“If you love the aroma of musty bar rags while you dine”

Crave - Mall of America
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave - Mall of America is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 227 Restaurants in Bloomington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: West Ave
Transit: The Mall of America is accessible from several light rail and bus lines.
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Twice I have been drawn into Crave by the diverse menu with options from sushi to pasta to steak, multiple taps with local and rotating featured brews, sake sampler and lengthy wine list. The first trip I tried the salmon with citrus and buttermilk mashed potatoes and a red zinfandel. The meal wanted to be nice, but the rich taste of every bite and sip mixed in my nostrils with a pungent aroma left over from the last wipe down of the bar.
This most recent visit found me in the mood for no particular meal so the varied selections and local brews on tap appeared to be an invitation to consider the options. As soon as I sat at the bar with my selected pint I remembered the wet bar rag smell. I will try anything twice. Maybe the first experience was just a fluke or a bad ingredient or timing. Unfortunately, not in this case. The flavor that may have been in the juicy medium rare rib eye steak was masked by the thick coating of pepper, but the red wine reduction was more of a plain brown gravy. The buttermilk mashed potatoes were basic mashed potatoes. The blue cheese fritters were a salt and cheese lover's dream. Hovering unpleasantly through the entire experience was that wet bar rag smell. I did sit at the bar, but it would have improved the experience if the staff or management had the hygienic sense to spritz some disinfectant on the bar or run the bar rags through a washing machine with some bleach once every couple of months.
If I ever go back it would be to snack on the blue cheese fritters while I sip a beer or wine and ponder where I am going to eat dinner.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

At that price, the food and service should not be that good. I tried a bit of my daughter's kids mac and cheese, and I don't think I could have liked it better. I got the bento box and was really impressed by it. Rainforest Cafe stinks by comparison. Go here instead.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My wife and I ate at Crave at the Mall of America the night of a blizzard. I have never seen the mall that empty. We were seated, and ordered a glass of wine each, and I had a steak, and my wife had a mushroom pasta. Both were very good. We have eaten at Crave before and there seemed to be the same excellent food and staff. We would recommend Crave to anyone looking for a nice place to eat.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I been to Crave at MOA a dozen times and have tried a number of different dishes and have never been disappointed. Whom ever manages Crave know what good food and good service is all about. There is a bit of a noise problem with the people tariff in the mall walkways, but that's only in the afternoon on weekends.

1  Thank JackGon
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Saturday night apps were fabulous! We ate Crunch Sushi, flatbread, calamari and salad. Our waitress/manager were concerned a few at the table had too much wine prior to arrival so NO ONE at our table was served alcohol during our visit? Seemed a little extreme but we had fun and great food none the less...