“Convenient, Clean, and great staff”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Breakfast area was always crowded, but the hotel was convenient, clean, and had friendly staff. We walked to Mall of America several times. Felt it was a safe location and convenient to other things too.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank 3NLS
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

We are so happy you had a positive experience with our hotel and we are very grateful you took the time to recommend us on Trip Advisor. I apologize that the breakfast room felt crowded when you were trying to eat. Thank you for making me aware of the issue and I hope you'll be back again soon. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Write a ReviewReviews (2,053)

Reviewed June 16, 2014

It was a great experience staying at that hotel.
All the facilities are very good and the staff is great.
My wife and I arrived from Brazil and went right to the hotel, where we were receptioned by Laura, a very kind lady, who gave us the best first impression of the hotel. And that counts!
Thank you all.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

We are very happy to see you and your wife had a good experience with our hotel. I shared your nice comments with Laura and she was very touched. Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend our hotel to other travelers researching the area. With gratitude, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel offers a reason fee for staying 1 night and parking your car in their parking lot. The free shuttle to and from the Minneapolis St. Paul airport was excellent and timely. The breakfast was good. I have stayed here several times. I have a four hour drive to get to the airport and staying overnight at this hotel is less expensive than taking a local connecting flight from home to Minneapolis St. Paul. Plus there is the added benefit of being able to visit the Mall of America.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

I'm so glad our parking special worked out well for you and I hope you had a wonderful vacation. Thank you very much for endorsing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I know other people researching park and stay options in the area will appreciate your firsthand account of the advantages of staying near the airport on the night before a flight. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was on a bus tour with over 50 other walkers, through 4 states and 3 provinces. We were in a variety of comparable hotels, at least 3 of which were Country Inn & Suites. All were good. This was our last hotel of the trip, and I sensed it was a notch above the others, even in the same class and brand. I define it as excellent instead of very good, because of the personal service given us by several staff members. Jonathan at the front desk went out of his way to help with a luggage issue. Another man at the front desk was equally helpful and cheerful to us each time. The shuttle drivers, of which I think I had 3, all were wonderful to us. I chose to stay an extra day after the trip to see more of twin cities. With such a great experience, I hope I get back again, and hope I can stay here again.

Room Tip: I was even near the elevator, but had no noise problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Wow; we were all very touched by your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to see you had a positive experience with our staff members and they loved seeing themselves mentioned in your review. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show my appreciation for their genuine kindness. We love having guests like you in our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my first time at any Country Inn & Suites. The experience was exceptional and I actually visited another on my trip that I had not booked earlier. Unfortunately they did not have any units as I drove west. I would have loved to stay with them all the way from Minneapolis to Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and we are flattered you would seek out our brand based on your experience with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with others on Trip Advisor. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We hosted our annual family reunion at Country Inn & Suites. What a wonderful choice. Super friendly and helpful staff, great location right next to the MOA. I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback regarding your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had an enjoyable family reunion and I hope you have great memories of the time you all spent together. With appreciation, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel monthly and am very pleased with the staff, service, cleanliness and amenities. The staff is always friendly and willing to assist when called upon. The rooms are clean and easy to work from with wifi access. The beds are comfortable provide a great night sleep. The bathroom is clean and equipped with all of the amenities. This is truly my home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are so grateful for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing your smiling face whenever you come to town. Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend our hotel to others researching the area on Trip Advisor. I know your feedback will mean a lot as a frequent guest in our hotel. Best regards to you and your family, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800