“Great Service, Small Rooms, Not so Clean”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Service from door staff, front desk, breakfast staff was great; friendly, accommodating and quick delivery on all requests.

Room is a bit small, tight with two beds. Small bathroom. Hair and dirt around base of tub and toilet. Cheerios and other crumbs around base of beds under bed skirt. Stay away from the elevators - you'll hear the doors open and close from your room.

Adjoining restaurants and Mall of America across the street are incredibly convenient. Breakfast is fine, sufficient with a few cold items, lots of breads and pastries, and a couple of hot items.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite and stay away from elevator/ice machines
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

We appreciate your review of your experience with our hotel. Thank you for recognizing our employees for the great service they provided you. I'm very sorry to see that your room was anything less than spotless. Thank you for making me aware of our housekeeping oversights. The things you described are not acceptable and I apologize for the negative impression it must have left you with. I hope we'll make a much better impression during your next visit.
Sincerely, Jodie Grannes

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We (a family of five) stayed here on our way back to the airport (5 minutes away). Very clean property in a great location. The staff was outstanding -- very friendly, accommodating and "can-do" for the guests. The breakfast was terrific, and the place was definitely kid-friendly!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

I'm so glad you and your family had a positive experience with our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to recommend our hotel to your fellow travelers on Trip Advisor. I shared your comments with our front desk agents and they were very grateful. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize them for their great hospitality service. I hope you'll be back to vist us again soon.

Best wishes, Jodie Grannes

Reviewed October 15, 2012

The theater arts Department at MSU Moorhead took their annual field trip to the Twin Cites and this year stayed at the Country Inn & Suites at Mall of America. If anything the bed was too comfortable. My acid reflux acted up because of the beer I drank at TGI Fridays which is attached to the Hotel. I'm not complaining. It was my own fault. That said the hotel was excellent. Mall of America was right across the street and I was able to buy a Birthday present for my niece.. WiFi was free although it took some tweaking to get it to work right. I highly recommend this hotel. The view wasn't great, but that is only because the only thing to see is the mall and the airport.

Room Tip: Since TGI Fridays is on the first floor, I would try to avoid that floor. Otherwise any floor will d...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for the heartfelt recommendation of our hotel. I'm glad to hear you were able to find a present for your niece at the Mall and it sounds like you felt the bed was comfortable. I'm sorry about your acid reflux and the Wi-Fi you had to tweak. Thank you for your patience with the situation. I hope you'll be back with the Moorhead theatre group again next year.
Yours truly, Jodie Grannes

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We weren't quite sure what to expect of a Country Inn. The reviews were good, the location was convenient next to the Mall and the rate reasonable so we selected it for our recent stay in Bloomington. Our plans were centered around the Mall of America. The property was clean with a small indoor pool. Our one bedroom suite was small but acceptable with a sofa bed in the living area, a refrigerator, coffee maker and a microwave. Plenty of towels provided but limited amenities in the bathroom. Check in and out were efficient. Staff was friendly and helpful. Mall was within walking distance and there were two restaurants on site. The only downside was limited choice in breakfast and small breakfast area which was always crowded. Complimentary wifi, coffee, breakfast and shuttle service to airport and the Mall are big pluses.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your visit to our hotel. I'm glad to know our employees were helpful and friendly. I apologize there were bathroom amenties seemed limited. If there are any specific itemsyou would like to have when you are a guest in our hotel, please let us know and we'll be happy to provide them. We appreciate your business and hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon.

Best wishes, Jodie Grannes

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Right beside Mall of America, very clean, staff very helpful, IHOP and TGIFs connected on side of
building. Transit station on other side. With a little help from the staff we took the metro transit (train) to downtown to Old Spaghetti Factory and back. Very easy and convenient. This stops right
in front of the Metrodome so I would recommend this hotel even if you want downtown or game access. Only complaint was the perfume like smell the cleaning staff left everywhere they went.
Really overpowering spray they use - smells like old roses. I almost couldn't handle it. Stay away
if you have allergies to this kind of thing. Otherwise I would stay here again.

1  Thank mpt98

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm very glad the Light Rail worked out well for you. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our staff, our cleanliness and our amenities. I apologize about the air freshener being unappealing. We omit any sprays from your room during your next visit. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Beautiful, cozy, easy access to Mall of America, the airport, and a good mean at TGIFriday's. Love the suites, even though I was only there for 10 hours. The front desk staff were exceptionally kind, and the hotel was pristine!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for rating our hotel so highly on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the recommendation you gave us. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal at Friday's and I was very happy to see that our front desk agents were friendly and the hotel was pristine. I hope you'll be able to spend more time with us during your next visit!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last week for one night. We wanted to visit MOA and this seemed like a good choice. It is within walking distance. I did feel the price was a little much for what we got...but I guess your paying for convenience. When we arrived, the front desk gentleman was very helpful. He gave us coupons and what-not to use over at MOA. The room was OK. Nothing to jump out of your seat about. The bed was rock hard, but on the other hand the pillows were extremely soft. The room was pretty clean --- found a few unwanted hairs, etc but it is what it is, I guess. The one unfortunate part is that the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear everything in the room next to us. I am a light sleeper so that was a little disturbing. In the morning there was free continental breakfast which was again OK. Very greasy and VERY BUSY. The restaurant is connected to a TGIF Friday's and an IHOP which is nice if you would like to eat there. For convenience sakes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you plan on visiting us again and I hope we make a better impression during your next stay. We want every guest to feel they had a great stay with us and we'll do our best to correct any issues that are not acceptable. I appreciate your patience with the disappointments you encountered and apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. I hope you'll leave with an extremely positive opinion after your next stay.

Best regards, Jodie Grannes