“Overall...Very Satisfied” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Overall...Very Satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I wanted to get away for a couple days and took a chance based on the reviews. We are glad we booked it. We were extremely impressed by Pierre, very nice guy, you couldn't have a better first point of contact, last point of contact, and everything in between (in our opinion). He answered all our questions which weren't too many, but he was very friendly, courteous, treated everyone we saw him interact with as if they were a VIP guest, whether they were wearing a suit on business or wearing wind pants and a t-shirt like I was. That says a lot and it didn't go unnoticed especially after a long drive. We've stayed at a lot of hotels and this hotels customer service level was great. I actually didn't realize I booked a King Suite either, and at first we thought perhaps we had the wrong room, then I looked at my confirmation and sure enough it was a Suite. We literally booked a Holiday Inn room for the same price as the King Suite just a few days earlier. The value for the money in our opinion was excellent having figured for the price we paid it was a regular room. Don't know if that was because of Expedia or not, but we were satisfied with what we paid. The shuttle to the Mall of America was great, and with TGI Fridays and IHOP, it really makes for a lazy stay. We were so spoiled not having to drive once during our two nights. We almost ventured out, were thinking about the casino and after reading some negative reviews on it decided to just stay in and enjoy the room. You can't go wrong (in our opinion) with a king suite here, the breakfast wasn't too bad.

Room Tip: The King Suite was a nice option (in our opinion).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel and I'm grateful you took the time to share your feedback with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I agree with you regarding Pierre. He sincerely cares about every guest in our hotel and wants them all to feel appreciated and comfortable. The price you paid through Expedia will be the same as you would pay through the hotel and I'm very happy to know you feel the value is excellent. I hope you'll have the opportunity to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 and found the hotel to be very clean and staff to be accommodating. I used the hot tub nightly which I really liked. Also this hotel has a TGIF connected to it making dinner a snap. The mall is right across the street, which I did walk to the first night. There was very easy transport to downtown as well. Overall this hotel has a great location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad the location and the restaurants worked out well for you. We appreciate your business and hope you'll be back to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Bourbonnais IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

MALL of AMERICA trip- we bypassed a tempting stay at the new Radisson Blu because the VALUE offered with Country Inn & Suites "Dream Package" was over-the-top. We booked the Hospitality Suite for our family plus 2 additional rooms. This is MUST for a family traveling to MOA.
***BUT HERE IS THE KICKER*** the INCREDIBLE experiences we had with the staff: A lovely housekeeper recognized it was my daughters birthday and she went above and beyond to make her feel so special...the front desk staff so generously helped with our FLAT TIRE, personally locating jumper cables....the FULL HOT BREAKFAST for all was generous beyond. This hotel made us feel like we were relatives staying for the weekend. I have stayed at luxury resorts and world class hotels and this particular stay ranks with the best of them. I highly recommend this hotel for a visit to MOA. (we walked to Macy's by the way). I also did a lot of research before this trip to find the best value..including contacting Bloomington's Visitor's Bureau and they sent a lovely guide to MOA as well. :)

Room Tip: Hospitality Suite for a family or group traveling together.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly R
Your review meant so much to all of us at our hotel. We are grateful that you took to time to share your feedback regarding the service you received. We feel privileged when families like yours stay with us for special occasions in their lives and we're so happy to see you left with wonderful memories of your daughter's birthday. Thank you very much for recognizing the kindness and helpfulness of our staff. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Minneapolis Mn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a family reunion here in mid-October, 2013 and had a wonderful experience. The staff of this hotel really know their roles and how to take care of guests, starting with the front desk. Their outgoing, friendly personalities made us happy to be there. The housekeeping staff greeted us with smiles. Passing maintenance workers would ask how things were going and whether we needed anything.

The hotel facilities are excellent. The construction appears to be pre-formed concrete, so the hotel is quieter than those made of wood. Two adjoining swimming pools in the center of the ground floor never seemed crowded. The breakfast room is larger than most hotels of this type. We used the Carlson Room for our group of 30 people, and it is a well-equipped and comfortable conference room.

They offer a full breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, waffles, hot and cold cereal (although I wish they offered raisin bran) and everything is served on real plates with real silverware (no plastic!).

The location is, of course, perfect, being right across the street from the Mall of America and the light rail to downtown Minneapolis (soon downtown St. Paul, also). The hotel has a free shuttle service to and from the MSP airport.

Green Features: They use real plates and real silverware and wash them, instead of plastic everything and throwing everything away! Yea!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for the wonderful endorsement of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We were honored to be able to host your family reunion and I'm so glad you had a good experience. We did add the Raisin Bran based on your suggestion. We appreciate your feedback and I hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The shuttle took a little longer than expected for a 10 minute ride from the airport but once we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly.

They have cookies (not homemade) and coffee/tea in the lobby. They have a big pool area which had two whirlpools and two medium size pools which I wish they combined the two pools into one so laps can be done. Lots of seating

The breakfast area was large and carried quite a few stuff to eat. Also it is complimentary - big plus!

The rooms are large and the duvets are very soft. I love their blankets.

I was very comfortable in my room. They also provide shuttle to the mall by schedule. One computer is in the lobby.

TGIFridays is adjacent to the hotel. No need to go outside. There is a walkway within the hotel.

Overall very good

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel in a Trip Advisor review. Coming from a seasoned traveler like yourself, I know your feedback will mean a lot to people researching the area. We sincerely appreciate the endorsement you've given us and I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person when your travels bring you back to the area. Best regards, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
Esko, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times. Clean rooms, and great staff. Its right next to the mall so you can just walk across the street. It has a TGIF restaurant next door and an IHOP as well. They have two small pools and hottubs in the same area

Room Tip: Avoid the few rooms by the check'in desk
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your support and your business. We're honored that you choose our hotel when you're in the area and we hope to see you again very soon. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Chose this hotel after finding it on trip advisor. Location was great since we were planning on visiting the mall. Jonathan was such a pleasure to deal with and treated us with much kindness. What a great guy to have to make the first impression as you walk in ! The room was very nice except maybe the location. It was located directly across the hotel restroom and house keeping's main room. Very noisy especially for the person who had to sleep on the sofa sleeper in the front room. I believe room 119. Otherwise the rest of our experience was great. The shuttle was convenient and breakfast was very good. My daughter and I enjoyed the pools and found them to be comfortably warm and clean. Thank you and we will recommend to others.

Stayed October 2013
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. I shared your comments with Johnathan and you made his day! I agree that we're very lucky to have someone like him welcoming our guests to the hotel. I also appreciate your comments about the location of your room. I've made sure all of my employees are aware that sound will carry into room 119, so we need to be especially quiet when going in and out of that particular housekeeping door. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800