“Typical Hampton”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Reviewed August 12, 2011

I usually try to stay at Hilton or Doubletree properties. It seems every time I visit MN in the summer, everything is sold out, so I'm stuck with Hampton. It's not a bad place, but it's still a Hampton. Small bathroom, small toilet, average bed and linens, in room AC is loud, nice TV, but no HD service, no available electrical outlet by the bed. All of the typical issues I have with Hampton and why I try to avoid them.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank billsinaz

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I booked this hotel based on reviews. We stayed in a "suite" room that I thought would have two rooms, but it was one big room. Once I got over the fact that it wasn't two rooms, we liked the large room. The room was clean, only not so good was the loud air conditioner, but maybe I could have changed it. The breakfast was good, my family really liked it. Get there before 9:30 though or you may miss some of the fruit and pastries. Only downside was how small the pool was. In the photos it looked like a long pool but it was quite small so my kids were disappointed. Would I stay here again? Maybe. I'll probably look for something more upscale next time. Overall good for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank RoFamily
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We loved this place. The rooms were spacious and quiet. The place was very clean. The breakfast was awesome. The staff were wonderful. We felt like kings. This was the best place we've ever stayed at. And we chose the place because of the low price relative to other hotels that met our needs.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2011

This was a great value for the money. All staff was incredibly friendly and professional. Room was clean and nicely furnished. My only complaint was a relatively slow internet connection. Yes, it was free, yes it was "broadband." But relatively slow, and SKYPE calls were difficult.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Check in was quick, room was clean, bed was comfy and the staff was friendly. All-in-all a fine business trip hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I was in Minneapolis for business and needed to stay an unplanned extra night. There were no rooms available downtown so I opted to stay at this hotel near to the airport for my early morning flight out. The hotel is clean and comfortable. They offer a free shuttle to the airport and a nice breakfast is included.

The bonus was that after a tough business day I arrived at the hotel late afternoon. After changing into casual clothes I used their regular shuttle to the nearby Mall of America. It was a great way to unwind and I found numerous great eateries at the mall. A free shuttle ride back to hotel completed my day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2011

This was a great hotel for the price. It was really clean, and the beds were very comfortable. The front desk women were very nice throughout the day, though they weren't informed well on various downtown restaurants (we asked for cheap eats in downtown, they told us a bunch of restaurants, when we arrived to them, they were all $30+ per person, not to mention one woman thought that one of the restaurants was owned by Gordon Ramsay - it wasn't!).

The location was great if you are in Minneapolis to go to the airport or to go to Mall of America.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank grdenstate
Travelers also viewed these Bloomington hotels
Holiday Inn Bloomington W MSP Airport Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Minneapolis Bloomington W
1 mi away
Hampton Inn Minneapolis Bloomington West
Staybridge Suites Minneapolis Bloomington

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West

Address: 4201 American Blvd W, Bloomington, MN 55437-1120 (Formerly Hampton Inn Minneapolis)
Location: United States > Minnesota > Bloomington
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
Price Range: $80 - $176 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West 3*
The AmericInn Bloomington West hotel is conveniently in the heart of Bloomington, near the Southdale Mall. We are located near several major Interstates including I-494, I-35W, and Highway 62/212. Our Bloomington hotel is just ten minutes from Minneapolis / St Paul International Airport and only five minutes from the Mall of America in a major business district close to many corporations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites Bloomington West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Minneapolis / Bloomington (Airport Area) Hotel Bloomington