“I would stay here again.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas City
“I would stay here again.”
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed at the Country Inn for one night on our way to another destination. We wanted to shop at the mall and chose this hotel because of the location. It is across the street from the mall and it is safe to walk across if you don't want to take the shuttle that runs at the top of every hour. After shopping we ate at the TGI Fridays that was connected to the hotel. The room was clean and spacious and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK, a typical contential breakfast but it saved us time in the morning. The only complaint I could see someone having is that the hotel is close to the airport so you hear a lot of air noise. By the time we were ready for bed though the noise was minimal and we had no problem sleeping. Overall we had a good experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KCTraveler29

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
Montreal
Reviewed July 31, 2009

We stayed here in April right before flying to Vegas; we've been to MOA in February and while staying at a different hotel, we noticed this one, right across the street! You can walk to MOA, and they also have a super efficient shuttle to the airport. Check-in was a breeze, and we booked a 1 room suite for about 115$, and that allowed us to park for a whole week. Well worth the price! The breakfast was good, the pools were OK, but overall, you just can't beat the location! I would return there anytime!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYC_is_for_lovers
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location and is walking distance to the MOA and Light Rail. The rooms were clean but on the smaller side. Continental breakfast was good. I did find the front desk staff to be a bit abrupt but they were efficient. The pool is nothing special. I would stay here again if only for the convenient location and breakfast offered.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Iowa
Reviewed July 8, 2009

My wife and 18 year old stayed one night. We selected it for the convenience for my son and I to take the light rail to the Twins/Yankees game at the Metrodome while my wife shopped at the MOA. The hotel is very clean with a nice continental breakfast of cold and hot cereals, toast, biscuits and gravy, omelets and waffles. I was somewhat crowded in the dining room but with enough dining space was not too uncomfortable. The room was clean, 4 pillows to a relatively hard bed and nice flat screen TV. The one down side was the fan in the room for the AC was LOUD!!!! and when turned on it woke me up. Of course I am a light sleeper but did wake my wife who is a very heavy sleeper. This location is great for the same use we had for it. The light rail was only 30mins each way to the Metrodome and $4.00 each. The MOA is the end station so the train was waiting for us there and at the end of the game at the Metordome. My wife just crossed a large street with l ights to get to the mall safely although a shuttle is there as well. Easy to get tofrom route 77. This is a recommend for the convenience although you can find cheaper alternatives.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed June 17, 2009

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary by going to the Mall of America and taking our daughter. We were new to Minnesota and had never been before. Unfortunately I had fallen the night before we left on my bathroom floor and injured my knee. I was in an knee immobilizer and unable to walk very well. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! We called ahead to ask directions on how to get off the interstate to their hotel---NOBODY could help me. Next, when they tried to give directions....they sent us the wrong way! Upon arrival at the hotel, I learned they had NO WHEELCHAIRS!!! I luckily was only handicapped temporarily....FORGET STAYING HERE IF YOU ARE PERMANENTLY DISABLED!!!! Much less, when they saw I was injured, they did very little about it. They assigned us a room ON THE SECOND FLOOR AT THE FAR END OF THE HALL!!! The shuttle ride to the mall is in the far back side of the hotel...which meant walking another way as far as you could go. The shuttle driver was nice and accomodating but he was the only one! Breakfast was madness...as they offered a hot breakfast but one staff member almost hit a customer in the head with the milk door-he had to move to get out of her way. It was obvious on her face, that she was having a bad day. We have stayed at country inns several times but after this, I wrote to the company to let them know about our experience so they might make some corrections.......GUESS WHAT....THEY DON'T EVEN CARE ENOUGH TO RESPOND BACK!!!!!!! RUN THE OTHER WAY.....THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER NICE HOTELS IN THIS AREA THAT ARE PROVIDING A MUCH NICER SERVICE!!!! I WON'T EVER USE COUNTRY INN AND SUITES AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank MMCMOM
Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Super clean, comfy beds, bedding and pillows. Really felt like I could snuggle into bed and relax. Soft, fluffy towels. Very quiet despite being so close to MOA and airport. GREAT location! We walked across street to Mall of America but they offer a shuttle too. IHOP and FRIDAYS right on property - can get to them without even walking outside and both restaurants offer room service. Breakfast good; nothing exciting but it's free and gets you going. 2 indoor pools and 2 huge hot tubs. Late pool hours plus one hour for adults only. Wish we could've stayed longer! Could use one more computer in lobby.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I normally stay at lesser-priced hotels, but got a great rate on a room here with my AARP discount. Staying here was a real treat. The beds are large and SUPER comfy. Very clean and well-kept. Breakfast was so-so, but it was hot and free...Staff was friendly and helpful. A few minutes from MOA. A really nice, comfy place to stay. I plane on making this my go-to hotel in Mpls. from now on.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo