“Very comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Wanganui
“Very comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Was a little weary as I'd seen some negative reviews but a friend had already booked. Needn't have had concerns. Our room was very tidy, smelt fresh and clean and had all the amenities we required, though a fridge could have been handy. Bed was comfortable, air conditioning wasn't too loud. Showers weren't amazing, but it did the job. Staff were friendly and we used the airport shuttle to get to the airport next morning, arriving in plenty of time for check in. Down side was that my friend was travelling back to the hotel on the shuttle later and couldn't find anyway to contact them. Eating options within walking distance as well and a shuttle to the Mall of America, so good stop off point for travelers without their own vehicle. Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MariceNZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Albertville, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not a kid friendly hotel. Staff is nice. Hotel is clean. Very close to Walgreens, restaurants, etc. Not sure if misread google.. but I'm pretty sure it advertised a pool. I also over heard another guest assuming the same thing - so I wasn't alone. Good value for a clean room though. No snack machine - just over-priced soda...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Albert P
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. We are addressing our website to ensure that guests are properly informed of our hotel. We hope the next time you're in the area you would consider staying with us again.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently was a guest at the Hampton for four nights while attending a professional conference at Northwestern Health Science University. I was extremely pleased with my experience at this hotel. The room was clean, pleasant, comfortable. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful and accomodating to my requests and those of my fellow conference attendees. I would happily return!

Woodbury, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This Hotel had a nice location and great Shuttle service. We were in town for a concert and they came and got us at 1:30am. The breakfast was also outstanding. Had eggs suages and all kinds of other stuff. Staff was very plesant and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Ryan M, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Jon,

Thank you for your kind words on your most recent stay at our hotel. I m glad that we were able to accomdate you after the concert and am glad to hear your stay was up to standard. We hope to see you again on your next trip through Bloomington!

Thanks,

Ryan M
duxbury MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've been frequenting this hotel for many years and it always gives me a feeling of being at home. I like the size (fairly small) the very friendly staff, ease of parking, good breakfast, and handy location. It doen't hurt that it is near my favorite restaurant Ciao Bell!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a TripAdvisor survey. We are glad to be your home away from home and am happy to hear that you will return to our hotel when in the Bloomington area!

Ryan M
Viroqua, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I had booked a reservation through Hotwire in hopes that I could take advantage of the Park and Fly. Not so much. I called the hotel direct to ask how I could do this on my upcoming stay in May and he was rude with me and stated it is not an option at all since I booked with Hotwire. I understand that the rooms may have been discounted but I was willing to pay the additional for parking. Would not work with me at all. Very disappointed that there was no customer service in this situation. I am serisously considering cancelling the whole reservation regardless if I lose money, just to not stay at this hotel. Would much rather stay somewhere else where they are willing to work with you.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Joliet, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

V's in the room are monitors with no HDMI, RGB or Video input ports. Cancelled and stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott instead. I travel for several weeks at a time for business and I bring my Xbox and laptop to occupy my time away from family, not having a TV to plug them into for movies and gaming is a deal breaker.

• 4 of 5 stars
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We apologize that you did not have the in-room amenities you were expecting, and as we look into refreshing options we will consider your suggestion. Thank you for your review.