“Mall of America Top Location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America
Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Bloomington
GreenLeadersGold level
Ottumwa, Iowa
“Mall of America Top Location”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Country Inn & Suites located at the Mall of America. We were very pleased with this hotel. There is a shuttle to the Mall of America every hour, both going to the mall and coming back to the hotel from the mall. The breakfast was excellent, and the staff members were very friendly and helpful. There are excellent restaurants both at the mall and located adjacent to the hotel. The hotel is also a short walk to the mall if you do not want to wait for the shuttle.

Room Tip: Ask for a king suite. It is the same price as a regular room and has an extra room with a couch and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. I'm so glad the staff made a good impression on you. It's also nice to hear that you liked the breakfast, the restaurants and the shuttle service. I'm sure other travelers to the area will appreciate your comments, as well. We are grateful for your endorsement and hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon.

952-646-2800

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This Country inn and suites is the largest one I have ever seen. The staff at the front desk were polite and helpful. check inn was quick and efficant. They provided me with sugestions of local restraunts and directions to them. The room I had was a suite with a king bed. seperate rooms with both having TV's. The rooms were very clean and for the most part well maintaned with a few scuffs on the door and a couple of carpet stains but I would consider this normal wear and tear. The breakfest was hot and cold stuff. I have to say I was impressed with the breakfest that is included with the room. The location to the Mall Of America is great. 5 minute walk accross the street. there are 2 hotels (TGIF and IHOP) attatched to the hotel. TGIF was good and very convienient. I saw that there was a indoor pool with kids enjoying it. They do have adult hour at 11pm. I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again plus recomend the place to others. The only negative thing I have to mention is voices carry very easliy in the hallways but it was not a problem for me. I think this can be improved by putting seals under the door.

Room Tip: If noise from the halway is keeping you up put a towl at the bottom of the door
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice description of our hotel and the amenities we offer. We really appreciate your heartfelt recommendation and the fact you took the time to submit a review on Trip Advisor. I hope you'll be back to visit us again soon.

New Albany, Mississippi
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We have stayed at this location for the last 5 years and it is never a disappointment. The staff is always friendly and helpful and our room is very clean and maintained. The breakfast is fresh and tasty and we always appreciate how tidy it is kept during the serving times. At most hotels when the food runs out they never replenish it or they are slow to do so. We have never experienced that here. One last thing.... the same gentleman that runs their aiport shuttle always picks us up and takes us back to the airport. He is always so helpful with our bags and does it with a smile!
If you are looking for a nice place to stay that is within easy walking distance to the MOA, you won't go wrong with staying here!

1 Thank Jill F
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Jill,

Wow...thank you very much for taking the time to submit your comments regarding our hotel to Trip Advisor. I'm sure your fellow travelers will appreciate the picture you paint of our services, amenities and location. I really appreciate your endorsement and I hope to meet you in person when your travels bring you back to our hotel. Thank you again for the glowing review.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hotel is across from the Mall of America and also has TGIF & IHOP attached to the hotel. The breakfast everyday was great. Close to the interstate and airport. This the 2nd time we have stayed here and will return.

1 Thank Richard T
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Richard,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review about our hotel. I'm so glad to see you enjoyed the restaurant and were back to stay with us a second time. I hope I'll be able to meet you in person during your next visit. Thank you also for the recommendation. We really appreciate your kind words.

South Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This particular Country Inn & Suites is directly across from the Mall of America on the south side. There is an IHOP and a TGIFridays outside the hotel, so between the Mall and food choices, the location is excellent. The hotel has been well kept up, and the staff are friendly. I had booked two rooms with a request for them being nearby, and we were given adjoining rooms. Even though the hotel itself is older, considering the Mall of America area (I stayed there when my children were young, and I am now a grandmother), it has been well maintained. The free breakfast is a nicety, and there is a copious amount of food.
Bottom line, location, location. No need to drive to the Mall. Just park and walk across the street.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear BZV,

Thank you very much for the nice description of our amenties and location. It sounds like you had a great time and I really appreciate the recommendation of our hotel. I'm happy to hear that our employees were helpful. I hope you'll be back to stay with us when your travels bring you back to the area.

Linden, New Jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very nice Holiday Inn & Suites, perfect for visiting MOA, and also very close to the airport. The Hiawatha Light Rail Transit stop is just outside the hotel, besides the hotel shuttle can take you there on top of every hour 10am - 11pm.
Comfy beds, free WI-FI, complimentary breakfast, fitness center and two pools make your stay cozy and nice. On top of that there is TGI Friday's and IHOP restaurants on the property, or you can order room service.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tamka_Den
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bloomington at Mall of America, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you very much for posting a review about your recent trip to our hotel. It sounds like you were able to use several of the amenities we offer. I appreciate your detailed description of several of the hotel's features and I'm sure your fellow travelers will appreciate it, as well. I really appreciate the nice pictures you posted, too. They show a nice depiction of our king suites. I hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon and I'll have the opportunity to meet you in person.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Our stay was absolutely FABULOUS! We enjoyed all the wonderful amenities and we were the staff is absolutely amazing1 Thank you very much to Katrina Burt for making sure our stay was a true delight. Katrina Burt is in housekeeping. our stay at your hotel was GREAT!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments regarding our hotel and, particularly, Katrina. I completely agree with you! Katrina is an extremely valuable member of my team and a warm and caring friend to all she meets. I shared your feedback with her and I know you made her day! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize her talents in front of her peers at our employee luncheon. She was truly humbled by your review and I'm very proud of her.