly. I will look up who they were and include them in the letter I write to the Hampton management.

Overall an excellent stay and I have no hesitation in suggesting this hotel for a stay if you are in this area. Granted I am not too hard to please. However if customer service is lacking than nothing else matters. The free internet and compay!uter access was great also.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank LeeRae
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2009

I thought the covered parking price was a bargain and you have the choice of the uncovered. The room was clean, fresh, bed was great, and above all everything seemed like new and kept in very good condition.

Staff was great and free continental breakfast. Wished the gym has more free weights though. Locations is great for shopping at Mall of America. There are some bars/restaurants there, but you are far from Downtown (where most people go for nightlife).

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I accidentally booked this hotel. There are two Hampton Inns in Bloomington. The one on Metro Drive is sooooooooo much better! Don't stay here.

Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank hanagel
Browns Valley, MN
Reviewed December 17, 2008

Second stay at this location - they are NOT anywhere close to the airport, but do have a long shuttle ride to and from. Frinedly shuttle drivers and desk staff. Rooms are clean, but not overly large. Don't plan on sleeping in - the housekeeping staff starts beating on the door at 7:30 and keeps at it every hour until you give up. You would think they could wait until guests actually have checked out. Breakfast could only be termed as being pathetic - was supposed to have meat & eggs, but none were available at 9 a.m. Overall - pricey considering offering.

• Liked — Shuttle driver/desk staff friendliness
  • Disliked — Price v. value
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Clydesdale1957