Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
GreenLeadersGold level
Jaipur, India
“Very comfortable hotel”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel seems to have been refurbished lately with
large ,comfortable rooms. Our room consisted of the
bedroom and a living room with microwave,
small refrigerator, and coffee maker. Cannot
forget to mention the free parking and free wifi
(which is a very very slow).
The personnel at the front desk were always very
It is in a great location across the street from the
Mall of America . Next door to an IHop and a Fridays.

2 Thank syan0vich
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm so glad you liked our rooms and the service we offer. I apologize that you experienced slow Wi-Fi during your stay. We should have more than sufficient speed and bandwidth for any demand, so I shared your feedback with our vendor. They are monitoring the Wi-Fi service to ensure something like you described doesn't happen again. Thank you for making me aware of the situation. Please contact me directly if you ever need assistance with anything while you are staying with us. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel. The room was great considering my family and I barely stayed in the room. What's great is there is an iHop and TGIF Fridays in the hotel. One night it rained cats, dogs and bullfrogs and lucky for us we didn't have to go outside to grab a meal and some drinks. The staff was very friendly. The mall is right across the street and the Metro train is within walking distance too. The shuttle bus was efficient and on schedule. The driver was great, he was very friendly and informative.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TravelMama126
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding our hotel on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the positive feedback and I'm thrilled you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for listing so many of our features and amenities, as well. I know your fellow travelers to the area will appreciate your detailed, first hand account of your experience with us. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Kansas City, MO
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I took my two teen daughters age 16 and my two younger daughters ages 2,9 to MOA and we stayed at Country Inn & Suites since it is directly accross the street from the mall. When I checked in AJ was awesome very informative and the hotel is very clean. I was impressed just walking inside. Once to our room we all loved how big our Queen suite was. Everything was great with our room, housekeeping is awesome. The next day at breakfast was amazing they had alot to choose from hot items as well as cold. This is one of the best complimentary breakfast I have had and I travel very year and this is the best! The attendants keep the breafast stocked.
Everyone that worked at this hotel during my stay was great! This is an awesome staff and keep up the good work with your Customer Service because that is really hard to find!!! I will definitly stay here again!!!

2 Thank A1maui
What a delightful review to read! I shared your feedback with AJ and the rest of my team and you made their day. They all strive to make every guest feel welcomed and appreciated, so it means a great deal to all of us when we hear wonderful comments like yours. I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel and I hope you'll be back to see us again. If you wouldn't mind introducing yourself, I would welcome the opportunity to meet you in person. Best regards, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Baltimore
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my family after a long day of traveling. We called to see if they had availability and the front desk agents were very friendly and helpful. The shuttle could run a little faster but that is the only thing that I would recommend improvement on. The property is clean and well leaked out. The two restaurants on premises is nice and stall at those are just as friendly as the hotel. The hotel room walls are thick, we did not hear hallway or neighbor noise. The wifi is fast and free. The water pressure is also good and everything was in working order. Unfortunately I did not try the free breakfast due to an early flight. I would definitely recommend and stay again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank bmoregirl
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I'm sure your fellow travelers to the area will appreciate your detailed description of our amenities. I'm sorry you weren't able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast. Please let us know if need to leave early again and we'll be happy to set you up with a to-go bag with some packaged breakfast items. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
Normal
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Our stay was great!! The service was excellent!! Our spring break was relaxing and comfortable!! The breakfast in the morning was always hot and fresh. My kid loved the chocolate chip cookies left in the lobby every evening! Would recommend this hotel to anyone with kids. Right across the street from the mall. Very convenient!

Room Tip: •"Corner suites are large and sunny" •"
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayfromilli
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with our hotel on Trip Advisor. We're thrilled to see we played a part in making great memories of your family's spring break vacation. I'm sure other traveler's to the area will appreciate your description of our breakfast, location and the complimentary cookies. We hope to see you again when you're in our area. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes 952-646-2800
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We drove from Saskatchewan down to the Mall of America for a few days of shopping! We thorougly enjoyed our stay from check-in to check-out at this hotel. All staff, from the front desk to housekeeping to kitchen staff, were extremely friendly, polite and helpful, at the ready to help you with your any need. The free breakfast included in our stay was the best we have come across in our travels and lots of room to accommodate many people at a time. After our stay we filled out a survey. We brought a couple of items we thought might be improved upon. Shortly thereafter we received an email from the hotel stating that they did the improvements we suggested. Kudos to the entire staff for making our stay so enjoyable.

2 Thank Vonna S
What a delightful review to see! I'm so glad you had a positive experience with us. Thank you again for your feedback in our survey. We are always grateful to hear guest recommendations. We strive to be the first choice for anyone traveling to the area, so we continually look for ways to improve. The voice of our customers is the best way for us to know where to focus our attention. Thank you again and I hope to meet you in person during your next visit. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800
Orlando
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Country Inn and Suites are typically pretty much the same wherever you travel, and that is a good thing. One knows what to expect and the accommodations are affordable. I have to say I have never before in my travels experienced such rude and uncaring staff at any Carlson property. In addition to this review, I will also be writing a letter to Carlson properties as it is a chain I typically trust, but this one shakes that trust.
Upon check in, I tried to ask a few questions. The woman checking me in acted like she was bothered by me taking any amount of her time, and given the jacket color being different than the other employees, I think she was management. Perhaps this is why the tone of poor customer service is set for the other employees?
Usually, a desk person will say something akin to , "may we swipe a credit card for incidentals", or similar. Not at this Carlson. At the end of our very brief interaction she thrust her hand out and demanded simply "credit card?!"
Wow.
Moving along - I asked about airport shuttles and shuttles to mall of America. After shooting me an annoyed look, she said "All shuttles are by the East door at the top of the hour. You already missed it" In fairness, the Mall of America is only about a two block walk so no problems there. I walked. In the rain.
The room was nice. Comfortable bed, clean room. A bit outdated, but not in a run down way. I requested a room far from the elevator to reduce noise and sleep disturbance which they did.
Later that night, I called downstairs (frankly hoping for someone other than the rude woman with whom I interacted earlier) and requested a wake up call, and a shuttle to the airport. I was clear that I had to leave no later than 6 A.M. to ensure making my flight since I was told it was a 15 minute ride to the airport.
I was told by a man that I was the only one going on the shuttle at that time so no worries, it would be there waiting for me at the east entrance at the appointed hour.
Imagine my complete surprise when I approached the desk at 6:06 A.M. asking about the airport shuttle and was told, "it already left. sorry. Shall I call you a cab?" Since I was already told I was the only one scheduled for the shuttle and a shuttle bus was parked outside, I have reason to disbelieve it was ever actually there at the east or west entrance. The man also said, the AIRPORT shuttle leaves from the west entrance- the others leave from the east entrance.
The man called a cab (Gold Star) which arrived 5 minutes later. As I was throwing my bags in the cab, obviously anxious to leave, the cab driver began to exit the vehicle. I said, I loaded everything - lets go. He seemed put off that he would be unable to go into the hotel and partake of the free breakfast, and said as much as he got settled back into the cab.
I did make the flight, but only because I had allowed for an extra half hour just in case".
The property itself is fine. Two pools, a hot tub that is fairly large, and nice touches throughout like flowers on a table near elevators.
The staff didn't communicate well with each other or guests (I overheard a few others complaining as well) and seemed annoyed when approached by guests.
Despite the advertised timely "free shuttle" to the airport, sometimes you get what you pay for. In my case, it cost me an extra $18.60 for a cab.
The staff is not caring about ensuring the customer gets what they were promised.
There are restauarnts galore close by, but I would have to encourage readers to choose another chain until they get this staff issue worked out.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere if you have any time sensitive issues like making a flight.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tjdilts
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for the negative impression we gave you. Your feedback provided a training opportunity for us and I appreciate you bringing the matters to my attention. I'd like the opportunity to make it right for you and I'm hoping you'll contact me at your earliest convenience. Sincerely, Jodie Grannes, 952-646-2800