We stayed at this Hampton for 4 days, and I was honestly a little frustrated with some things of our stay. One of the positives notes was the housekeeping, rooms were clean, and serviced well each day. My issues started as we arrived. There was no parking...see this property rents parking to airport flyers, well while I applaud the owner for looking to extra income, they have oversold the lot. Each night we found no place to park, except for a neighbor restaurant, but were left wondering if we'd be towed as the lot was clearly marked. Also on the exterior, they have really poor conditions with thick ice everywhere. I understand its winter in MN, but it's not excusable to have thick dangerous ice everywhere...salt or ice melt maybe?? We watched people slip daily..I can't believe the owner would risk the liability. Next on check in, it was a rushed check in, not the typical friendly Hampton Experience. They have a sign welcoming all the HHonors members, yet our name was missing.. We inquired about warm cookies, and were told they only do that every now and again....really? Our first impression on the room did not meet what we expected by reading that they were newly renovated. Although clean, it was older looking, but so small. The bathroom was only the length of the tub, and that is just too small. It's one thing if you are paying a lower rate, but when you pay a Hampton rate, I feel you should get a little more, and a mini room gave me a sour taste. Next issue, we were late rising each day, and as such did not leave until around noon. Well each day we had a note saying housekeeping had been there, seen our do not disturb sign, so passed on our room. It said we could call the front desk should we need any supplies. We did call and request a service, which they did do, I was just bugged at the note everyday. I don't think they should leave notes until later in the day prior to the staff leaving for the day. On checkout the bill never arrived under the door like most do. Overall not a good Hampton experience at all, not bad, just not a Hampton experience. I really don't know that I would stay at this property again. It seems like one where an owner is not as involved as they should be, or a GM not doing his job. I'm not saying its a bad place, it's not, it's just not what Hampton has built with their brand. I think had there not been so many little things, I wouldn't have cared about others, but when you start to add up all the little things, it ruins the experience as a guest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AmericInn Bloomington West hotel is conveniently in the heart of Bloomington, near the Southdale Mall. We are located near several major Interstates including I-494, I-35W, and Highway 62/212. Our Bloomington hotel is just ten minutes from Minneapolis / St Paul International Airport and only five minutes from the Mall of America in a major business district close to many corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington (Airport Area) Hotel Bloomington
- Hampton Inn Bloomington
- Bloomington Hampton Inn
- AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West MN, North America