“Very good BBQ”

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Very good BBQ”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I came here for lunch and were very impressed. The decor is very back woods type and we couldn't ask for friendlier service. We were very impressed with the size of the meal we ordered and everything tasted fresh and cooked to order. We were very impressed and left very stuffed. A great stop for lunch while shopping or doing whatever. You won't regret it!!!

Fort Dodge, Iowa
“We got more than we ordered”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We witnessed a touching display of care and respect by the staff. A special needs man came alone into the restaurant in a wheelchair. The hostess took time to situate his wheelchair at the table, the whole time calling him by name. The manager tucked a napkin at his neck and sat with him a while. Several of the wait staff sat with him and chatted a bit. The manager would playfully "box" him as he walked by. All of this made the man smile. My husband and I were so touched.

Visited February 2014
“Now THIS is a BBQ.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Great experience at Famous Daves. Everything was super tasty and actually had FLAVOUR. So many places are afraid of it these days. We will be back!

Duluth
“Family friendly”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Good variety of food, good qulaity and reasonable prices. Have dined at other Famous Dave's though out the state and they are pretty consistent with qulaity and flavor

Visited January 2014
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Way better than I expected”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Sadly, I'm becoming a BBQ snob. I LOVE BBQ and have been learning on TV how to do it myself, and have realized it's REALLY difficult to do in an organized fashion on time. If it sits under a heat lamp too long, as I learned at a place in Houston, it doesn't matter how good it was when it was ready. So being a snob, and having a so-so experience at Dickey's BBQ chain in North Branch MN, I didn't have super expectations that Famous Daves would be much better, particularly since at this exact location about 7 years ago I had an experience similar to Dickey's: very mediocre.
Not this time! Good lord do these guys do great BBQ now! This is what I expect when I go to a BBQ joint. I asked the manager what happened and he said over the last 3 years or so they've been paying close attention to their product quality. Well they deserve major cudos for their product. We ordered the platter for 3 and EVERYTHING on it measured close to as good or better than I make at home for 4 people on MY time. I've only had better a few times in a restaurant setting.
Truth is, I was craving BBQ and since I took my family from Canada to the Mall of America to go shopping, I wanted to give Dave's a second chance. Top marks, guys!

• Visited November 2013