AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #32 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The room was presented ok and was probably the safest place to be in the hotel. The hotel was dated, and it advertised movies we could watch in our room. They discontinued offering movies. Awesome HD TV's in the room, but hey, you don't need HD hookup. My husband and I have a sick fascination for watching fuzz (not). I used the Internet to watch movies, at least that was free. Housekeeping has no sense of reading English, or appropriateness. They would beat on the door and then just barge in, we like being caught naked. It gives us a sense of being whole. Our card/key quit working on almost every single instance and would have to go down to the front desk and get a new key near every time we exited the room, we must have needed exercise since they lacked the fitness room they advertise. Oh, and don't even think about going swimming, because you have to drive four miles to go swimming, use the hot tub, and use their business center. But hey, when you complain, they don't tell you about their 100% guarantee, oh no no no. They give you candy and look away. You may as well get a tent and camp on the side of the road. The price is NOT worth the stay.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

I want to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to answer a few questions about your stay.

I do apologize that you expected a pool at our hotel and we do no have one, I am not sure if you also thought we do not have a business computer and fitness center but those we do have on property. The movies are not available at this time, I am truly sorry for that inconvenience as well.

We will share you issues with housekeeping with the housekeeping manager so she can work with her staff on the proper way to enter a room.

I am, again very sorry for all the issues you had with our property and we appreciate you letting us know.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I see lots of complaints on here, but that is the exact opposite of my recent stay here. I'm an Honors member and generally consider the Hamptons to be one of my top few choices for places to stay. Usually a better bargain from a cost/benefit perspective than other Hilton properties.

I was scheduled for a two-night stay. I had a clean room and a high-quality bed for my first night. Breakfast the next morning was quite good. Still, I would have rated this as about an average or slightly above average night's stay, based on many nights in hotels over the past few years.

After working all day at a one-day conference, I returned to the hotel for my second night stay. I was battling a head cold and generally feeling pretty miserable. I was planning to stay that second night to hang out with some friends who were in town for the weekend. However, I really just wanted to go home and sleep in my own bed, three hours away.

I asked the front desk what would the penalty would be if I checked out instead of staying the extra night - and this was way past checkout time. They told me that they valued my business and that there would be no charge for the second night if I decided to drive home. Both desk clerks were extremely polite and friendly. Kudos to the staff and the management for treating customers in a way that I don't see very often any more. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stay in many Hampton Inns all over the USA and this is by far the worst example of a Hampton Inn you will find. The place is old , the lift did not work and the beds in our room were a joke. I have never experienced a lumpy bed when staying in any hotel but we couldnt believe it when we saw how bad they were.
We thought at least we may get a nice breakfast but we were wrong! It had to be probably the worst we have ever had. It was a shambles! I thought I would just have toast except the toaster was broken! Every table was dirty, and there were dirty cloths in a bucket right where people were sitting eating.
This hotel is a disgrace to the Hampton name. We were due to stay here for 3 nights but booked out to find a better hotel which will not be a difficult task as there can't be many worse than this one!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the conditions that you found while you were at our hotel. What you found when you stayed with us is not normal for us! We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Not bad. Clean rooms good wireless signal in the rooms. This must be one of the first hamptons ever built its not run down by any means but you can tell its older. Booked room via hotwire at a super low rate. Would do it again.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 21, 2013

During our most recent stay we seriously felt our safety was at stake. smoking hotel guest were not adequately addressed for smoking in the hallways at 4am. We had a miserable night! It was the fault of the drunk St. Patricks day crowd though, not necessarily the hotel! They were smoking in a non smoking room, then on the balcony, were loud and rude.

Room Tip: Want a good room....check a different hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise and actions from other guests was an issue during your time with us. We strive to stop that type of behavior as soon as we become aware of it. I apologize that you had to experiance that and we did not stop it fast enough. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I had a miserable night! It was the fault of the drunk St. Patricks day crowd though, not necessarily the hotel! They were smoking in a non smoking room, then on the balcony, were loud and rude. The hotel is fine, basic but clean, and with very nice staff.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests. I understand that the noise was an issue during your time with us. We strive to have additional overnight managers available during high traffic periods to assure the comfort and safety of our guests. I do hope the next time you return to area you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Where shall I begin? Let me start by saying go elsewhere - you can have a better stay at a Motel 6 for less money. Specifics:

Ice sheet in parking lot - fell down.
Shuttle bus parks under both lanes of covered entry preventing guests from close unload.
Serious shortage of parking.
Sex fluid stains on couch cushions.
Broken elevator.
Snow on room TVs.
Leaking / running toilet tank.
Ripped upholstry.
Bed duvet was worn and clumpy.
Property was old and worn.
Room layout and furnishing not current to Hampton brand.

The management listened and was apologetic, but had no power or resources to do much.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve W
James V, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay. This winter we have had an unusually high number of guests using our Park and Fly program. We have addressed the issue and have reduced the number that can stay at one time. We are very thankful that our neighbors will allow our guests to use their lot, I do apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will give us another chance if you visit this area in the future.