“Sat thru Monday 1 BDRM Suite”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in 535 Sept 21-23rd. 1 bedroom suite. Room was huge. Separate bedroom with 2 beds. Two doors into bathroom (one from bedroom one from living area) Room had a table in it that could sit 6 (had 6 chairs)
We were warned that there would be noise since we were next to the elevators and there was. If you are a light sleeper it may be a problem, but it didn't bother us (5 of us stayed in room with roll-away).

Room was not ready at check in but was not a big deal (we arrived about 3:45) We had a drink at the attached TGIF and room was ready after one.

Mall is directly across the street. They have a shuttle but if you don't want to wait - just walk.
Light rail is under 10 minute walk. (or the shuttle) It is on that corner of the mall.
They will shuttle you to airport and mall. But they also shuttled 9 of us to Joe Sensors and picked us up.

I was told the pool had a lot of chlorine, but I did not use it.

The WiFi connection is S - L - O - W. We connected thru our cel phone and used data.

The breakfast had many choices - biscuits and gravy. waffles, cereal, bananas, hard boiled eggs, Canadian bacon. and more. included in room price.

All workers we came in contact with were GREAT! It seemed they were happy to be at work and wanted to make our stay as pleasant as possible. I did not come across any worker who was in a bad mood or having a bad day. Kudos to the entire staff. A.J. very welcoming. Chris very accommodating. Carrie in housekeeping - Thanks again!
When in area, we will definitely put Country Inn and Suites at the top of our list.

Room Tip: If elevator noise will bother you - ask for room away from elevator. I am not talking about hearing...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank TimM2012
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so glad you had a good experience and I really appreciate your positive feedback. It sounds like you enjoyed yourselves and I hope you have great memories of your visit. I shared your kind words with my employees and you made their day! I know your fellow travelers will appreciate your detailed descriptions of our amenities, as well. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I read all the glowing 5 star reviews so maybe I was expecting a lot more than an average place at a high price. I suppose the staff was fine - I got checked in quickly and that was it. I had no other interactions with anyone.

Night one - I was awakened by some alarm going off and had to turn on the AC unit fan to try to drown out the noise. That and my ipod helped to drown out the noise of the jets taking off from the nearby airport as well - pretty noisy place. Hallway noise and talking and doors closing woke me up all night - maybe a room in a different location would have been better, I got very little sleep on this visit.

Bed - soft - if you like that you will like it otherwise backache city. We like a firm bed. Pull out bed should be used for children only. Rooms were very clean , plenty of extra pillows and blankets which was a real plus, housekeeping was good. Nice to have a fridge and small microwave in the small suite. Coffee maker was a good touch. Heating / AC was very good and effective but LOUD. Decent choice of free TV channels on the two TV's.

Bathroom - nice and clean - great to have a separate exhaust fan switch, water was not hot enough for a comfortable shower though - at any time.

Free WiFi - worked well.

Breakfast - nice little buffet if you want to grab a quick bite with a good enough selection. We skipped the free breakfast day two though and went to the IHOP that was conveniently connected via interior door - they have a great breakfast and had good , fast service.

Overall , clean place with a great location but I couldn't wait to get home and get some sleep. I would try a different hotel next visit and hope for a quieter room and a more comfortable bed.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor unless you have to have an accessible room. Bring ear plugs...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I'm very disappointed to see you didn't get a better night's sleep and I wish you would give us another try. I'm confident we have rooms that will fit your needs and we'll make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Please contact me directly to arrange your next stay and I will personally take care of selecting the proper room for you. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for three nights while we hit the Mall of America and a University of Minnesota football game. My first comment would be -- what a marvelously friendly, helpful staff! They were upbeat, attentive and caring - from the front desk to housekeeping, to the staff in the breakfast room to the shuttle drivers!

Rooms are nice - the hotel has a few years on it, but things are well maintained. The room was quiet and roomy enough for three nights/two adults. Breakfast selections were extensive and the attendants kept on top of things, plenty of fresh food available (hot and cold) and a clean, bright, breakfast room.

Shuttles run to the Mall every hour. Kind of wish they ran more often, but this does make sense.

There was a lovely pool and workout area (we did not use) - even has lift chairs for those needing such assistance, and steps into the pool, too.

An IHOP adjoins the hotel and you can get there without going outside. There is also a TGIF next door.

A great place for a getaway!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Toranut1997
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your glowing review on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad my staff made a good impression with their friendly service and I'm thrilled our location worked out well for you. I know your fellow travelers will appreciate your detailed descriptions of the services and amenities we offer. Thank you very much for recommending our hotel. I hope I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I flew in to Minneapolis after having had to stay overnight at the Chicago airport due to weather delays, and had a meeting to attend near Rochester. I needed a quick place to shower and get ready for my meeting. The staff at Country Inn and Suites went out of their way to get me into a room quickly, at a reduced rate, even though they had been completely booked the night before, and housekeeping had just begun to clean rooms. Everyone from the manager to Jonathan at the front desk, to the housekeeping staff worked together to quickly get me into a room. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and will stay here again, for business or a family trip to MoA!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JaninePPT

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. Your comments made our day! We strive to give the best service we can and it's very gratifying to hear we were able to provide what you needed quickly and efficiently. I'm so glad you found us and we look forward to seeing you again when you can stay a little longer! Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband was very happy with his business stay. He needed to be by the airport and said that the shuttle was there to pick him up shortly after he called. He was also very happy with the hot breakfast. Usually Country Inn is not at the top of his list, but that changed after this pleasant stay. My only complaint has to do with Club Carlson, the Country Inn rewards program. The last 2 bookings I ended up with Advance Pay rates, which are not clearly marked, and then ended up on forever hold trying to get them fixed.(Once I was told I couldn't get a refund because I booked thru a 3rd party, which I absolutely did not.) The manager at this hotel was very friendly and promptly refunded the advance pay and fixed the reservation, so we can happily give the hotel 5 stars!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MWMomm

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impression of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm so glad you had a good experience with us and I'm thrilled to see your husband might be looking for our brand again when he's traveling for business. I would like to assist with your Club Carlson concern, so please don't hesitate to contact me. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. This was my first time in a 2 queen suite and I loved it. Loved having the extra space even though there was only 2 of us and can't imagine going back to a standard room again.
Hotel staff are so friendly and it has everything you could possibly need. Great wifi connection, laundry room, complimentary breakfast, complimentary coffee, tea and delicious cookies and great pool and hot tub. Great having TGI Fridays next door if you feel to tired to venture further.
Also so convenient to the Mall and the transportation center where we managed to get to downtown Minneapolis, St Paul, Southdale mall and Lake Harriet all without needing a car.

Definitely feels like my home away from home

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank gillh001

Thank you so much for the wonderful endorsement. Your review made my day and we are all honored that you referred to us as your home away from home. We'll make sure we book you in your preferred room type whenever come to visit. We are grateful for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon! Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed at this property several times when we have flown in & out of Minneapolis. Our most recent stay was 9/2, and to our delight, the rooms were completely updated. The bathrooms, in particular, are very chic and modern. The flat screen TV is huge! The service at the front desk is excellent here. The airport shuttle is always prompt and the drivers are courteous. TGI Friday's is right on property - very convenient when you don't have a car. I would HIGHLY recommend this property - it's an excellent value!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been renovated. I am not sure if all the rooms had been done yet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank azgkrudi
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the wholehearted endorsement of our hotel. We really appreciate your nice review and I'm thrilled to see you like our next generation of guest room décor. I'm also happy to know you received great service from the front desk staff and the shuttle drivers. Please introduce yourself, if you have the opportunity, during your next visit. It would be my pleasure to meet you in person. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800