Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN
$148
$135
  • Pool
2,129 results
All reviewsacross the streetpools and hot tubstgi fridaysfront deskking suitefree breakfastgreat place to stayliving roombreakfast roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulshuttle servicehot breakfastwafflesclean roomsspring breakdefinitely stay here againairport shuttle
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Visited two nights beginning 04/24/12. This is a good-value hotel directly across from the south entrance to MOA. Although Google Maps doesn't show it, they are constructing a new hotel which blocks the direct route to the entrance. So you must walk around the construction on the left. Staff was friendly but gave wrong answers to some of my questions re directions. Free WiFi, but it was slow in the evening. Room on the 6th floor was a standard CI room - no unusual problems. The free breakfast buffet was OK and offered a wide variety to select, but the small tables are close together and it was crowded (so go early). The free coffee was excellent. BTW you can enter both the IHOP and the TGIF attached restaurants by walking down the hall and enter directly; you don't have to go outside if the weather is bad. And there is plenty of parking - when arriving, park on the west side of the building.

Room Tip: Sixth floor is best.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
JodieLG, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Bloomington at Mall of America, MN, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Dear JW,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a view of our hotel. I'mglad you found our hotel to be a good value. Although it might not be obvious, the entrance to the Mall has always been the same. The new hotel is being built on what was once a one story parking structure. I'm very sorry to hear our front desk agents gave you some wrong aswers regarding directions. If you would like to share the specifics with me, I will use your feedback to retrain our front desk agents. I'm also sorry to hear the Internet was slow for you during the evening. If you ever experience something like that in our hotel again, contact our front, and we'll have our provider balance the bandwidth in that area of the hotel. I apologize for the inconveniences you must have had with these situations and the crowded breakfast room. Thank you for mentioning our great coffee and ample parking. I hope we'll see you back when your travels bring you to our area!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great place to stay if you are going to Mall of America. It is right across the street so you can walk or they do have a shuttle that runs on the hour. Very friendly staff and accomodations were great - clean. Breakfast was also wonderful - lots to choose from. Only negative was both hot tubs were broke but that is the only negative we had.

I will stay here again even if flying out of MSP.

1  Thank NikkiRH72

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our hotel. I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel and I'm also happy to hear that you'll be using us when you fly in and out of MSP. I do apologize about the unplanned whirlpool shut down. The drain covers have been replaced and so you can relax and enjoy a soak during your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed April 25, 2012

My daughter and I and a friend all stayed for three days for a Mall of America shopping trip. We had great service and the breakfast in the mornings were wonderful. Hotel staff were all very friendly and very willing to accomadate. The location for mall shopping was excellent and the pools and hot tubs were very clean and nice. As a bonus they always had daily newspapers and fresh baked cookies in the lobby. Will definately be going and staying there again.

Room Tip: We were on the fifth floor and had no problems
1  Thank fjf617

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm thrilled to see that you and your daughter had a positive experience. Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff, the cleanliness and the amenities you enjoyed. It's great to see that you'll be back to visit us again and I hope you and your daughter will always have fond memories of your girls weekend together at our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Very happy this time. Excellent front desk personnel. Very clean rooms and best breakfast we have had at a Country Inn & Suites. Over all excellent all around.

Room Tip: Stay away from elevators if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Joe,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding our hotel. I'm very glad you gave our hotel another try and left with a positive opinion regarding our service and the rooms. I'm also happy to hear you really liked the breakfast! I really appreciate your recommendation and I hope you'll be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel worked great for a weekend shopping trip. Although they do run hourly shuttles to the Mall of America, it took only a few minutes to walk across the street to get there so I only used the shuttle once.
The hotel is very nice and has a huge, free hot breakfast in the morning. I will be staying her for any future MOA excursions.
The only downside was that the hottub was not in service the weekend I was there and I always look for hotels with a hottubs as I enjoy relaxing in one in the evenings, especially after shopping all day. No mention was made of this at check-in, not that it would have mattered as I was already there, but would have been a nice courtesy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear Suzy,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding our hotel. I'm so happy you'll be back to stay with us whenever you visit the area. The drain cover situation has been fixed so you should be able to enjoy the hot tubs during your future stays. I apologize that you weren't told about the situation in advance. It wasn't a situation we were able to plan for, but we did try to post the closure on web sites, in the hotel and with our phone reservations. I'm very sorry we didn't get the information to you advance. Thank you for your patience with the sitation and again, thank you for your heartfelt recommendation of our hotel.