“Very service oriented staff, wonderful hotel.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was on a bus tour with over 50 other walkers, through 4 states and 3 provinces. We were in a variety of comparable hotels, at least 3 of which were Country Inn & Suites. All were good. This was our last hotel of the trip, and I sensed it was a notch above the others, even in the same class and brand. I define it as excellent instead of very good, because of the personal service given us by several staff members. Jonathan at the front desk went out of his way to help with a luggage issue. Another man at the front desk was equally helpful and cheerful to us each time. The shuttle drivers, of which I think I had 3, all were wonderful to us. I chose to stay an extra day after the trip to see more of twin cities. With such a great experience, I hope I get back again, and hope I can stay here again.

Room Tip: I was even near the elevator, but had no noise problem.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Wow; we were all very touched by your comments on Trip Advisor. I'm thrilled to see you had a positive experience with our staff members and they loved seeing themselves mentioned in your review. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to show my appreciation for their genuine kindness. We love having guests like you in our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again! Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Write a ReviewReviews (2,052)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was my first time at any Country Inn & Suites. The experience was exceptional and I actually visited another on my trip that I had not booked earlier. Unfortunately they did not have any units as I drove west. I would have loved to stay with them all the way from Minneapolis to Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

We are thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and we are flattered you would seek out our brand based on your experience with us. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback with others on Trip Advisor. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We hosted our annual family reunion at Country Inn & Suites. What a wonderful choice. Super friendly and helpful staff, great location right next to the MOA. I would recommend this location to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for sharing your positive feedback regarding your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had an enjoyable family reunion and I hope you have great memories of the time you all spent together. With appreciation, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel monthly and am very pleased with the staff, service, cleanliness and amenities. The staff is always friendly and willing to assist when called upon. The rooms are clean and easy to work from with wifi access. The beds are comfortable provide a great night sleep. The bathroom is clean and equipped with all of the amenities. This is truly my home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are so grateful for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing your smiling face whenever you come to town. Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend our hotel to others researching the area on Trip Advisor. I know your feedback will mean a lot as a frequent guest in our hotel. Best regards to you and your family, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This was our first stay at the Country Inn and Suites at the Mall of America, but we will definitely be back. We have stayed in many hotels over the years, and all agree that the staff were the most friendly and helpful of anywhere we have stayed. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

What a pleasure to see our service made such a positive impression on you. We are grateful for the endorsement you've given us and I'm so glad to see you're planning on staying with us again. Please introduce yourself if you have the opportunity during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had stayed at the Country Inn and Suites at the Mall of America over ten years ago. Having had a good experience then, we chose it again! The best thing about this hotel is clearly the location. It is a short walk over to the Mall. As ten years ago, the lobby was cheerful, friendly and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was free, and acceptable for a hotel free breakfast. The pool looked nice but was very, very full of running, screaming children, so we skipped it. The location was even better than ten years ago because more businesses have popped up, including a connected IHOP (24 hours!) which was very handy and had a wonderful waitress. There is also a neighboring TGIFridays that I don't think was there ten years ago! Anyway, I recommend this hotel highly for a visit to the Mall…convenient, clean, friendly and nice employees.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank carinael

Thank you very much for taking the time to recommend our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are very honored that you had fond memories of us from 10 years ago and it's great to see that we didn't disappoint! I look forward to meeting you in person during your next visit. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times in the past 3 years and have always enjoyed my stay.
The employees are friendly and helpful. This past time I was there in April I was an hour ahead of check in time due to an approaching snow storm. The hotel let me check into my room right away.
I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Twin Cities.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki H
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

We are so grateful for your loyalty and it warms my heart to see you always have fun when you stay with us. We all like to think our guests create lasting memories of wonderful vacations with family or friends when they are staying with us. I hope to see you again during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800